Jul 31, 2013, 04:32 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by keris
How come people in German know this first not US....it look nice just missing the S (DSX9)anyway let wait for official announment from Spektrum.
Lots of stuff from Horizon and their associated sub-divisions has debuted or been announced in Germany before the states. And, there is no "S" in the names of the U.S. radios. Just "DX". DX7, DX8, DX18, etc.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2013, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hootenany
Lots of stuff from Horizon and their associated sub-divisions has debuted or been announced in Germany before the states. And, there is no "S" in the names of the U.S. radios. Just "DX". DX7, DX8, DX18, etc.
Well there would be the DX7s
Jul 31, 2013, 04:38 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
e, i & t also.
Jul 31, 2013, 04:43 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
Well there would be the DX7s
Good catch. I should have said in the prefix of the radio, as keris referenced. All begin with DX and the other letters are additions to the end after the model number.
Jul 31, 2013, 04:45 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
Would it be in regards to the voice?
No, I have voice. Possibly better. And I do not use it (because I don't need it for my helis). I just want more different alarms, so I know which one is triggered.
Just, ....I don't know. Maybe for the wireless buddy boxing (hopefully not sacrificing telemetry like on the HOTT radios)

Maybe a beta tester leaked it. But I think the beta radios are black ? Maybe an official product picture which was "lost" somewhere ? Or leaked (apples are also leaking )
Since the lightning and background and everything looks "staged", it could be official....
Jul 31, 2013, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Good catch. I should have said in the prefix of the radio, as keris referenced. All begin with DX and the other letters are additions to the end after the model number.
Didnt take you long to make another account and start up where you left off. Pretty sad if you ask me.I probably wouldnt answer anyway.
Jul 31, 2013, 05:00 PM
Suspended Account
Huh?
Jul 31, 2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Huh?
Ok I gotta admit you made me laugh. Im still roflmao @ terd burgler.You really should consider that one.Classic.
Jul 31, 2013, 05:15 PM
Suspended Account
What are you talking about? Whatever, response not really required anyway.
Jul 31, 2013, 05:43 PM
wow.. if you zoom in there is voice commands
Jul 31, 2013, 06:18 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Actually it says voice Alerts.
Jul 31, 2013, 06:25 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis
wow.. if you zoom in there is voice commands
Alerts, not commands. It talks to you and not the other way around like a voice activated phone, GPS unit or something where you give it verbal commands.
Jul 31, 2013, 06:38 PM
Taranis Tyro...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pda4you
It appears you (Renatoa) are a fan of the FrSky Taranis but I must admit this box looks MANY ordinals better than that. And at the core I bet that the DX9 will balance on the neck strap - something rather important for a new design.

So who is the design leader and sets the high water mark now renatoa?
I agree with you that the externals of this TX do look superior to the Taranis and that balance is important. However, lets not kid ourselves - people are not flocking to the FrSky TX for looks or balance.

Taranis is proving massively popular because it combines programming functionality/flexibility from the very top of the tree with solid, unspectacular hardware and a $200 price tag. As such it isn't really in competition with this radio for now. Give it 5 years though and I suspect the offerings (and prices) of the big boys like HH and Futaba might be quite different...
Jul 31, 2013, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB
I agree with you that the externals of this TX do look superior to the Taranis and that balance is important. However, lets not kid ourselves - people are not flocking to the FrSky TX for looks or balance.

Taranis is proving massively popular because it combines programming functionality/flexibility from the very top of the tree with solid, unspectacular hardware and a $200 price tag. As such it isn't really in competition with this radio for now. Give it 5 years though and I suspect the offerings (and prices) of the big boys like HH and Futaba might be quite different...
No question the heart of the Taranis is in the right place. I am following the thread and they are having the standard newcomer issues. I am not sure how well it will appeal to the masses however, very unlike the DX9.

The programing, the reports of quality issues, shipping issues and damage to that much touted, included case have me happy I am on the sidelines. I know they will resolve all the issues, and candidly Spektrum, or any other brand are not immune from just those type of issues.

I feel like the vast majority of users won't want, or need to "flash" the box. And I don't have a PhD, just like many others, but when I read that thread it seems like one would help, if you want use the system to its full potential. I also get that the support here and in the forums will help as can be clearly seen.

We shall see what it does in the highly competitive RC radio market. The DX9 will likely outsell the Taranis by many times. Trust me I want FrSky to be very successful as it drives innovation and that filters to all the vendors.

Mike
Jul 31, 2013, 08:56 PM
No sliders? That is a big miss. I want sliders over the dual antennas.

Quick Reply