Jul 16, 2019, 03:44 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
..., servos outputs are also available as switches to the channel processor, ...
Could you elaborate on that?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 16, 2019, 03:48 PM
With hand-editing of an SPM file you could use a servo position to act as a switch for another function. That's about all I can say.

You need a freechip-type guy to figure out the details.

Andy
Jul 16, 2019, 03:51 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
With hand-editing of an SPM file you could use a servo position to act as a switch for another function. That's about all I can say.

You need a freechip-type guy to figure out the details.

Andy
And that's a glider guy's dream come true...

Easy FM setup triggered by elevator position (ie launch on switch I, zoom on let-go, cancel zoom to cruise on pushover)
Jul 16, 2019, 04:52 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
.......servo position.......
Synonymous with Channel Output?
Jul 16, 2019, 07:38 PM
Electric baptism 1975
I think you can set switch position announcements at Tx power up.
Jul 17, 2019, 09:02 AM

Help DX18 Elevon + Canards

Dear Friends ,

I'm trying to help a friend to setup a DX18 to fly his Eurofighter . Elevon + Canards .

Plane has 1 servo for each wing (aileron and elevator in the same control surface) and 1 servo for Canards .

First wing servo in Aileron slot .
Second wing servo in Elevator Slot
Canard Servo in Aux3 Slot

Radio Wing setup as Elevon A .

Elevator and Ailerons working fine .

To setup the Canard Servo we put :

->Channel Assignment -> RX Port Assignments -> AUX3:Elevator

The problem is : The Canard is working BUT NO TRIM response from elevator trim imput .

When we click elevator trim up or down .... elevator reacts OK but canard don't .

Please help , all advices welcome .

Best regards
Eduardo
Sorry my poor english .
Jul 17, 2019, 09:16 AM
If he is using a DX18QQ or DX18G2 then there is a wing type for elevon + canard. Use that instead of the Channel Assign.

When you use Channel Assign in the manner you have done, then it is working with the input from the stick, not the stick+trim. If you set the channel back to Inh and then use a mix ELE > AX3, you can enable trim by setting Trim to Active. This will use the elevator function including trim and Rates/Expo.

Andy
Jul 17, 2019, 09:30 AM
Andy :

Thank you for your prompt and attentive reply .

I think his radio is the DX18 G1 and don't has this option . Maybe out of date firmware .

We did it using mix , it's working fine .

I just wanted to understand why it had not worked the way I originally imagined.

I will advice him to update the software to latest version .

Thanks again .
Last edited by petya; Jul 17, 2019 at 10:11 AM.
Jul 17, 2019, 09:56 AM
Should I buy the iX12 now or wait?

HH just put it on sale for 15% off. Is it worth buying now or waiting on an iX8 or iX12 gen2?

For context, I want the new tech that comes with the iX line, but I won't need 12 channels anytime soon. 8-9 are enough for me, so maybe I should wait for an iX8 or iX9.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Jul 17, 2019, 10:14 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albotron

HH just put it on sale for 15% off. Is it worth buying now or waiting on an iX8 or iX12 gen2?

For context, I want the new tech that comes with the iX line, but I won't need 12 channels anytime soon. 8-9 are enough for me, so maybe I should wait for an iX8 or iX9.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Do you want to fly it this season?

If so, buy the iX12

If not, wait. The only thing currently known to be in the pipe is the iX20, any lower end model that might be coming will launch late enough that it will not make it for the flying season unless you fly really late in the year.
Jul 17, 2019, 04:30 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
I was given a practically unused DX8. My guess is it is possibly 5 years old. I hadnt bothered with it till now as the battery had a dud cell.
I replaced the battery and it starts screaming at 4.7 volts. I believe it shouldnt do that until it reaches 4.3 volts.
I cant see any way of adjusting the voltage warning.
I have 3 other radios so not prepared to spend money on this thing if thats what it needs but I could use the switches off it for my Taranis.
Any possibility of adjusting that voltage warning level?
Jul 17, 2019, 05:15 PM
Super easy!

Hold down the roller as you power on. Quickly (you have 10 seconds) scroll down to System Settings, click, then scroll to either the battery type or low voltage alarm and click the roller.

Now you can take your sweet time adjusting it.

Andy
Jul 17, 2019, 05:29 PM
Chasin' that Neon Rainbow
Thank you very much Andy
I will have to charge the battery first as it wont let me do anything once it starts screaming like a banshee!
I did check the book but could find no mention except what was on page 10
EDIT
All done. I changed it to LiPo and droped a 2S in it meantime. All working. Thanks once again.
Last edited by Grantham Kid; Jul 17, 2019 at 05:54 PM.
Jul 18, 2019, 08:11 AM
Andy,

How do I take a AR400 out of its case to rejoin my long aerial that snapped off?

Had a look but don't want to apply any unwanted force.

Johan.
Jul 18, 2019, 08:18 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albotron

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9&postcount=53

Quick Reply