Jul 22, 2019, 12:48 AM
ancora imparo
I'm sure it could, and it would work fine. And I appreciate the interest and suggestion.

But I already have a perfectly good working system without building another controller. While that is an interesting project it has to be designed and programmed. I'm not interested (this time) in an electronics project, I just wondered if there was a simple way to set up the DX8e to copy what the Taranis already does, so I could use a DSMX receiver.

If not, my PlanB is also simple. Use the Multimodule in my Taranis.

For info, the 50 Watt LEDs are nominally12-14V versions. They are just switched directly on and off a 3S LiPo using a 30A solid state receiver controlled switch. Some of these switches are not recommended for LEDs but the ones I got work fine. About 10g and 5 bucks. We have a few examples working in the club and they have proved completely reliable. Although rated at 50 Watts, the LEDs actually draw about 2A on a 3S. At 10% duty cycle that's an average of only 200mA and even using a couple you have an extremely bright location beacon at very modest consumption.

VERY visible on overcast days.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollrathd
I think that Arduino Nano could be interfaced between the receiver and your 50 Watt LED driver. It would have the three servo wires input, and two wires output to drive your LED driver. What is the signal input requirements of that LED driver?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2019, 03:00 AM
No bounce, No play.
It’s not viable to install one of the example .spm files from the other threads and tweak to your specific needs?
Jul 22, 2019, 03:11 AM
ancora imparo
Thanks, I'll look into that.
Wish I knew just a bit more about how sequencing logic works though.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
Itís not viable to install one of the example .spm files from the other threads and tweak to your specific needs?
Jul 22, 2019, 03:36 AM
No bounce, No play.
I would have trouble starting from scratch. Once I see it in action the jelly starts to form.
Jul 22, 2019, 05:04 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Andy, I think a few years ago you answered this question for a DX9 - but I could not find it.

I want to do this with my DX8e which has two sequencers and I think is capable. It's trivial in OpenTX but I'm finding sequencers harder to understand for this simple task. I have read Freechip's article on sequencers and there's a whole thread on strobing an LED but I found it fairly confusing.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...trobing-an-LED

Task: Have a channel that switches on (100%) for 0.1seconds and off (-100%) for 0.9 second. That is, a 10% duty cycle with a 1 Hz frequency.
The whole thing to be controlled by a 2 position switch which outputs either -100% (Off) or the 10% duty cycle pulse (Flash).

A 3 position switch with Off and two different flash rates would be nice but not essential.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
John
I have a .spm file clip in my blog for doing this:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...63&postcount=1

Uses a 3 position switch for off/flashing/on
Jul 22, 2019, 05:42 AM
ancora imparo
Many thanks, exactly what I was trying to do.
I have replied on your blog rather than clutter up this thread any more.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
I have a .spm file clip in my blog for doing this:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...63&postcount=1

Uses a 3 position switch for off/flashing/on
Jul 22, 2019, 07:47 AM
If you need input from me, John, just ask. I don't do blog threads. It's great to see input from others here!

Andy
Jul 22, 2019, 07:51 AM
ancora imparo
Thanks, Andy. I think kallendís solution is exactly what I want.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
If you need input from me, John, just ask. I don't do blog threads. It's great to see input from others here!

Andy
Jul 22, 2019, 05:43 PM
Set up wireless buddy box today. DX9 master. DX8 slave. Everything worked except throttle on DX8. What is the fix for this? I must be doing something wrong. Thanks, Les
Jul 22, 2019, 06:06 PM
Make sure "THR" slider is in the same position as "AIL" , ELE" & "RUD" in the Programmablle Master or the Pilot Link Master screen.
Jul 22, 2019, 06:12 PM
If you have Throttle Cut on both transmitters, I believe they BOTH need to be set to Throttle ON.
Last edited by eldoubleu; Jul 22, 2019 at 07:32 PM.
Jul 22, 2019, 08:44 PM
Yes, both transmitters have throttle cut
Jul 23, 2019, 11:35 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Is there a short cut for custom preflight checklist naming? I only know to pick one at random and change it letter by letter and then erase all remaining characters.

It would be a lot faster if I had a single short word to edit, or even just a blank or something. Can I add something to the established selections? And then edit that to suit?
Jul 23, 2019, 11:54 AM
No shortcut.

To erase text, position the cursor to the leftmost character you want to erase, then press CLEAR twice.

No custom list to pick from.

Andy
Jul 23, 2019, 11:59 AM
pull up -- PULL UP!!!
Too bad. But thanks for the tip on erasure. That's faster than what I've been doing.

Maybe you could add a "blank" first line in a future upgrade? I can't be the only one using custom text.

Quick Reply