View Poll Results: Following our 3D thread- Whats your age?
Under 18 79 4.45%
19-25 92 5.19%
26-35 262 14.77%
36-45 381 21.48%
45-55 385 21.70%
54-65 378 21.31%
65+ 197 11.10%
Voters: 1774. You may not vote on this poll

This thread is privately moderated by kohersh, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Aug 04, 2013, 06:03 PM
Subscribed....

So will you be showing a different HK 3D plane in each video? Will you take requests on a certain bird? Would like to see the HK Extra 260 as I just bought one and don't believe it can 3D out of the box. Please prove me wrong
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2013, 06:09 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico0273
Subscribed....

So will you be showing a different HK 3D plane in each video? Will you take requests on a certain bird? Would like to see the HK Extra 260 as I just bought one and don't believe it can 3D out of the box. Please prove me wrong
Actually, this video series is just about learning setup and rudimentary maneuvers to help learn 3d.

Aside from this, I will be taking all the planes they send and doing 3d videos as always.
Aug 04, 2013, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
Actually, this video series is just about learning setup and rudimentary maneuvers to help learn 3d.

Aside from this, I will be taking all the planes they send and doing 3d videos as always.
Oh ok, looking foreword to the videos. The Rolling Harrier still eludes me
Aug 05, 2013, 07:54 AM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by enrico0273
Oh ok, looking foreword to the videos. The Rolling Harrier still eludes me

I covered it in the video...
Aug 05, 2013, 10:46 AM
This looks awesome!
Aug 05, 2013, 10:56 AM
I'd really like a dvd too...
Aug 06, 2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
1st, Thanks for starting the thread.

The answer is I use 3,4 and 5 rates depending on the plane. My hard tumbling balsa 3d planes I use 4 or 5. Some have 2 high rates. 3d rates and slightly reduced throws from full because occaisionally the ailerons are superfast and keep the rolling harriers from slowing down. or elevator sometimes have 60 degrees and that makes them erratic, so I set that to 40 or 45.

I also use a precision rate and a snap rate as well. a snap rate is just what it says. It uses low rates (suitable for a snap roll) and fast ailerons.

I do switch a lot during the flights. Usually between snap and 3d or snap 3d and tumbling with high energy planes with super fast ailerons and 60 degree elevators.

Thank you

Looking forward to see you speaking more then flying ...

3 to 5 rates ... can we do it on a turnigy radio

ps: what about using gyro system on 3d plane for fly as profy being just below average ?
Aug 06, 2013, 10:42 PM
Nasir Khan
please give info on motor thrust angle toooo.
Aug 06, 2013, 11:09 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by subhan.nasir
please give info on motor thrust angle toooo.
What info do you want on thrust angle....?
Aug 06, 2013, 11:10 PM
PA Team Pilot
EPISODE 1

1 2 3D with Michael Wargo - Episode 1 "The Planes" (12 min 37 sec)
Aug 06, 2013, 11:20 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_lm_70
Thank you

Looking forward to see you speaking more then flying ...

3 to 5 rates ... can we do it on a turnigy radio

ps: what about using gyro system on 3d plane for fly as profy being just below average ?
I really don't see any need for anyone to use a gyro... The new 3 axis systems that are even marketed as such help in very limited ways, they limit and do strange things to the surfaces and provide a crutch keeping you from doing it yourself. I flew the new eflight one for someone, and the only way I could do rolling harriers was to turn it off. It was a horrible 3d plane until I turned it off... What it did do was stabalize the hover and the harrier. I would just learn to do it the old fashioned way. don't take away your sense of accomplishment. Even if it is like training wheels on a bike, it doesn;t feel like riding it all by yourself...
Aug 06, 2013, 11:34 PM
Thread OP
Just watched episode 1 and it was right up the direction i was hoping it would go with servo setup. Please keep it coming!
Also, looks like it was about as perfect a day to fly the depron galaxy outside as you could ask for huh?

Will you be able to address centering and sub trim as it relates to assuring equal travel at the end points?
Aug 06, 2013, 11:42 PM
PA Team Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohersh
Just watched episode 1 and it was right up the direction i was hoping it would go with servo setup. Please keep it coming!
Also, looks like it was about as perfect a day to fly the depron galaxy outside as you could ask for huh?

Will you be able to address centering and sub trim as it relates to assuring equal travel at the end points?
Darn it. No I didn't cover it. I will put that on my list of things to address in some supplemental vids... Thanks for the input!!!!!!

The wind was down, but more than it looked. That flying at the end was the first flight I made and it was the maiden trim flight. We did a lot of cool flying, and this was kind of just testing the plane and trimming it.
Aug 07, 2013, 01:09 AM
Quote:
I really don't see any need for anyone to use a gyro... The new 3 axis systems that are even marketed as such help in very limited ways, they limit and do strange things to the surfaces and provide a crutch keeping you from doing it yourself. I flew the new eflight one for someone, and the only way I could do rolling harriers was to turn it off. It was a horrible 3d plane until I turned it off... What it did do was stabalize the hover and the harrier. I would just learn to do it the old fashioned way. don't take away your sense of accomplishment. Even if it is like training wheels on a bike, it doesn;t feel like riding it all by yourself...
Thanks,

Excellent comparison ... 3d gyro, like training wheels will not make you fall down, but as well they will prevent to fully learn too

Good video ... looking forward for more

BTW .. if they will use you as consultant for design 3d gyros for airplane .... I'm sure they will not be horrible ... I think these, due to the cost (7$ is cpu+gyro+acc sensors) can help a lot, especially for anti-panic button end un-trim maidend ... anyhow ... end off topic on it ... please teach us the traditional 3d flying secrets
Last edited by e_lm_70; Aug 07, 2013 at 01:14 AM.
Aug 07, 2013, 06:16 AM
Nasir Khan
Quote:
What info do you want on thrust angle....?
I often see you hover your small 3d planes without any tx input. How do you do that? Adjust thrust angle?

Quick Reply