Aug 18, 2019, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman maslin
Hi
I have a DX8G2 just up dated it with the latest software, But I still cannot set the min or max flight pack voltage or lipo sel count in the transmitter it all ways says 5cel-17 volts max and 12 volts min. I have tried to change it but no luck, I am using a 3700 4cel 40c lipo in a wot4 but I would like transmitter to tell me when the battery is getting low I have a AR6600T receiver in the wot 4 and set up telementry. please can some shed some light on how to set voltages, thanks
Which sensor are you using? Did you use Auto Config? Can you export the model and attach the SPM file here? Exactly what difficulty are you experiencing?

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Aug 18, 2019, 09:52 AM
Hi Andy,
I am using the voltage sensor that came with the receiver. yes I used auto config and I get the right cel count and voltage but the min voltage stays the same at 10v which is far to low for a 4s lipo and when I change it to 15.8v for min I cannot save it . I will have a go tomorrow as I am planning to go flying to try it . I have the robo software installed so that I can see the results. I will let you know.

Norman
Aug 18, 2019, 10:29 AM
The "S" prompt is just for calculation. It is NOT saved. If you want different volt alarm, enter it manually. The voltage is the only value saved, not the S number.

When you turn off the TX, does it turn off immediately, or show bars shrink?

Andy
Aug 18, 2019, 10:49 AM
Thank you for your quick reply. ok I think I have it in my grey matter we will see tomorrow. yes the bars shrink before it turns off. not sure how to send attachments on here.

Norman
Aug 18, 2019, 11:37 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman maslin
Thank you for your quick reply. ok I think I have it in my grey matter we will see tomorrow. yes the bars shrink before it turns off. not sure how to send attachments on here.

Norman
Click advanced for file attach options
Aug 18, 2019, 02:14 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
I've got a DX8 G2 purchased from HorizonHobby.com on 5/2/19

Whenever I shut down the radio, a screen displays nagging me to register the radio at community.spektrumrc.com. I have to click the roller switch multiple times to dismiss this screen and actually get the radio to shut down (it will automatically power off after around 30 seconds, but I don't like to wait for it).

Is there a way to disable this screen? I've checked system settings and not found an option, but it's possible I missed it.

Oh, and I *have* registered the radio. Not that it makes any difference. Have not updated the firmware yet, it's running 2.0

Thanks,
Steve
Aug 18, 2019, 02:26 PM
AMA #937780
IF the radio "thinks" it's not registered, you may not be able to update it. If you can, you should.

G.
Aug 18, 2019, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp

Whenever I shut down the radio, a screen displays nagging me to register the radio at community.spektrumrc.com. I have to click the roller switch multiple times to dismiss this screen and actually get the radio to shut down (it will automatically power off after around 30 seconds, but I don't like to wait for it).

Is there a way to disable this screen? I've checked system settings and not found an option, but it's possible I missed it.

Oh, and I *have* registered the radio. Not that it makes any difference. Have not updated the firmware yet, it's running 2.0

Thanks,
Steve
Upgrade the firmware, it goes away!
Aug 19, 2019, 06:54 AM
Multi-Platform Pilot
Quote:

Thanks,
Steve
Yep, update the firmware. I think there's some magic number of power cycles that will make it go away but the best option is to update the radio, frankly, if you bothered to register it I don't see why you wouldn't have updated it already
Aug 19, 2019, 07:57 AM
Quote:

Thanks,
Steve
You need to install the update. The update is how the radio knows it's registered.

Andy
Aug 19, 2019, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by barracudahockey
Yep, update the firmware. I think there's some magic number of power cycles that will make it go away but the best option is to update the radio, frankly, if you bothered to register it I don't see why you wouldn't have updated it already
250 power cycles will do it too.

Andy
Aug 19, 2019, 08:22 AM
Hi everyone, hi Andy,
This is a message from France. My iOS Spektrum Programmer app (French version) is behaving real weird. Whenever I try to add a Mix, the proper "Mix 1" page appears but next second all value fields sort of zip off the screen, exiting quickly up and left. Then nothing works. Tried many times. Different models, open stock or Safe. Reloaded the App. Same behaviour. Of course Apple won't let me reach the US AppStore to load the latest US version of the Programmer App. Just a pity. Any clue anyone about solving the bug?!!
With many thanks,
Louis
Aug 19, 2019, 06:51 PM

Need Help Understanding Telemetry / Frame Losses / Holds

I hope I can get a bit better insight into the frame losses and telemetry on my last flight.

My plane SEEMS to fly well, but there are what seems to be a lot of frame losses. Am I right in that there are 1974 frame losses? (see image)

Should I be worried there are so many frame losses?

Also, the lowest A Level DBM and lowest B Level DBM are -80. Is that bad? is it ok?

You can view the TLM file here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xbnvc3f7xc...%20Ac.TLM?dl=0

What does the 3:33 mean (it appears after the 1974 and above the 20:41 is it for timer 1? (I have two timers set up. One is for throttle stick 25% with one-time set to INHIBIT , and the second is with throttle stick at 25% with one time set to active).

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by JustMark; Aug 19, 2019 at 07:14 PM.
Aug 19, 2019, 07:25 PM
1) Yes. But you have to know how long it took to accumulate them. Good thing you have the file, because using tlmviewer.com you can see when they occurred.

2) Yes. My guess is that you have it stuffed in with a bunch of wires around it.

3) No, -80dBm is just fine.

4) The timer is displayed there too. Go to the Timer menu to configure it.

BTW, you don't have to post the files on drop box. You can attach them to the posts here.

Andy
Aug 19, 2019, 07:35 PM
OK, so after looking at the file, I see that you had 1974 at the end of a 25 minute flight, and you started with 112, and that lasted for the first three minutes.

25 minutes of flying means 91 x 60 x 25 frames were sent (91 frames per second, time 60 seconds per minute, times 25 minutes) = 136,500 frames sent.

That's 1.3% failure rate over the full time. NOT A PROBLEM!

So now you look at the graph of the data to understand it better. It shows a roughly even diagonal from 3:00 to 19:57 (let's call it "20 minutes" for ease). That's the "real" duration of the flight. Since you started with 112, and end 19:57 with 1971, let's use that as our bounds instead (trying to make things look as bad as I possibly can).

That means (1971-112) / (91 x 60 x (20 - 3)) = 1859/92820 = 2%. Still WAY WITHIN the acceptable range.

And since it's an evenly-rising graph, we can assume that it's purely the installation.

And NOT A PROBLEM.

Go fly!

Andy

Quick Reply