Nov 18, 2013, 01:00 PM
my mental eXcape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PropsnWings View Post
I use that case for both my DX18 and DX9. Works fine. (Both are hard tipped) I believe the 18 is just a tad taller too.
At your service WITH photos! I'm impressed! Thanks guys! It's a click away from shipping!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 18, 2013, 01:02 PM
my mental eXcape!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Those spek cases look cool and all, but that is boat load of cash for a case. These work and have been a std for 20+ years. I have one at least that old. Not a standup, but not sure why I would need or want a standup.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLJ6&P=7
I have cases like that too. Yes, they are a bargain by comparison in price. However, I prefer a standup case that will fit two RX's with the optional foam insert (out of stock). It's worth the extra $40 to me.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:04 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliGriff View Post
Thanks! I'll order the case immediately!

Thanks also for the beta info of the list. This gives us something to look forward to as I'm sure there will be enhancements.
Since I don't work for spektrum this is only my 0.02$ cnd so 0.01$ usd.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:05 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjs View Post
Those spek cases look cool and all, but that is boat load of cash for a case. These work and have been a std for 20+ years. I have one at least that old. Not a standup, but not sure why I would need or want a standup.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXXLJ6&P=7
Each to their own, but mine holds both my radios, and it's a very solid protective case. Sure I've used even the harbor freight cases ( looks just like that one you linked for half the price) but they just are not the quality of the Spektrum case...plus the Spektrum case is just way cooler!

I will never quite understand protecting a radio in a $20-30 tool case, not designed to protect delicate expensive electronics. Just my .02 worth
Nov 18, 2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
I have cases like that too. Yes, they are a bargain by comparison in price. However, I prefer a standup case that will fit two RX's with the optional foam insert (out of stock). It's worth the extra $40 to me.
That style case will also fit two TX.

Quote:
Each to their own, <snip> but they just are not the quality of the Spektrum case...plus the Spektrum case is just way cooler!

I will never quite understand protecting a radio in a $20-30 tool case, not designed to protect delicate expensive electronics. Just my .02 worth
Some buy cheap receivers and some buy cheap cases.

My case ISN'T to protect, it's just to carry. I take care of my TX like my children.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:10 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post

My case ISN'T to protect, it's just to carry. I take care of my TX like my children.
Doesn't that carry them upside down? Possibly exerting forces on the antennas? Just curious.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:11 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Exactly what I got. Grabbed on sale for about 25 beans. Lots of room so there is thick cushion all around the radios. (9 and 18)
Nov 18, 2013, 01:13 PM
Nope, the sides and top foam cushion the TX so they don't move.

The only time they are in fact upside down is when they are in the back of my driver seat while going to field. MOst of the time it's laid flat and open cause I'm using my TX and that is quite often.

3yrs (DX8) having it placed as such and never a single issue PLUS it helps when I need to check out something when helping a fellow RCG member and I don't have to take it out.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:14 PM
my mental eXcape!

On a positive note

On a positive note.. I lost my 600 in the forest for three week last year. I bought Telemetry and GPS for one reason only, a "lost heli" device. This system works great! I've tested it using my cell phone's Google Maps and it definitely walks me right to the heli, every time! So, all the features that the GPS and DX9 offer over-and-above the ability to track a downed bird are simply "bonuses" for me! Sure, I want more features too but, I'm content for now just being able to find the darned thing.

Okay.. I'm done now. Back to work!
Nov 18, 2013, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Exactly what I got. Grabbed on sale for about 25 beans. Lots of room so there is thick cushion all around the radios. (9 and 18)
Just grabbed another one last night at Canadian Tire for 34$ for my surface radios.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:17 PM
wjs
wjs
William
Quote:
Each to their own, but mine holds both my radios, and it's a very solid protective case. Sure I've used even the harbor freight cases ( looks just like that one you linked for half the price) but they just are not the quality of the Spektrum case...plus the Spektrum case is just way cooler!

The case I linked to is very well designed and well made. Can fit two transmitters as someone else showed. Not a HF case. I got stuck with a cheap case from Common Sense, made out of tin foil or something. This case not like that.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:19 PM
my mental eXcape!
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Doesn't that carry them upside down? Possibly exerting forces on the antennas? Just curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
Quote:
Nope, the sides and top foam cushion the TX so they don't move.

The only time they are in fact upside down is when they are in the back of my driver seat while going to field. MOst of the time it's laid flat and open cause I'm using my TX and that is quite often.

3yrs (DX8) having it placed as such and never a single issue PLUS it helps when I need to check out something when helping a fellow RCG member and I don't have to take it out.
All very nice. I think the point is, put the TX in a case (whatever the design) and it will last longer.

TIP: The upside-down issue can easily be solved by picking up some "charcoal case foam" from Active Foam in Chicago. I make my own inserts using a foam cutter (or an electric carving knife). The foam is available in egg-carton or plain and can be purchased in various density/firmness. If they won't sell to you direct, contact me. I have an account there.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:21 PM
Quote:
<snip> I bought Telemetry and GPS for one reason only, a "lost heli" device. This system works great! I've tested it using my cell phone's Google Maps and it definitely walks me right to the heli, every time! <snip>
I had a fun adventure at the start of the year with losing something that was supposed to be securely attached to my hexacopter.

Spektrum GPS telemetry showed the device flying over a certain area which was the only place I could not physically go look for it myself.

3 months later my lost item was found and returned to me, when I asked where they found it it was exactly where The STI app showed the logged flight and where I assumed it was cause I couldn't find it and that was the only place I couldn't go.

Had I been able to go look for it I would of found it using the STI app and GPS Telemetry logging.

If you're interested here is the story about it.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:21 PM
wjs
wjs
William
Quote:
You can also arrange the radios different so when carrying they are right side up.
Nov 18, 2013, 01:31 PM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Quote:
Dear Spektrum,

We need an 11.5" inch tall Stand-Up Aluminum Carry Case for the DX9!

Thank you,

DX9 Owners
Not exactly what you are requesting, but I made a sweet case for my DX9, charger, and spare battery using an old Pelican case I used to use for photography.

Quick Reply