Mar 06, 2018, 06:44 PM
No bounce, No play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taterb
I'm holding out until they fix the sound level.
Don't let that one thing hold you back. Check the iX thread I posted a dandy unit that goes right in your ear. I use it at work too, very active job, it stays in perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGrant
Would these trannys work with an ear-bud speaker for a cell-phone?.
Look for a BT transmitter by Azeca. Very slim, a bit thicker than a matchbook. Inch or so square.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 07, 2018, 04:49 AM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxguy1000
I can fix it and I can replace the brick—and I can replace the whole plane—but I ask respectfully for an alternative. One I’ve searched everywhere I know about for an answer.
Doesn't that brick have a 2nd aileron port? I think your gear port is also used on the CCub's for flaps. So it's not stabilized. I would try THIS Y-harness to run the ailerons off 1 of the 2 ports. That may require you to use THIS REVERSER cable on one of the ailerons, but maybe not. Mix the elevator to the new aileron port and see if that works. Make sure the AS3X correction to the elevator is in the right direction. If not, that reverser may be needed there too.
Don
Mar 07, 2018, 10:50 AM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
Doesn't that brick have a 2nd aileron port? I think your gear port is also used on the CCub's for flaps. So it's not stabilized. I would try THIS Y-harness to run the ailerons off 1 of the 2 ports. That may require you to use THIS REVERSER cable on one of the ailerons, but maybe not. Mix the elevator to the new aileron port and see if that works. Make sure the AS3X correction to the elevator is in the right direction. If not, that reverser may be needed there too.
Don
It's the elevator that broke.
Mar 07, 2018, 12:27 PM
Blue Skies
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoov128
It's the elevator that broke.
Saxguy said he had mixed the GEAR Ch to work the ELE but it was not stabilized. The AIL Ch is stabilized and the only spare channel left. I thought if he could mix the GEAR Ch to run the ELE, he could just as easily mix the 2nd AIL Ch to run the ELE. I don't know if it is AUX1 on those bricks, or can be made to be AUX1/RAL or not.
Don
Last edited by hifinsword; Mar 07, 2018 at 12:38 PM.
Mar 07, 2018, 12:45 PM
GVG
GVG
Has anyone encountered the fact that the DX9 does not shut down completely? Today I noticed when I entered the dark room where the remote control is located, that the Spectrum badge is on it. while not just burning, and sometimes blinking (as if something is short). The remote control is completely off! I pressed all the buttons and toggle switches in the hope that the logo would stop shining and found the button while holding down the icon stops lighting completely, this is the BACK button.
Mar 07, 2018, 01:44 PM
Custom User Name Title
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifinsword
Saxguy said he had mixed the GEAR Ch to work the ELE but it was not stabilized. The AIL Ch is stabilized and the only spare channel left. I thought if he could mix the GEAR Ch to run the ELE, he could just as easily mix the 2nd AIL Ch to run the ELE. I don't know if it is AUX1 on those bricks, or can be made to be AUX1/RAL or not.
Don
Ah, Understood, I see what you were getting at..... unfortunately..... the answer's still a "no" though.

Ch2 & 6 are connected via 'virtual y-cable' on the umx bricks. If he plugs in to port 6 he'll get reversed aileron.... obviously a bad thing for elevator. If you use the programming sequence with the transmitter to disconnect the two so you have separate channels 2 and 6 ports, AS3X is no longer active on the port 6.
Mar 07, 2018, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVG
Has anyone encountered the fact that the DX9 does not shut down completely? Today I noticed when I entered the dark room where the remote control is located, that the Spectrum badge is on it. while not just burning, and sometimes blinking (as if something is short). The remote control is completely off! I pressed all the buttons and toggle switches in the hope that the logo would stop shining and found the button while holding down the icon stops lighting completely, this is the BACK button.
You need to have it serviced. There is a failed component on the board.

Andy
Mar 07, 2018, 06:33 PM
watch this

speech volume control on rotary nob

i saw how to do this awhile back but have not been able to find it, ?
Mar 07, 2018, 06:39 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawkdc
System Setup > System Settings > Next > Volume Controls. > Analog
Mar 07, 2018, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhawkdc
Go into System Setup
Go to System Settings
Go to 2nd page
Go down to Volume Controls and select
Got down to Analog and change it, I use the left Lever
Mar 07, 2018, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drparker1315
Go into System Setup
Go to System Settings
Go to 2nd page
Go down to Volume Controls and select
Got down to Analog and change it, I use the left Lever
EDIT: Beat me I'm to wordy
Mar 07, 2018, 07:02 PM
watch this
thanks , I am going to really like being able to change it while flying
Mar 08, 2018, 02:40 PM
Just having a rant and update to my on going DX20 repair.

So, now 11 weeks later (eleven) I still haven't received my DX20 back from Germany for a recall and warranty issue with range. Im not sure what the issue is, but I am now advising all that use the German repair centre to avoid them. They have no interest in backing the products Spektrum make if like me you live in the UK.

I made it clear to the UK based RC shop that I want I new unit or a refund if I wasn't getting it back. I was told they would find out and ring me back by Wednesday. Its now end of the working day Thursday and nothing!

Can anyone suggest a legal way of resolving this, I did buy on my credit card but not from the hobby shop that took it in for repair. If the other hobby shop was closer to my home I would visit them to ask for the same solution (refund or new unit) but its a long way for me to go. Maybe hitting the 3 month mark might push me to booking a day off work to do this.

Im fuming.
Mar 08, 2018, 03:27 PM
What did Thomas say?

Andy
Mar 08, 2018, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
What did Thomas say?

Andy
Not received any reply from my email when I sent it the same day you gave it to me.

Quick Reply