May 21, 2019, 03:06 PM
Oh, we do that with LEDs and the sequencer already. You can probably find SPM files that I've posted around Radios with it in there. A repeating strobe like on an aircraft.

Andy
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2019, 03:09 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Oh, we do that with LEDs and the sequencer already. You can probably find SPM files that I've posted around Radios with it in there. A repeating strobe like on an aircraft.

Andy
Thanks. Was just wondering how short a flash I could reliably produce.
May 21, 2019, 03:09 PM
Here you go. There are others. Search for me using the word strobe.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=12594

Andy
May 21, 2019, 03:42 PM
Always trying to learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Want a short strobe-like flash initiated by a switch change. Sequencer seems like a good way to do it without adding extra hardware.
Quote:

Andy

Seems like a good opportunity to ask questions and learn something....how would the sequencer do this without any extra hardware? It will give you the ability to automatically control the pulse width of channel but don't you still need a piece of hardware (e.g. an LED controller or a switch) to take that PWM signal and use it to control a strobe?
May 21, 2019, 03:57 PM
Yes, you do.

If you were to do that searching on "strobe" you would find I use the E-flite EFLA520 LED controller. It takes the channel position as an on/off command and uses that to control the LEDs.

There is no "no extra hardware" way to accomplish it. You need something to take the 1-2ms pulse and convert it into many ms for the LED to be visible.

Andy
May 21, 2019, 03:59 PM
Always trying to learn
Quote:
Yes, you do.

If you were to do that searching on "strobe" you would find I use the E-flite EFLA520 LED controller. It takes the channel position as an on/off command and uses that to control the LEDs.

Andy

Ok, thanks Andy. I followed the search but not far enough!
May 21, 2019, 05:33 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea
Seems like a good opportunity to ask questions and learn something....how would the sequencer do this without any extra hardware? It will give you the ability to automatically control the pulse width of channel but don't you still need a piece of hardware (e.g. an LED controller or a switch) to take that PWM signal and use it to control a strobe?
Yes a simple switch is needed to light the LED. What I meant is that the intelligence to create a single timed, pulsed flash in response to a switch change is provided by the sequencer and not by a hardware strobe or specialized light controller. I want a single short flash and not a repeating strobe (I already do that on my multicopter lights, see my blog for details). My question boiled down to what is the shortest flash I can reliably produce using the sequencer.
Last edited by kallend; May 21, 2019 at 05:38 PM.
May 21, 2019, 05:44 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Yes, you do.

There is no "no extra hardware" way to accomplish it. You need something to take the 1-2ms pulse and convert it into many ms for the LED to be visible.

Andy
There are no specs, tech notes or manuals on that product on the HH web site. Just a picture and a price and a cryptic comment "Product information will be provided as it becomes available"
May 21, 2019, 06:06 PM
None needed. It's that brain dead simple.

"Left as an exercise for the student."

Andy
May 21, 2019, 07:18 PM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Greetings,
I purchased a used DX6 SPMR6750, FW 2.01
Thinking it would be a backup to my DX9, however it cannot import the files from the SD card, was I mistaken?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
May 21, 2019, 07:32 PM
Prep your sd card with SD FORMATTER tool.

Andy
May 21, 2019, 08:24 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Also make sure your DX9 is also on 2.01
May 21, 2019, 09:25 PM
Always trying to learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
There are no specs, tech notes or manuals on that product on the HH web site. Just a picture and a price and a cryptic comment "Product information will be provided as it becomes available"
In case it's helpful....from post 52805.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejmea
Depending on your requirements, pololu.com carries a bunch of electronics, including various rc switches. Unlike the one from Hobbyking they require some soldering but they also give you flexibility in choosing a size/amperage and in programming them to turn on or off at signal levels other than 50% and/or when the signal is above or below the setpoint. Just depends on your requirements.
Something like this might work for what you want albeit with a little more effort than the E-Flite product.
May 21, 2019, 09:26 PM
Time for me to Fly...
I’m pretty new to Spektrum and I’m having some trouble setting up an electric glider. It’s a DX18 Gen1 and the RX is an AR7350. The configuration is 7 channels, RA, RF, LA, LF, Rud, Elev, Motor. The controls are standard except the flaps/crow is on the left stick and the throttle is on the left slider.

It seems as though whatever function I assign to channel 5 (gear) isn’t fully proportional. Is there a way around this or do I have to buy an 8 or 9 channel RX?
May 21, 2019, 09:44 PM
Can you export your model to the SD card and attach the resulting SPM file please?

All channels are fully proportional. I'd like to see how you have your model configured.

Andy

Quick Reply