Sep 15, 2019, 04:44 PM
Its not the signal from the tx..

Older servos were designed to work with control pulses that were about 5v peak. New, processor based receivers typically deliver a 3.3v pulse or thereabouts. Some older servos, electric retracts, etc may be marginal with 3.3v pulses.

The signal booster is basically a level shifter to increase pulse amplitude.

Years ago I scratch built a pulse width meter to display servo pulse width in microseconds. It used a cmos gate for an input buffer. CMOS typically switches at half the supply voltage. The first time i tried using the meter on a new rx output with a 2s life battery which was fully charged, it wouldnt read pulse widths because it was going to switch at 3.6v (half of the life 7.2v) and the pulses were only 3.3v. It works fine with a 4.8v supply.

I need to redo the input section to switch about 1.6v or so, instead of half of the supply voltage.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 16, 2019, 05:31 PM

Broken Switch "D" on DX9 Black Edition

Hey guys,

Unfortunately ended up breaking the 3 position "D" toggle switch on my DX9. I had it in a hard aluminium case and packed it securely in my suitcase all the way from Canada to Australia only to find out that I had a broken switch

Can someone please link me to the right switch? I think its a center off one. Something in my part of the world would be great or even on eBay.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Jacob
Sep 16, 2019, 05:47 PM

Call Modelflight-

Hi Jacob,

Modelflight Adelaide (O'Reilly's) are the distributor and will certainly help you out with the exact switch. Jaycar or similar places won't be the same length or look.

Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli
Hey guys,

Unfortunately ended up breaking the 3 position "D" toggle switch on my DX9. I had it in a hard aluminium case and packed it securely in my suitcase all the way from Canada to Australia only to find out that I had a broken switch

Can someone please link me to the right switch? I think its a center off one. Something in my part of the world would be great or even on eBay.

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Jacob
Sep 16, 2019, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by miksterr
Hi Jacob,

Modelflight Adelaide (O'Reilly's) are the distributor and will certainly help you out with the exact switch. Jaycar or similar places won't be the same length or look.

Mike.
Hi Mike,

I was thinking about Jaycar or Altronics & I think your right. I might try metro hobbies out if not then Modelflight.

Thanks for your help
Jake
Sep 16, 2019, 08:55 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Jacob
call your closest HH repair depot and get them to send you a replacement part.
They may not like the idea but be nice and convince them it is the cheapest way to do it.

Here it would cost me $50 to send my radio in for repair.

If you feel that you can not replace it, get your local radio expert to do it for you.
You could also get him to call HH with the part request in case he has a better rapport with HH.
Sep 16, 2019, 10:18 PM

HH Depot...

Hi, we are in Australia, there is 1 place, the one I mentioned.

They will happily do it however will be $20.00 AUD each way plus the part.

Jake, the Metro Hobbies idea is good as they will get from Modelflight in 4 days usually and not charge you the postage.

Mike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1
call your closest HH repair depot and get them to send you a replacement part.
They may not like the idea but be nice and convince them it is the cheapest way to do it.

Here it would cost me $50 to send my radio in for repair.

If you feel that you can not replace it, get your local radio expert to do it for you.
You could also get him to call HH with the part request in case he has a better rapport with HH.
Sep 17, 2019, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Hey guys,

Unfortunately ended up breaking the 3 position "D" toggle switch on my DX9.
This is where I get my DX9 replacement switches. They are direct drop-ins. The long round one (“D”) is here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3264...27424c4dEXgsRQ

The long flat one is here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3239...27424c4dEXgsRQ

I don’t know what the shipping would be to you. Maybe this will be of help to you.
Sep 17, 2019, 01:36 AM
ancora imparo

Switch supplier

As an alternative to Modelflight In Australia, these guys carry most FrSky spares, including the switches which fit the Spektrum transmitters.

https://www.nextfpv.com.au/pages/sea...taranis+switch
Not as cheap as Alibaba of course but very quick delivery if you are in a hurry.

Good mob to deal with also.

The usual local electronics industry suppliers like RS and Element14 have all these switches as well but may be difficult for a single small order by a non-industry customer.

John
Sep 17, 2019, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks for any help!

Regards,
Jacob
It is really hard to find the switch. Few years ago I broken one and that was PITA to find replacement. The switch number is NKK M2013Q4S1W01. https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...843-ND/1049960
Sep 17, 2019, 04:08 PM

Spektrum DX9 Replacement Switches

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ement-Switches
Last edited by eihoward; Sep 17, 2019 at 05:55 PM. Reason: correct link
Sep 17, 2019, 05:29 PM

Link is broken!!!
Sep 17, 2019, 05:38 PM
Always trying to learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by czorzella
Link is broken!!!

Yes, but just cut and paste the whole address and it works.
Sep 17, 2019, 08:59 PM
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy

How to program a thrust vectoring servo

I have a DX8 Gen 2 bound to a TechOne No Gravity. I have my thrust vectoring (TV) servo on channel 5 and am trying to create a mix with the rudder as the master and the TV servo as the slave. I'm also trying to have a switch so I can turn the TV mixing on/off. I have read the brief instructions repeatedly but have been totally unsuccessful. Can anyone enlighten me on how to do this? I simply don't understand the setting.

Thanks,
Tom
Sep 18, 2019, 01:53 AM
BMFA 190658
This should be very easy to accomplish. I suspect the problem may be the Transmitter is expecting "Gear" on ch5 as default. This can be altered in the channel assign menu but first I'd try a mix of Rudder to Gear with the appropriate switch selected for on/off.

Tony
Sep 18, 2019, 04:27 AM
DX9, says not registered however unable to do so...

I have just purchased a DX9 from a friend. This is unused, new in box. When turned off says the ‘Please register at Spektrum.com’

Firmware is 1.04 I think. Anyhow I have tried to register it to no avail as it says it is already registered which is confusing.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this?

Thank you,

Mike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick Reply