Jul 19, 2019, 05:56 AM

DX Radio Updates

Hello All
Question are there any updates coming for the Dx Radios or have updates stopped for them because all i see is IX radio update work being done i can see whats happening stop support of the DX Radios so the only way to get more option and features is to buy their from what have seen and heard piece of sh*t i mean crap IX Radio a hefty price for something that is in the shop or locked up and not working than it is. i really hope not but I am looking at other brands already seems the the Germans got it figured out.

Rant over

Mike
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2019, 06:09 AM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mringersoll
Hello All
Question are there any updates coming for the Dx Radios or have updates stopped for them because all i see is IX radio update work being done i can see whats happening stop support of the DX Radios so the only way to get more option and features is to buy their from what have seen and heard piece of sh*t i mean crap IX Radio a hefty price for something that is in the shop or locked up and not working than it is. i really hope not but I am looking at other brands already seems the the Germans got it figured out.

Rant over

Mike
The DX line is still fully being supported. What updates are you wanting or think need done? Do you have a specific issue or feature you think needs attention?
Jul 19, 2019, 06:20 AM
That's the problem with forums etc, too much 'what I have seen or heard' rather than actually trying something for yourself.

You'll most likely find the IX12 works really well, like it did for me (I had 2 of them) and for all the people who happily own and use one without issues who are not signed up to forums like these.

As far as the DX radios go, what more features do you need? They pretty much do all what the IX12 does once you take away Android and the touch screen.

If there is something better out there suited to YOU, then switch, that's the most important part. These are just toy parts, ultimately nobody really cares what brand you use, just use what you feel most comfortable with and enjoy the hobby.
Last edited by i_am_mark_evans; Jul 19, 2019 at 06:25 AM.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:18 AM
No bounce, No play.
I seem to remember Andy said something about code space pretty much maxed out for DX line. So maybe nothing for new features but I don't have any fear bugs would not be squashed etc. if needed.
Jul 19, 2019, 07:26 AM
Actually the only one thing is would be great (at least for me): Warning report message. That would be great if the radio says voice message assigned to switch instead of "Switch 1 on" when you turn the Radio on and the Warning occurs.
Jul 19, 2019, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36
I seem to remember Andy said something about code space pretty much maxed out for DX line. So maybe nothing for new features but I don't have any fear bugs would not be squashed etc. if needed.
I'm working on an update right now.

Andy
Jul 19, 2019, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan510
Andy,

How do I take a AR400 out of its case to rejoin my long aerial that snapped off?

Had a look but don't want to apply any unwanted force.

Johan.
I think it was designed as a one-time. If you ask in the AR400 thread you might find an answer already.

Andy
Jul 19, 2019, 08:43 AM
Andy,

Which thread are you referring to, as I can find no such thread.

Johan.
Jul 19, 2019, 08:51 AM
On the ar400 there are 4 clips around the casing, 2 each on the longest side, pretty hard to miss.
Jul 19, 2019, 09:12 AM
Yes, I know but do you press them in to disengage?
Jul 19, 2019, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan510
Yes, I know but do you press them in to disengage?
Many years ago, I broke several tabs while disengaging those tabs.

Simple solution was to reassemble with a piece of transparent shrink tubing. Crude, but it worked!
Jul 19, 2019, 10:56 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I'm working on an update right now.

Andy
Great news. I'd like to complain about the lack of a holder for my coffee cup & sun glasses
Have a good weekend.
Jul 19, 2019, 12:15 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidN
Great news. I'd like to complain about the lack of a holder for my coffee cup & sun glasses
Have a good weekend.
DX256 features.
Jul 19, 2019, 01:46 PM
Small flat blade screw driver in the clip, and turn, pops open.

I've had mine out a few times and take my other spekky rx's out the case to fit my dlg's, never broken a case to date.
Jul 19, 2019, 05:16 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I mentioned this once before but every time I pick up my DX6 (G3) the rubber grips have shrunk more.
I'll put up a pic soon. It has never been left in the sun and is kept in a steel locker. I have been bed ridden for 2 months but I got it out a few days ago and they have got worse. It looks quite tacky now. Is this normally an issue?
As you can see, even my Pug is disappointed.
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Jul 19, 2019 at 05:38 PM.

Quick Reply