Aug 01, 2013, 08:17 AM
i was about say frsky taranis was my radio but just saw this come up in HH website i think may have hold off

rang few shops and all saying be end september before start arriving into shops
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2013, 08:53 AM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootenany
Looks like they priced it very nicely. Only $50 more than the DX8 (TX only) from Horizon. I figured they'd stick it in at the $500-$600 mark since there's nothing price-wise in between the $350 DX8 and $800 DX18. The DX10t is $1100.
I too was surprised it wasn't higher. Maybe the 8 will drop in price or maybe not....

My only concern now would be if I want to sell my DX8 to fund for this new radio I may not be able to get as much as I would have had the 9 been priced higher. Then again when it comes to RC's I like to keep all of them.
Aug 01, 2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
I see they left the SD card slot wide open and unprotected. Again.
Because we have a huge number of DX7s's and DX8's in the field and only 2 SD card module failures in 3 years. I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about.

We use feedback from Service to help design improvements for each generation. The easily-accessible SD card is a HUGE benefit for guys like me, who are constantly moving telemetry data files on and off.

Andy
Aug 01, 2013, 08:56 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Because we have a huge number of DX7s's and DX8's in the field and only 2 SD card module failures in 3 years. I'm pretty sure you don't have anything to worry about.

Andy
Except getting dust and lint on the underside of the left side of the screen and having to crack it open to blow it out.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:00 AM
Quote:
... The easily-accessible SD card is a HUGE benefit for guys like me, who are constantly moving telemetry data files on and off. Andy
+1, I think I might even venture and say it's the only thing that bugged me on my 18.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:01 AM
It's far more convenient for users (see, several have already said that), and it does not cause failures (important to keeping our price low). If you want to keep it clean, leave a card in it!

Andy
Aug 01, 2013, 09:02 AM
I've used a DX8 an average of around 16 flights/day, 250 days/year since the day it became available. I've cleaned it (externally) several times but never seen any dust in the display. I leave the SD card inside 99.9% of the time.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:02 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
It's far more convenient for users (see, several have already said that), and it does not cause failures (important to keeping our price low). If you want to keep it clean, leave a card in it!

Andy
That still doesn't prevent you from getting lint up under the faceplate on the left side (SD slot side) of the screen. I'm not the only one this has happened to, either.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:04 AM
7.62x51
Quote:
Except getting dust and lint on the underside of the left side of the screen and having to crack it open to blow it out.
I have never read or heard about getting dust/lint behind the screen on the DX8. If the SD card was located in the batt. compartment, people would whine about that too.

I also found it funny that people already KNEW it didn't have sliders. Wow, as soon as a new product is announced, every dang user on RCG becomes a Spektrum employee.
Aug 01, 2013, 09:07 AM
7.62x51
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagate
I know nothing about crap products from spektrum I only know the new Graupner radios will be available before end August...
This post is a fine example of trolling. It should be deleted. It has no valid reason to be in a thread about a new radio from Spektrum.
Last edited by ElIntocable; Aug 01, 2013 at 11:09 AM.
Aug 01, 2013, 10:07 AM
Just got off the phone with LHS and got one on order.
Aug 01, 2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable
This post is a fine example of trolling. It should be deleted. It has no valid reason to be in a thread about a new radio from Spektrum.
So now that you have reported it - your post is the only one with the pic in it. You might want to edit your own now...
Aug 01, 2013, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem
aaaahhh....what to do 18 is on the way now if not sure i will go for DX9 i like the new look of DX9 very much....very good job Spektrum
Aug 01, 2013, 10:58 AM
Suspended Account
400 U$ is the price of Tx only ?
Aug 01, 2013, 11:47 AM
i think not bad for the price because went i buy my DX8 tx only it around that price to

Quick Reply