Jul 19, 2019, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan510
Andy,

Which thread are you referring to, as I can find no such thread.

Johan.
Exit this thread back up to the Radios forum. On the right side is a link "Search this forum" - click it. Select Advanced.

Put AR400 in the search key, then below that change it from Entire Post to Titles Only.

Click on Search.

There's a bunch to pick from. Including one specifically about opening the case.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2019, 07:00 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantham Kid
I mentioned this once before but every time I pick up my DX6 (G3) the rubber grips have shrunk more.
how old is this ?
Jul 19, 2019, 07:39 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
probably around 2 years now. I would have to look it up
Jul 20, 2019, 11:47 AM
Electric baptism 1975
2 months bed ridden, yuck! Hope you are on the mend.
Curious- how hot does it get in the steel locker? Queensland is pretty hot in summer.
Jul 20, 2019, 04:28 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
The steel locker is in a shed so it barely gets warm in there. My other 3 radios are fine. Just this one.
Yeah David, on the mend, but slow. Thanks.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:35 AM
-=BS=-

Transferring all models Dx9 to DX8G2 via SD card fails

Hi
Iíve just purchased a DX8G2 to replace my aging DX9.

Attempting to ďimport allĒ models via the SD card from the Dx9 into the DX8 and the import process stops (crashes?) at the 20th model entry.

Iíve attempted this a few times with the same outcome.

Both transmitters are the latest firmware.
SD card is formatted fat32 (and Iíve tried a couple)

Is there a fix or workaround?

there are many, many more models to import and importing individually seems to be the only other option. And that process is painfully slow and clunky.

Appreciate your help.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:46 AM
No bounce, No play.
FAT 32 may be an issue?

Did you use SD Formatter program, the official Formatter stipulated by "The Association" and Spektrum?

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/
Jul 21, 2019, 12:00 PM
Always trying to learn
Perhaps try verifying all of the models?
Jul 21, 2019, 12:09 PM
-=BS=-
thank you
fourth attempt worked.
Not sure if any of the following did the trick, but here's the details of the latest:
New SD card (3rd one tried)
newly formatted to FAT32 (not the quick format) a
re-export of all files from the DX9
Import into DX8 completed all
Hoe this helps someone down the road.
thanks
Jul 21, 2019, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar
thank you
fourth attempt worked.
Not sure if any of the following did the trick, but here's the details of the latest:
thanks
One of the biggest issues with these radios and the SD cards, is that they do not like high performance cards. You need a slow, low capacity card and they'll usually work fine. Something in the SDHC and a class 4 card will usually do the trick.
Jul 21, 2019, 04:16 PM
Murphy was an optimist!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar
thank you
fourth attempt worked.
thanks
As mentioned, using the SD Formatter software is a good thing.
A few months ago I formatted an SD card in the PC and it failed to work in my DX9, but after formatting with SD Formatter it's been fine since...
Jul 21, 2019, 11:16 PM
ancora imparo

Strobe function using DX8e

Andy, I think a few years ago you answered this question for a DX9 - but I could not find it.

I want to do this with my DX8e which has two sequencers and I think is capable. It's trivial in OpenTX but I'm finding sequencers harder to understand for this simple task. I have read Freechip's article on sequencers and there's a whole thread on strobing an LED but I found it fairly confusing.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...trobing-an-LED

Task: Have a channel that switches on (100%) for 0.1seconds and off (-100%) for 0.9 second. That is, a 10% duty cycle with a 1 Hz frequency.
The whole thing to be controlled by a 2 position switch which outputs either -100% (Off) or the 10% duty cycle pulse (Flash).

A 3 position switch with Off and two different flash rates would be nice but not essential.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
John
Jul 21, 2019, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Andy, I think a few years ago you answered this question for a DX9 - but I could not find it.

