Aug 16, 2013, 09:40 AM
Closed Account
Last edited by ClosedAccount; Jun 16, 2014 at 10:52 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2013, 09:40 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagate View Post
......anyway the 9ch radio is $268 if you add 50% that is $400 the price of DX9 with 80's monochrome LCD screen
1. That's 50% more than was indicated in your post.

2. Is it actually available here, at that price?

3. Got a link?

Aug 16, 2013, 09:43 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you View Post
How does the color show up in the bright sunlight seagate? This has always been my issue.
like any other gadget....

Last edited by seagate; Aug 16, 2013 at 10:22 AM.
Aug 16, 2013, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
i love when i see a brand new account made just to attack manufacturers. So...who do you work for? I honestly couldn't care less whether it was made in china or taiwan.
Yup!

Aug 16, 2013, 09:46 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserium View Post
He doesn't appear to know, either.
You need to ask him first. Now is a good time as he is on-line as well.
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflyingguy View Post
Does it really matter. I rather have it made in the USA but not going to overly worry about it.
It does matter due to the quality of the manufacturing base in a given location. If it didn't, every Spektrum radio would be made in the same location based on cost alone. There's a reason the QQ was made in Taiwan and not China. The unwillingness to answer from the person in-the-know here is quite telling in its own right.
Closed Account
Quote:
So like crap - check why do I want color again?

You might want to post a pic from the flight line OUT IN THE SUN instead of an indoor pic by a window. Just sayin'
Aug 16, 2013, 09:48 AM
Closed Account
Aug 16, 2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by {}{steve}{} View Post
Has nothing to do with it being a "gadget" and everything to do with what type of screen technology they use. Some LCDs are visible in sunlight and some are very difficult to read.
I would say MOST are difficult to read. My iPhone, my iPad, my laptop, wifes Kindle etc. Color is generally hard in the sun, period.

I don't want one on my TX until that is overcome. Then feel free to light me up.

Mike
Aug 16, 2013, 09:53 AM
Need More PURPLE !!
LMAO.... Laserium your so busted... Or is this just to Ironic..ha ha

Stubbs post from runryder

stubbs
Senior Heliman
Tuscon, AZ

Anyone know where the DX9 is made? Spektrum has different tiers of manufacturing locations. Everything up to the DX8 (including the DX8) in China. The DX18 is made in Malaysia and the DX18QQ is made in Taiwan. The DX9 appears to be a child of all three. Based on the DX8 case and appearance, it's probably China. It's the cheapest solution for them anyway so, given their history, that makes the most sense.
Aug 16, 2013, 09:53 AM
Suspended Account
Don't know who you are so, ignore!
Aug 16, 2013, 09:54 AM
Quote:
FWIW, I have some experience in this area.....and it looks like that photo was enhanced to brighten the color on the panel (increased saturation).

VERY easy to do................

BTW, Seagate - what about the questions that I asked you, above?

Aug 16, 2013, 09:54 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserium View Post
There's a reason the QQ was made in Taiwan and not China.
I have heard only spektrum servos are made in Taiwan by other companies
Aug 16, 2013, 09:55 AM
I couldn't care less where it's made as long as it works satisfactorily. If it were made 100%, including all the parts, in the U.S. nobody would be able to afford it.

Gord.

Quick Reply