Aug 04, 2013, 09:14 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

MyFlyDream Autopilot: AWESOME!

Dear All,
a friend of mine bought the MFD AP and we tested it. What to say: it's awesome especially for those who use MFD tracker.
All a FPV pilot needs it has!
we tested all the autopilots sold on the market and some are really good (especially feiyutech products we think) but this one is the TOP one for us.

Well
at beginning somebody could think it's a little bit hard to configure: wrong! it's really a plug and play system.
It allows to save space and weight since it is an all in one system: stabilizer with RTH, OSD and teleflyosd. With it the tracker works better then before since it combine gps coordinates with barometer parameters.
It has been studied for FPV: has the rssi, the OSD has a great resolution, the cam image is not effected by osd, really clear, has an advanced RTH system, and more you can also adjust all the parameters you want (safe altitude, min speed, max speed, cruise speed, and so on)
When you launch the model, it has the LAUNCH mode function which allows to launch the model just giving throttle: it controls the model until you move the aileron stick.
On the second test, we did 12 km.... tested the RTH and what to say... MFD made a special product!
Last edited by brifa; Aug 04, 2013 at 09:20 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2013, 09:50 AM
RTFM
Video please
Aug 04, 2013, 03:14 PM
Thread OP

picture

Soon the video... for now a picture (got with windows stamp function) so not so good image... but it gives an idea...
Aug 04, 2013, 06:11 PM
ultra cheap pilot
12KM nice!
Aug 05, 2013, 12:26 AM
Web site? Price? Video?
Aug 05, 2013, 12:44 AM
http://www.myflydream.com/
Aug 06, 2013, 02:27 AM
It would be nice if somebody would put screens from config menu and different layouts of OSD here. Of course video would be even nicer.
You said a word brifa
Sep 12, 2013, 04:02 AM

Joining the AWESOME!

Hi!
I've had three flights with my autopilot in my trusty old Twinstar II and I will say the same as brifa: Totally awesome! Just dialed down the P's a tad and it cruises and RTLs like magic!

But I cant get my V4 tracker/driver to work with the autopilot. I'm using Immersion RC 5.8GHz 600mW VTX and the 5800 UNO VRX and I cant get a stable GPS reading from the plane to the Driver. If I turn off the GoPro it get a little better but not even close to stable. Dont know where to start looking for troubles....

The TFOSD and the older 910MHz tx/rx I used before worked very well. May be exept for a little lag because of the slow GPS I used onboard.

I've also added local GPS and it seems to work OK. Tho it took some time to figure out that a solder joint was missing on the little 5V to 3V3 circuit board..

...help....

Bent Are
Sep 12, 2013, 04:11 PM
Thread OP
about the AATdriver i have a couple of V4 version... and with one the AP works... with the other not... i don't know
i have also a V5... and what saying: the best on the market!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Moore74
Hi!
I've had three flights with my autopilot in my trusty old Twinstar II and I will say the same as brifa: Totally awesome! Just dialed down the P's a tad and it cruises and RTLs like magic!

But I cant get my V4 tracker/driver to work with the autopilot. I'm using Immersion RC 5.8GHz 600mW VTX and the 5800 UNO VRX and I cant get a stable GPS reading from the plane to the Driver. If I turn off the GoPro it get a little better but not even close to stable. Dont know where to start looking for troubles....

The TFOSD and the older 910MHz tx/rx I used before worked very well. May be exept for a little lag because of the slow GPS I used onboard.

I've also added local GPS and it seems to work OK. Tho it took some time to figure out that a solder joint was missing on the little 5V to 3V3 circuit board..

...help....

Bent Are
Sep 13, 2013, 11:11 PM
I have a few in stock in USA. check my post.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1982275
Sep 17, 2013, 03:08 PM
For the old v4 AAT drive. You will get the beep sound if you work with the AP. BS the ap transmit the data faster than the telefly. You can update the v4 AT&T to newer FW it will works withy the newer FW. You can email me for the FW if you want to upgrade at [email protected]
Sep 18, 2013, 03:48 PM
Iīd like to try that!
DOes it update thru the GPS port or the port inside? Thereīs no connector on the inside update port. Thatīs no problem though.
Just send the update to bentah20(at)gmail.com

Bent Are

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnn1044
For the old v4 AAT drive. You will get the beep sound if you work with the AP. BS the ap transmit the data faster than the telefly. You can update the v4 AT&T to newer FW it will works withy the newer FW. You can email me for the FW if you want to upgrade at [email protected]
Sep 18, 2013, 06:18 PM
i also need firmware for V4, mattias.hamsch(at)hotmail.com.

And another question, when i connect the output channels do i need to make some special solution to power these servos?

//Matte
Sep 29, 2013, 04:26 AM
Hi Guys

we just added the MFD Auto Pilot unit to our website. you can view the test video click the link below! cheers

From Hobby Tech Australia

http://www.hobbytech.com.au/products...utopilot-unit/
Sep 29, 2013, 04:36 AM
Can you run a mic with this?

Quick Reply