Jun 13, 2019, 12:48 PM
The difference in travel is because elevon mixing is normally 75%/75% mix.

If you really need the way-in-excess travel, change back to a Normal wing type and then make these mixes:

Mix 1:
AIL > ELE
Rates: 100%, 100%
Offset 100% (you may need to make that -100% depending on how things go together)
Trim: Enabled
Switch : On

Mix 2:
ELE > AIL
Rates: 100%, 100%
Offset 100% (you may need to make that -100% depending on how things go together)
Trim: Enabled
Switch : On.

This should more than cover your travel needs. If it doesn't, add more mixes of AIL > AIL and ELE > ELE with a positive rate. This will boost the travel even more.

NOTE: At some point you WILL experience "clipping." This means that you'll give aileron or elevator input and NOTHING WILL CHANGE on at least one servo. If that happens, it means you went too far on the travel boosting.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2019, 05:59 AM
Thank you Andy, I will play around with your suggestions. Understand about the clipping.
Jun 14, 2019, 11:48 AM
Modeling Retread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmbbo
Ditto... I like the Spektrum hardware (currently have a DXe, DX8G2 and DX9 along with a bunch of Rxs and telemetry units), but the documentation tends to be sketchy, to be kind, which likely is a main reason why this thread has 61000 posts on 4100 pages. Good thing Andy is available to clarify what Spektrum meant and that YouTube videos are available...
Andy assures us that a proverbial "Spektrum for Dummies" is soon to be printed. I'm ready to order as soon as it is ready.
Latest blog entry: 17th Annual BEST Fly-In
Jun 14, 2019, 12:16 PM
I didn't say "soon" - I said "somebody is working on one" and I'm helping him every week with questions as they come up.

Andy
Jun 14, 2019, 02:26 PM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
I didn't say "soon" - I said "somebody is working on one" and I'm helping him every week with questions as they come up.

Andy
For the author of the Dummies guide.
I learned recently that publishing to Kindle is a great way to go. The presenter quoted the following:-
There are roughly 1,000 collectors/organizations that buy a copy of every single English language title listed.
Kindle commission 30% for $0 - 9.99US. He also said commission goes up over $10, though I can't confirm on Google.
Jun 14, 2019, 08:05 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Just switched over to a dx18gen1 for my gliders and am having issues with getting the vario/altimeter working. The vario seems to be working, but the altimeter is showing -2379 or something strange. Unable to clear or reser with the buttons. Have attempted to reboot the reciever, but nothing seems to help. These are the same units I have used with my dx6g2 and they worked fine

Any thoughts?
Jun 14, 2019, 08:21 PM
Delete both sensors from the Telemetry menu.

Then use Auto Config.

Andy
Jun 14, 2019, 08:23 PM
Honorable Deplorable
Roger that...

Simistic, yet it worked

Thanks again Andy
Last edited by woogie_man; Jun 14, 2019 at 08:43 PM.
Jun 15, 2019, 04:53 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Dx18G2 Question. I have a Mosquito Bomber with twin engines that I would like to program with a throttle cut function that will disable both motors. The motors are each on a separate receiver channel ( CH2 and AUX2) so that I can set up differential throttle for steering. 1st things 1st. I need to set up the throttle cut to safely handle the plane. At present, the throttle cut only "cuts" one motor. The throttle stick still operates the other motor.

Was I dreaming, or was there a "Twin Engine" model setup somewhere in the Dx18 menus?

I've attached the file for suggestions.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Jun 15, 2019, 04:59 PM
BMFA 190658
I've uploaded my Bush Mule .SPM in various threads. It has twin motor control with differential thrust on the rudder stick and dual throttle cut on switch A.

I'm sure it could be modified easily enough for your Mosquito.

I'll see if I can find it and post it again.

Tony
Jun 15, 2019, 05:03 PM
BMFA 190658
Here you go

Tony
Jun 15, 2019, 05:53 PM
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
DX18 question. Currently right/left slider are set at -100, 0, +100. How to I set them for 0, +50, +100? Went to analog switch menu but that did do it for me.
Jun 15, 2019, 07:22 PM
You want to change the analog value so that it puts out only half its range? Can I ask why? There are several ways to accomplish this, but it would be good to understand the application so that I give the right advice.

Andy
Jun 15, 2019, 07:29 PM
Sorry if this is OT but don't know where else to ask.

I will be traveling from the U.S. and driving in Canada for a week with a DX6E radio and some motorless slope gliders. I will not be flying in Canada at all just passing through so are there any Canadian rules pertaining to rc radios just saw this on the internet but not sure how to interpret it.

6. Can I bring purchased licence-exempt radio devices from other countries into Canada?

Although licence-exempt radio devices sold in other countries often have similar technical parameters, they may not meet applicable Industry Canada regulatory requirements. For this reason, it is illegal for consumers to import radio devices into Canada that do not bear a label with an Industry Canada certification/registration number. Please see RSP-100 for more information.

In addition, importers of radiocommunication equipment should be aware that other federal regulatory requirements may apply. For more information regarding radio equipment importation requirements, please consult the Canadian Border Services Agency.

Will they let me pass with a stock Dx6E at the border crossing?
Jun 15, 2019, 07:35 PM
Canada is nice in that they accept the FCC mark. You'll be fine.

Take the NRA sticker off your back window though, or they'll totally unpack your vehicle for you.

Andy

Quick Reply