View Poll Results: Following our 3D thread- Whats your age?
Under 18 79 4.68%
19-25 89 5.27%
26-35 250 14.80%
36-45 364 21.55%
45-55 372 22.02%
54-65 353 20.90%
65+ 182 10.78%
Voters: 1689. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by kohersh, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 15, 2013, 01:45 PM
GREAT EPISODE>>> Now I want more!!!!!
to remove ads between posts
Aug 15, 2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
Here it is guys.... Episode 2
In the servo end point apparently you did care only to don't over stress the servo

I'm surprise the end point are not defined for make symmetrical the control surface movement.

As well, with ailerons control by two servos, I would expect not only a symmetrical travel, but as well to have the two ailerons perfectly alligned by adjusting the end point

In practice find the 'over stress' point for the servo is just the start point, from this it can be needed to reduce futher the end point for keep symmetric the control surface movement, and eventually 'pair' the ailerons

Or .. do I miss / overdo something here ?
Aug 15, 2013, 07:15 PM
An aspirational fast jet pilot
Quote:
Great Idea, BUt it's already done.... LOL. Where were you 3 weeks ago!
Michael - LOL obviously not reading this thread. I only found your thread last week.
Aug 15, 2013, 08:44 PM
Why is this video removed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
In the servo end point apparently you did care only to don't over stress the servo

I'm surprise the end point are not defined for make symmetrical the control surface movement.

As well, with ailerons control by two servos, I would expect not only a symmetrical travel, but as well to have the two ailerons perfectly alligned by adjusting the end point

In practice find the 'over stress' point for the servo is just the start point, from this it can be needed to reduce futher the end point for keep symmetric the control surface movement, and eventually 'pair' the ailerons

I assume making symmetric throws for control surfaces is the "basic" trimming for all RC plane. For advance fliers, more fine tunes on ailerons, i.e. aileron differential, might be required to make prefer roller. So, the ailerons may not always travel symmertically. However, this is totally personal preference, making sure my servos won't get over loaded is my first priority. Burned servo= crash plane.
Aug 15, 2013, 09:20 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70

No you didn't miss anything. I really thought hard about that subject and I was outvoted to keep it simple because this is for beginners. But you are correct.

I fly F3A as well as 3d and differential is a big thing when it comes to straight line flying. This series is just about getting people to have some success. There are a lot of mixing tips I wanted to do as well and they felt was just too deep to cover in this forum...
Aug 15, 2013, 09:26 PM
Video now shows as "removed." It makes watching It very difficult.
Last edited by Prof100; Aug 15, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
Aug 15, 2013, 09:26 PM
3d NOOBular
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Video now shows as "removed." It makes watching It vehicle difficult.
vehicle?
Aug 15, 2013, 09:27 PM
PA Team Pilot
They took it down and reposted it

1 2 3D With Michael Wargo - "The Radio" (10 min 12 sec)
Aug 15, 2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke
vehicle?
I swear I wasn't drinking.
Aug 15, 2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
They took it down and reposted it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzL6B9sQgdM
Mike,

Thanks, I saw it on the other thread where you reposted it. Excellent.

Anyway, the CG explanation was dancing around the polar moment of inertia that's best demonstrated with spinning a set of dumb bells. You can have equal weight on both ends but with more weight the harder it is to accelerate or stop the dumb bells. You want the weight concentrated around the CG not hanging off the ends. Same thing applies to race cars and 3D planes.

Bill
Last edited by Prof100; Aug 15, 2013 at 10:58 PM.
Aug 15, 2013, 09:47 PM
Michael,
The basic things that you are covering are very helpful, it explains things that I have noticed, but now I can see the importance of them. I am looking forward to the more advanced lessons you have in mind for the future.
Aug 15, 2013, 09:56 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzel-Dazzel
Michael,
The basic things that you are covering are very helpful, it explains things that I have noticed, but now I can see the importance of them. I am looking forward to the more advanced lessons you have in mind for the future.
Yes... The funny thing is There is so much detailed setup refinements and tweaks I would love to discuss. I take a lot of time making my planes as close to perfect as possible with mixes and mechanical settings. It is just that one out of 2000 pilots give a crap! LOL
Aug 15, 2013, 10:50 PM
They call me Dan
I give a crap a lot more than I did... let's say 5 months ago. As I become a better 3d pilot, all the little set up tricks are going off like light bulbs! Thanks Michael for giving back to the sport like you are. We could all take a page out of your book.......
Aug 15, 2013, 10:58 PM
PA Team Pilot
They accidentally posted the wrong edit the first time and reposted this one...
Aug 16, 2013, 01:11 AM
Adelaide South Australia
Awesome thread!!

Would love to see how you set up your Addiction X!!! Just putting one together now and would really appreciate your professional insight.. Cheers mate.
Last edited by Cloudbouncer; Aug 16, 2013 at 02:56 AM.

Quick Reply