View Poll Results: Following our 3D thread- Whats your age?
Under 18 87 4.09%
19-25 100 4.70%
26-35 300 14.11%
36-45 431 20.27%
45-55 461 21.68%
54-65 480 22.58%
65+ 267 12.56%
Voters: 2126. You may not vote on this poll

Aug 07, 2013, 06:44 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
Darn it. No I didn't cover it. I will put that on my list of things to address in some supplemental vids... Thanks for the input!!!!!!
....So DVD bonus material then?
to remove ads between posts
Aug 07, 2013, 08:05 AM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhan.nasir
I often see you hover your small 3d planes without any tx input. How do you do that? Adjust thrust angle?
I do not hover without input. It is just the better you get, the smaller the adjustments you make. They start out more dramatic, then you start getting good at anticipation. Then you can just relax and the adjustments get smaller. It is like balancing a baseball bat on your finger. If the adjustments are wide it is difficult to center, but once you get it, you really never stop making small adjustments.
Aug 07, 2013, 08:15 AM
Quote:
I do not hover without input. It is just the better you get, the smaller the adjustments you make. They start out more dramatic, then you start getting good at anticipation. Then you can just relax and the adjustments get smaller. It is like balancing a baseball bat on your finger. If the adjustments are wide it is difficult to center, but once you get it, you really never stop making small adjustments.
AWESOME ANSWER>>>> This stuff is what the video should be about... Great information!
Aug 07, 2013, 08:31 AM
Great first video. I'm one of those guys setting up my servos the wrong way evidently Interested in the thrust angle you mentioned in the video.
Aug 08, 2013, 12:26 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100
Thanks. I think with your skill set you could 3D a motorized pair of socks.
This was a post today on another thread... Then they found a video showing it can be done!!!! Funny as hell...

Dirty Old Sock Parkflyer (0 min 31 sec)
Aug 08, 2013, 09:30 PM
That's funny !
Aug 08, 2013, 09:59 PM
Thread OP
In the first installment video, in the background is a blocky shaped car with a edf unit on it...can you fly that one too?

Serious question now...sometimes i've seen, especially when a giant scale plane is involved, there will be a guy standing behind the pilot. What is this caller/spotter guy doing to help the pilot, reminding him not to crash?
Aug 08, 2013, 11:42 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh
In the first installment video, in the background is a blocky shaped car with a edf unit on it...can you fly that one too?

Serious question now...sometimes i've seen, especially when a giant scale plane is involved, there will be a guy standing behind the pilot. What is this caller/spotter guy doing to help the pilot, reminding him not to crash?
No... Just a spotter of a friend for me. Usually to warn if someone is near. IN large shows, they are required when many planes are in the air simultaneously.
Aug 09, 2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh

A spotter's job is to tell the pilot where planes are in relation to their plane, make sure they are aware when somebody is on the field or runway, and tell the pilot when somebody is taking off/landing. Some people like to spot and let you know where everybody else is(for example: One guy twice your altitude to the right, one guy torque rolling over the runway, be aware of the guy toyour left, etc), and some will have you say what you want to do(Am I clear to do a ke pass down the runway?). A good spotter will also tell you where to go when somebody is else converging on you, so you can move out of their way without getting in somebody else's way. It's also nice to have them call landings, as they can look over as they call it and confirm that the other spotters heard the call. It's the only way you can get 6 or more planes in the air, and not need to worry about a mid air(except for very rare occasions)
Aug 09, 2013, 07:53 AM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart95
A spotter's job is to tell the pilot where planes are in relation to their plane, make sure they are aware when somebody is on the field or runway, and tell the pilot when somebody is taking off/landing. Some people like to spot and let you know where everybody else is(for example: One guy twice your altitude to the right, one guy torque rolling over the runway, be aware of the guy toyour left, etc), and some will have you say what you want to do(Am I clear to do a ke pass down the runway?). A good spotter will also tell you where to go when somebody is else converging on you, so you can move out of their way without getting in somebody else's way. It's also nice to have them call landings, as they can look over as they call it and confirm that the other spotters heard the call. It's the only way you can get 6 or more planes in the air, and not need to worry about a mid air(except for very rare occasions)
Great Answer....
Aug 09, 2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Great Answer....
Thanks! Just watched the video, very well done, I'm impressed, specifically the visual aid for the servos. I'm moving in a few weeks and my dad normally does the servo setup for me, and now I won't have my dad around to help. Knowing myself I'd have just stuck it on the farthest hole thinking more throw, so that visualization was nice to understand the mechanics behind what I'm trying to do,and with the amount of servos I've burnt up on the little planes, doing that would have been costly!
Aug 09, 2013, 10:49 PM
I learned something from the first video, so nice job (I now have a clearer understanding of how leverage and throw range interact). In future videos it would be very useful to have a close-up of your fingers on the sticks superimposed in the corner. Also, playing back in slo-mo (but with real time explanation) would be awesome. It gives you three times as long to explain what's happening and us three times longer to process and understand.

From what you've said the flight modes are beyond the scope of this series but it would be great to someday see a video showing the different setups and how they change the control surface responses. Then seeing a routine where changes in mode are identified.

Thanks again for the nice work. This video series definitely gives a powerful boost to HobbyKing's brand awareness and brand appeal. It's a smart ROI per dollar as it's convinced me to buy a plane I wasn't considering.
Aug 09, 2013, 11:53 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markran
I learned something from the first video, so nice job (I now have a clearer understanding of how leverage and throw range interact). In future videos it would be very useful to have a close-up of your fingers on the sticks superimposed in the corner. Also, playing back in slo-mo (but with real time explanation) would be awesome. It gives you three times as long to explain what's happening and us three times longer to process and understand.

From what you've said the flight modes are beyond the scope of this series but it would be great to someday see a video showing the different setups and how they change the control surface responses. Then seeing a routine where changes in mode are identified.

Thanks again for the nice work. This video series definitely gives a powerful boost to HobbyKing's brand awareness and brand appeal. It's a smart ROI per dollar as it's convinced me to buy a plane I wasn't considering.
There are a couple of guides I wrote that explains everything. They will be up on the site in an easier place to find soon. THey are on the hk site actually...

IT explains how I use the rates. I will try to do a supplemental video to show some of the programming stuff you guys are requesting... Thanks a ton for your comments...
Aug 10, 2013, 07:49 PM
Quote:
here they are...
Excellent write-ups, thanks for sharing!

Bill

Quick Reply