Nov 18, 2019, 10:42 PM
Thank you for the help Andy. It is greatly appreciated. The first card I used just didn't work, but the other card I used worked fine. Thanks again for your help. Well, I must say that it was pretty painless. Pop it in, turn it on, and watch the screen go across many times quickly, then it just went back to my last selected model!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 19, 2019, 01:17 AM
jofro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
The difference is the length of the coax feeder to the antenna. Period.

The active antenna is about 31mm at the tip. This is the same as is used in most of our products. The difference is the length of the gray portion between receiver and the end of that 31mm tip.

If you remove the end of the antenna, you will have NO antenna. The antenna is only the tip, the part you're talking about cutting off!!!!

Andy
Thanks Mate, definitely not going to snap it off now! Cheers.
Nov 19, 2019, 01:29 AM
Grumpa Tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kambalunga
Go to the telemetry menue.
In the telemetry menu down right. Click on Recording. Under Recording, then enter a name for the TLM file. Select start mode. I use throttle stick and over 10%. Once off. Activated yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
No issues using it with other stuff on the card
Quote:
Yeah, that was a gem that just popped into my mind while I was writing it.

Telemetry, File Settings. I use the same switch as I have for Throttle Cut to activate it, but in the opposite position. That way, as long as my motor is usable, I'm recording the data. When I land and kill the motor, I don't need to log it any more.

No need to be empty, BUT if you are storing data for a long time, it really helps to start with an empty card. This is so that the file system doesn't need to jump back and forth when the file is growing. If you have a bunch of files already on the card, or if you've deleted files, then the directory gets scrambled. If you start with a freshly-formatted card, it works much better.

Telemetry data will be dropped if it can't write it to the card fast enough.

Andy
Thanks fella's!
Nov 19, 2019, 09:12 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW222
Thank you for the help Andy. It is greatly appreciated. The first card I used just didn't work, but the other card I used worked fine. Thanks again for your help. Well, I must say that it was pretty painless. Pop it in, turn it on, and watch the screen go across many times quickly, then it just went back to my last selected model!
All that anxiety to waste eh? It's a pretty painless process
Nov 19, 2019, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW222
Ok. So I formatted my SD card to FAT. I installed the card in my Tx. Powered it up. Now the screen is blank with the light on. Nothing is happening. Help please.
Did you download an update on it? You must have that on your card and then when you put in the card and turn on your transmitter it automatically will start the update.
Nov 19, 2019, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
All that anxiety to waste eh? It's a pretty painless process
Well, actually, I've found worry to be quite effective. Over 95% of what I worry about never happens, so I consider that a 95% success rate.

That's good enough for a A in most schools.

(And for some modern classrooms, an A+ with a smiley face bonus!)

Andy
Nov 19, 2019, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Well, actually, I've found worry to be quite effective. Over 95% of what I worry about never happens, so I consider that a 95% success rate.

That's good enough for a A in most schools.

(And for some modern classrooms, an A+ with a smiley face bonus!)

Andy
Without a scratch & sniff sticker, it's a failure. No debate.
Nov 19, 2019, 10:55 AM
If I worry about it and it happens I was ready. If I worry and it does not happen I no longer worry. That is until the next thing comes up. I am never surprised when something happens so the shock is lessened. The only problem is I smile less than a non worrier.
Nov 19, 2019, 03:48 PM
Does anyone know whether the new AR 620 rx can already be upgraded with the Smart Firmware on the Spektrum site?
Nov 19, 2019, 03:52 PM
How big of an SD card do I need to download updates on a new DX9?
Nov 19, 2019, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnahmia
Does anyone know whether the new AR 620 rx can already be upgraded with the Smart Firmware on the Spektrum site?
That's why it's on the website.

Andy
Nov 19, 2019, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesbaron
How big of an SD card do I need to download updates on a new DX9?
The file is about 3 meg. That's all the free space you need on it.

If you have more questions about the SD cards, download the "how to" PDF from the download page.

Andy
Nov 19, 2019, 05:51 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnahmia
I know.
Nov 20, 2019, 12:01 AM
ancora imparo
Andy sorry this is OT for this thread but I cannot find the info elsewhere.

How do I update my AR620 with this firmware?
If I try and register the AR620 on the "My Spektrum" site by using the "Spektrum Airware Receiver Updates" link to get access to the correct download, I am required to enter a Serial Number. Simple for my transmitters but I can't see a serial number in the required format on the AR620 case.

Thanks
John
Quote:
That's why it's on the website.

Andy
Nov 20, 2019, 12:05 AM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Andy sorry this is OT for this thread but I cannot find the info elsewhere.

How do I update my AR620 with this firmware?
If I try and register the AR620 on the "My Spektrum" site by using the "Spektrum Airware Receiver Updates" link to get access to the correct download, I am required to enter a Serial Number. Simple for my transmitters but I can't see a serial number in the required format on the AR620 case.

Thanks
John
You need the programming cable, if you do not have it. The serial is not printed on the outside of the Rx.

How to Update Compatible Spektrum Receivers for Smart ESC Support - Spektrum Smart Technology (8 min 36 sec)

Quick Reply