Sep 21, 2019, 05:01 AM
Andy can you give an estimate of this receiver?

Ken
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2019, 05:36 AM
As long as the rx/antennas have a clear LOS to the radio then range will be further than you can see the plane.

My 410 is shoved in the nose of my dlg with 4 metal cases servos and the battery and I can fly it out to the limit of my vision chasing lift. I feel my set up is pushing the limits of the rx yet i still have 100% trust in it. YMMV.

They are pretty inexpensive so all you can do it buy one and do your own extensive range checks to prove to yourself it works and you’re fully happy to fly it in your own particular set up.

Although this discussion ideally needs to be in the rx thread.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Sep 21, 2019 at 05:43 AM.
Sep 21, 2019, 05:38 AM
ancora imparo
Obviously Andy will give proper info, but for what it is worth I have tested a large number of DSM2/DSMX receivers from Spektrum, Orange and Lemon under reasonably standardised conditions and the AR620 is the best performer for absolute range of anything I have ever tested. Testing done with a DX8e.

Someone told me that this is not just due to the new TI 2650 chip, which is much more modern than the old Cypress solution, but also the extremely efficient coupling of the labyrinth inverted F antenna on the PC board compared with the traditional wire antenna.

Just for info, with the Rx at a height of 2m in clear air I was still getting reliable control with the AR620 in Range Test mode at 270m over flat ground in dry conditions!

I was really impressed with this little "Sport" receiver.

John
Last edited by jj604; Sep 21, 2019 at 05:44 AM.
Sep 21, 2019, 05:53 AM
65 years of RC flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Just for info, with the Rx at a height of 2m in clear air I was still getting reliable control with the AR620 in Range Test mode at 270m over flat ground in dry conditions!
John
That’s compared with the Spektrum standard of 30m for reduced power Range Test mode! It’s very impressive performance indeed.

But as noted, this thread is supposed to be about Spektrum transmitters, not receivers.
Sep 21, 2019, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrden
Can you please explain what happened and why I got the system fault? I want to verify it is safe for me to fly.
As noted previously, your radio had a fault when saving a model. It stored an error code in the transmitter.

When it started up again, it checked the error code and went to that screen.

When you re-installed the update, it cleared the fault condition.

Andy
Sep 21, 2019, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Smith
Andy can you give an estimate of this receiver?
Would I use one? Absolutely. I haven't had a reason to buy one yet, but I have a plane that I'm designing for one. Hopefully this winter.

Would I put it 3" away from an ESC? NEVER!

Andy
Sep 21, 2019, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
As noted previously, your radio had a fault when saving a model. It stored an error code in the transmitter.

When it started up again, it checked the error code and went to that screen.

When you re-installed the update, it cleared the fault condition.

Andy
I appreciate the help. Thank you!
Sep 21, 2019, 09:08 AM
Cannot export planes with ispm suffix from my iX12 to my DX 9. When the SDcard is put into the DX9 and I go to import models no models are shown. Seems like this worked for me before. All I get is BACK and Android something or other? What did I do wrong? Thanks.
Sep 21, 2019, 09:45 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
You cant go that way

There might be a converter but the iX will import SPM but the DX have no knowledge of ispm files so they are treated like pictures or text or anything other than SPM that might be on that card
Sep 21, 2019, 10:52 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
You can save your model files in two formats on the iX12, .iSPM and .SPM. Bring up the export menu and there is a dropdown to choose either format and choose .SPM. They should then be able to be imported to the DX9. Hope this helps.

Don
Sep 21, 2019, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Would I use one? Absolutely. I haven't had a reason to buy one yet, but I have a plane that I'm designing for one. Hopefully this winter.

Would I put it 3" away from an ESC? NEVER!

Andy
Thanks to you & Mark

Ken
Sep 21, 2019, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
You cant go that way

There might be a converter but the iX will import SPM but the DX have no knowledge of ispm files so they are treated like pictures or text or anything other than SPM that might be on that card
The planes were saved "exported" from my iX12 in the ispm format to an SD card for a backup of my planes. I thought I could take the SD card of the saved planes from my iX12 and put it in my DX9 and export a model from the card into my transmitter . I know the planes from the iX12 was transported to the SD card in the ismp format but thought it could be exported top a DX9. I guess Iwas wrong.
Sep 21, 2019, 05:51 PM
Don't hate bro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Obviously Andy will give proper info, but for what it is worth I have tested a large number of DSM2/DSMX receivers from Spektrum, Orange and Lemon under reasonably standardised conditions and the AR620 is the best performer for absolute range of anything I have ever tested. Testing done with a DX8e.

Someone told me that this is not just due to the new TI 2650 chip, which is much more modern than the old Cypress solution, but also the extremely efficient coupling of the labyrinth inverted F antenna on the PC board compared with the traditional wire antenna.

I was really impressed with this little "Sport" receiver.

John
I can't remember who posted it, but recently I read that the new Spek receivers actually range checked better than the FrSky receiver(s) they were comparing them to. I don't understand tech stuff so I just figure its magic
Sep 21, 2019, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EChome
The planes were saved "exported" from my iX12 in the ispm format to an SD card for a backup of my planes. I thought I could take the SD card of the saved planes from my iX12 and put it in my DX9 and export a model from the card into my transmitter . I know the planes from the iX12 was transported to the SD card in the ismp format but thought it could be exported top a DX9. I guess Iwas wrong.

The iX12 now uses ispm as its format so sharing between iX series radios, yes you just transfer in this format. The DX series used .spm however the iX12 is backwards? Compatible however for it to work you must export the file from the iX12 as .spm it is there as a choice when you select ‘export’ I don’t have an iX12 anymore however this is the only way to do it.

Mike.
Sep 21, 2019, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksterr
The iX12 now uses ispm as its format so sharing between iX series radios, yes you just transfer in this format. The DX series used .spm however the iX12 is backwards? Compatible however for it to work you must export the file from the iX12 as .spm it is there as a choice when you select ‘export’ I don’t have an iX12 anymore however this is the only way to do it.

Mike.
I knew you have those export choices in the iX12. I just thought you could export a ispm plane to a DX9. I see I was wrong.

Quick Reply