I want to do this with my DX8e which has two sequencers and I think is capable. It's trivial in OpenTX but I'm finding sequencers harder to understand for this simple task. I have read Freechip's article on sequencers and there's a whole thread on strobing an LED but I found it fairly confusing.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...trobing-an-LED

Task: Have a channel that switches on (100%) for 0.1seconds and off (-100%) for 0.9 second. That is, a 10% duty cycle with a 1 Hz frequency.
The whole thing to be controlled by a 2 position switch which outputs either -100% (Off) or the 10% duty cycle pulse (Flash).

A 3 position switch with Off and two different flash rates would be nice but not essential.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
John
This sort of a project would be very easy to accomplish using one of those Arduino Nano microcontrollers. They are available in Ebay for a few dollars each. The Arduino Nano would be directly powered by the receiver channel assigned to the transmitter switch. The Arduino Nano has software that can measure the servo signal from the receiver. And, it can be programmed to do many different things depending on the high, center, low position of that switch. Or, it can also use a transmitter linear output like the DX9 sliders to do many different things depending on the position of that slider.

Circuitry is simple, connect the Arduino Nano to the receiver servo wire with three wires. The Arduino Nano can directly power the LED's with a couple of resistors. Just connect the LED and series resistor to the output pins of the Arduino Nano. (Something I've done many times)

I see you are on the other side of the world. You might want to contact Jim in Australia who has also worked with these microcontrollers. He knows where to get them, how to program them. And if desired, I can write up a simple Arduino Nano Sketch that will do what your project requires.

What size LED's are you working with? The Arduino Nano can directly put out some 100 Milliamperes of current to drive LED's. If you're working with high powered LED's that pull an Amp or two, a simple MosFet circuit can handle that. Total cost would be under $10 USA or so.

If weight is an issue, one of them weighs 3.7 grams.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Sagger-Project
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...eceiver-switch
Last edited by vollrathd; Jul 21, 2019 at 11:46 PM.
Jul 21, 2019, 11:39 PM
ancora imparo
Thanks for the detailed reply but I already have all the hardware installed and working. The receiver is driving a 30Amp $5 receiver controlled switch and it works with multiple 50Watt LEDs very well.

I just want to change this model from a Taranis/FrSky receiver to my DX8e.

In Open Tx, it is trivial as one of the logical functions is a timer with variable on and off times.

John
Quote:
Originally Posted by vollrathd
This sort of a project would be very easy to accomplish using one of those Arduino Nano microcontrollers. They are available in Ebay for a few dollars each. The Arduino Nano would be directly powered by the receiver channel assigned to the transmitter switch. The Arduino Nano has software that can measure the servo signal from the receiver. And, it can be programmed to do many different things depending on the high, center, low position of that switch. Or, it can also use a transmitter linear output like the DX9 sliders to do many different things depending on the position of that slider.

Circuitry is simple, connect the Arduino Nano to the receiver servo wire with three wires. The Arduino Nano can directly power the LED's with a couple of resistors. Just connect the LED and series resistor to the output pins of the Arduino Nano. (Something I've done many times)

I see you are on the other side of the world. You might want to contact Jim in Australia who has also worked with these microcontrollers. He knows where to get them, how to program them. And if desired, I can write up a simple Arduino Nano Sketch that will do what your project requires.

What size LED's are you working with? The Arduino Nano can directly put out some 100 Milliamperes of current to drive LED's. If you're working with high powered LED's that pull an Amp or two, a simple MosFet circuit can handle that. Total cost would be under $10 USA or so.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Sagger-Project
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...eceiver-switch
Jul 21, 2019, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj604
Thanks for the detailed reply but I already have all the hardware installed and working. The receiver is driving a 30Amp $5 receiver controlled switch and it works with multiple 50Watt LEDs very well.

I just want to change this model from a Taranis/FrSky receiver to my DX8e.

In Open Tx, it is trivial as one of the logical functions is a timer with variable on and off times.

John
I think that Arduino Nano could be interfaced between the receiver and your 50 Watt LED driver. It would have the three servo wires input, and two wires output to drive your LED driver. What is the signal input requirements of that LED driver?

Quick Reply