to remove ads between posts
May 28, 2019, 08:06 PM
bps
bps
Finished and ready to fly. Weighs in at 16.8 ounces with a 7.4 volt 1A battery and all the modifications I made. Dual aileron servos and adhesive vinyl covering for the white and orange paint trim.

Motor draws 9 amps at full throttle so that should give some descent flight times. I just cant wait to do the maiden but it will be a few weeks before I can do any flying at all. Life is definitely in the way of fun.
Jun 03, 2019, 02:12 PM
RC 4 Life
Thread OP
I really think you don't have to worry about power
Mine is fast enough with the smaller set up but your wing loading should not make it a rocket .
Get it in the air and trimmed then start throttling back.
You will find that the landing speed is easy to manage.
Given your landing gear upgrade you shouldn't have any problems.
Jul 06, 2019, 09:09 PM
bps
bps
Quote:
Originally Posted by bps
Finished and ready to fly. Weighs in at 16.8 ounces with a 7.4 volt 1A battery and all the modifications I made. Dual aileron servos and adhesive vinyl covering for the white and orange paint trim.

Motor draws 9 amps at full throttle so that should give some descent flight times. I just can’t wait to do the maiden but it will be a few weeks before I can do any flying at all. Life is definitely in the way of fun.
Plane flew great! Very minor trim adjustment on aileron and that’s it. Mine flys great and gets 5 min from a two cell 1A pc using mixed throttle settings. Winds were 3 to 5 and this little plane handles that breeze just fin.

Currently I am working on the Cartoon P40.
Last edited by bps; Jul 09, 2019 at 07:17 PM.
Jul 09, 2019, 05:41 PM
RC 4 Life
Thread OP
Aside from flying on two cells your first flight went allot like mine.
Glad you like this little bird.

Quick Reply