Need bulletproof FPV and RTH quad setup - apm2.5 or Wookong? - RC Groups
Jul 31, 2013, 02:26 PM
Help!

Need bulletproof FPV and RTH quad setup - apm2.5 or Wookong?

Hi all - what a great forum!!!

I'm fairly new to quads but not to RC (trucks).

I have VERY poor sight and am therefore selling my son's ar drone (with his permission!) so that we can upgrade to a reliable quad with excellent FPV - so that both of us can fly it :-)

I figure a key component for the safety of others (and my investment!) is a very reliable flight control system followed by a great fpv setup - ideally total reliability over a 1km range with bulletproof fpv signal and RTH functionality.

I'm not loaded, but willing to take my time and save to get it right - so I'm basically looking for advice for my specific requirements on dji vs RCTimer. NB I'm UK based so don't have the choice of some of you guys state side!

So, Wookong M or apm2.5 (or 2.5.2)?
Was thinking of fat shark as the obvious choice for fpv - goggles AND monitor so my son can watch too - and running at 600?
I have a DX8 so guessing ar8000 is the obvious choice for reliability there?
Running a GoPro3 - thinking about the RCTimer brushless gimbel - wise?

Frame - looking at F450v2 as opposed to dji 450 - making sure its not one of the overly flexible ones. Sensible?
Would also like a landing skid - any recommendations?

What motors and ESCs should I use?

Assume lipos and charger etc.

Anything else I need to be thinking about or obvious stuff I've missed?

So many thanks,
Sword77
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply