Jul 31, 2013, 09:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFatCat
No sliders? That is a big miss. I want sliders over the dual antennas.
If it has sliders, which a lot of people want, it just might turn into a DX18 killer. Can't have the only real distinction between the two radios being a few more channels that most people will never even use anyway.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2013, 09:33 PM
Both DX9 and DX18 should be loaded radios and neither will kill each other.

If you need only 9 channels then the DX9 is the choice, and if you need 10+ , then the DX18.

Why buy a 18 channel for sliders just because the DX8, DX9 don't have it.

The I have a 8FG, that has sliders.
Jul 31, 2013, 09:35 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
Man, I've had my DX8 for less than two months!

I guess I should have waited a bit longer. This looks pretty dang real to me.
Jul 31, 2013, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stitch1
Man, I've had my DX8 for less than two months!

I guess I should have waited a bit longer. This looks pretty dang real to me.
You'll be fine with the bug free DX8 like the rest of us. Remember the issues the early versions of DX8, do you want to be the early version of the DX9? The DX9 neck strap loop is above the switch so you will still need a balancer unlike the DX18 that has the loop below the switch.

Unless you need the ninth channel, you won't miss it. It will be $100+ more than the DX8 because of the dual antenna and extra channel. The voice thing to me is novelty.

If I need more than 8 channels, I will go right to the DX18 so I have all the growth available. Without the sliders, I won't event consider the DX9.
Last edited by SuperFatCat; Jul 31, 2013 at 09:58 PM.
Jul 31, 2013, 09:58 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Both DX9 and DX18 should be loaded radios and neither will kill each other.
"Should" being the operative term, but it looks like that isn't the case. I was speaking from a possible Horizon standpoint of not including sliders which, according to the picture, they didn't. Perhaps they feel a less expensive 9 channel radio with "too many features" would take away from their more expensive DX18 market. But, who knows...
Jul 31, 2013, 10:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
If I need more than 8 channels, I will go right to the DX18 so I have all the growth available. Without the sliders, I won't event consider the DX9.
You just basically proved my point. If it had sliders, you might consider it over the DX18. Same for lot of other people, hence my reasoning for them not putting sliders on the DX9 and increasing its competition with the DX18, assuming the DX9 is even going to be a real thing at all, of course.
Jul 31, 2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
You'll be fine with the bug free DX8 like the rest of us. Remember the issues the early versions of DX8, do you want to be the early version of the DX9? The DX9 neck strap loop is above the switch so you will still need a balancer unlike the DX18 that has the loop below the switch.

Unless you need the ninth channel, you won't miss it. It will be $100+ more than the DX8 because of the dual antenna and extra channel. The voice thing to me is novelty.

Well- I took a copy of that picture - printed it - turned it over and it looks like there are sliders! you just can't see em-
Jul 31, 2013, 10:16 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
You're right. I'll be sticking with my DX8 unless they offer a trade in program or something. (Fat chance!) It's just I really like the dual antennas and voice announcements. If I would have known it was coming I would have waited. Oh well, I can't blame them for adding a new product.

Quote:

Jul 31, 2013, 10:25 PM
You may see a DX11, DX14 to compete with other companies for market share.

Incremental enhancements for each, but never the full house like the DX18. The DX18 gives you a lot for your money.

I will keep my DX8 for the bind and fly stuff and smaller helis, and may just pick up a DX18 now knowing the road map of the DX series.

You have fun with the DX8, and maybe you can move to a DX11 or DX14 if and when they come out. But wait for the bugs to get ironed out with the early adopters.
Jul 31, 2013, 11:09 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Would it be in regards to the voice?
I am a little bummed about that... hope I get an update to my dx18
Jul 31, 2013, 11:18 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli
I am a little bummed about that... hope I get an update to my dx18
I highly doubt the DX18 will get it because it wouldn't be just a simple firmware update. No voice synthesizer hardware or even a proper speaker capable of reproducing voice in the thing. At the very minimum, if it's even offered, you'd have to send it in for what would probably be a pricey update.
Aug 01, 2013, 01:27 AM
Thread OP
http://spektrumrc.com/Products/Defau...rodID=SPMR9900
It is official.
Aug 01, 2013, 01:34 AM
Thanks Muk
Definitely not photoshopped.
Aug 01, 2013, 01:51 AM
Thread OP
Yep. And I think I am officially pissed

By the way, you need no special hardware for speech. Just a port which can be used as D/A. Probably all ports can be reprogrammed to D/A. Just a way to get the signal to your ears.

I would love to see wireless buddy-boxing on the DX18.

Okay, let's see what is it really about. Give them some time for bugfixing.

It looks like the DX9 is also dark like the QQ. I hope they get it right this time. It is not good to simply spray paint a chromed chassis...
And I am sure the DX9 will be handled rougher than the QQ....
Aug 01, 2013, 02:38 AM
Its like waiting in line for the next I phone lol.

Quick Reply