View Poll Results: Following our 3D thread- Whats your age?
Under 18 79 4.71%
19-25 86 5.13%
26-35 249 14.85%
36-45 361 21.53%
45-55 372 22.18%
54-65 349 20.81%
65+ 181 10.79%
Voters: 1677. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by kohersh, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 06, 2019, 03:35 PM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D model.
I practiced the large one today, half throttle large loop with 15 to 20 rolls. In low rate, rudder and up elev. on first half . No throttle and only up and down elev. on the second half. I don't think I need the rudder over the top , I just let it drop. I need to work on it but it look like a loop. The third quarter is intimidating to say the least, nice challenge.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 06, 2019, 07:10 PM
3D enthusiast
This is really helpful. Thanks for the answers!
Jun 09, 2019, 09:33 PM
PA Team Pilot
Hey guys... HEre's a new video... This is a bit specific to people just flying trainers and things. First impressions of flying a large balsa. Not for a lot of you, but you guys might want to show it to someone you know resisting moving up!

Michael Wargo- Crazy and shocking First flight reactions from training pilots on PA planes (6 min 54 sec)
Jun 11, 2019, 11:33 AM
3D enthusiast
That's a really good idea, Michael. I hope you carry on with this train of thought. It's often a challenge to help people over their mental barriers so they can experience the wonderful joy of flying in a wide 3D envelope and incredible freedom of motion.
I had a guest at the airfield recently who said "you don't fly your planes like real planes." No: I tried to explain: it isn't about copying something, it's about doing something more unique. When it comes to performance possibilities, we're the ones who explore the higher bar, and eventually full-size planes will sometimes copy us.
It struck me that the thinking needs to be explained, it isn't self-evident. The reason we do this isn't self-evident either. The bottom line is: it's way more fun to have this kind of freedom of flight!
Jun 11, 2019, 06:05 PM
PA Team Pilot
Agreed!!!!! Totally!
Jun 11, 2019, 10:20 PM
With my EF Laser people always talk about how well I fly.
Sometimes I want for them to fly it to see how easy it is and how well "the plane" flies.
It's amazing the difference a well designed, well built, well trimmed plane makes.
Feels like we are almost cheating
Jun 12, 2019, 09:45 PM
PA Team Pilot
Yes... It's kind of ironic that the planes they graduate to, really are significantly harder to fly than the bigger or pricier ones they stay too afraid to purchase. They fly crappy little foam warbirds for years. They are legitimately tough to fly and land.
Jun 12, 2019, 10:09 PM
I have learned to buy the best planes and put the best equipment in them.
It's just flat out worth it.
We work hard all day every day.
Fun is not where we should skimp.
Jun 18, 2019, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
Hey guys... HEre's a new video...
I just found this thread, and came to the last page expecting to find that your participation had dropped off somewhere over the years. I'm thrilled it hasn't, and am grateful for the opportunity to say thank you! I am coming to 3D from F3A and a little IMAC where I struggle with rolling maneuvers and have been nervous about the snaps and spins. Your video series introduced 3D 'physics' in a way that couldn't be any clearer or more inspiring to me. I watched them last night and bought myself a 3D EPP plane this morning =D I feel really confident in the building blocks you've laid out for learning these skills, and can't wait to get my plane and start practicing elevators, harriers, and KE flight to get to better roll control.
Jun 19, 2019, 08:32 AM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaRCfield
I just found this thread, and came to the last page expecting to find that your participation had dropped off somewhere over the years. I'm thrilled it hasn't, and am grateful for the opportunity to say thank you! I am coming to 3D from F3A and a little IMAC where I struggle with rolling maneuvers and have been nervous about the snaps and spins. Your video series introduced 3D 'physics' in a way that couldn't be any clearer or more inspiring to me. I watched them last night and bought myself a 3D EPP plane this morning =D I feel really confident in the building blocks you've laid out for learning these skills, and can't wait to get my plane and start practicing elevators, harriers, and KE flight to get to better roll control.
Nice to have you here. And thank you! Also, it never ceases to amaze me at how robust it has been. The most popular in history last time I checked was about 85 pages I think over many years. I think the amount of good advice by the participants is the key for sure. too many to mention for sure. Thanks again to everybody.
Jun 19, 2019, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaRCfield

The building blocks are perfect.
I started with an elevator, which turned into a harrier. After that it was on.
Enjoy the journey.

Quick Reply