Aug 01, 2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
I see, so for the included battery are we looking at the 2000mAh NiMH battery that comes standard with the DX7s/DX8?

That's good to hear, thanks for the info. I think it'd be nice to have both options, periodic readings like for battery voltage, altitude, speed, etc. if you're into sailplanes or other long range flying to keep track of that and gauge how much flight you have left and also threshold for low battery voltage, frame losses/holds, etc. Perhaps also be able to assign priority between readings so it's not talking over itself and can advise immediately of something important. Just a thought.

A pic earlier in the thread of a DX9 screen showed transmitter battery voltage at 7.9V and since the DX9 seems have a number of parts/features shared with the DX18 I thought it might also come with the standard 2s DX18 lipo but I was wrong.
I would kind of think that like all other radios an actual alarm will take priority over anything else and make itself known until it is satisfied or cleared to resume the normal displays.
As far as I can see on the website pic it shows 8.1. I guess its always possible but at this point I kind of cant see them shipping it with a NiMh pack.I would bet it comes with a LiPo out of the box.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 01, 2013, 06:38 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Heck of a deal at that price if its equipped with a 70$ lipo.

Nice going spektrum.
Aug 01, 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
1) The battery is different. The battery compartment is the same as the DX7s/DX8, so you can use that LiPo if you want. It's what I have in mine.

2) Yes and yes. The telemetry alarm options are Inh, Tone, Vibe, Tone/Vibe, Voice, Voice/Vibe. You can also have it report telemetry at the press of a button (or flip of a switch), and if you want you can even have it cycle through a list of sensors at every press. Let's just say it does exactly what you want, or pretty darn close to it. (I'm fishing for ideas ...)

3) They are as flexible as the DX18. Read the DX18 manual for specifics.

Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
OK, I,m going to break my personal rules and pre-order.

Andy: 2 quick questions since the manual isn't on line yet. Is there a throttle/pitch curve available in the airplane menu and can the timer be throttle activated - two things I use often on my 12X.

Azarr
Andy
Are you saying we can look to the DX18 manual for the bulk of the function specifics?
Or does that only apply to switch assignments?
Aug 01, 2013, 06:59 PM
Warbird & Jet Lover
I've been trying to talk the Spektrum team into including a female voice in English language with a German accent, but so far no luck.
Aug 01, 2013, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Eichstedt
I've been trying to talk the Spektrum team into including a female voice in English language with a German accent, but so far no luck.
I was hoping for Southern Belle . I had another suggestion but it would be too controversial. As long as its pleasant and female Ill be happy.
Aug 01, 2013, 07:11 PM
Maybe Homer Simpson?
Aug 01, 2013, 07:11 PM
If we have the option of recording our own I'm asking my wife just so she doesn't get mad when my radio talks to me.
Aug 01, 2013, 07:13 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
I sound like Homer when I crash.

Aug 01, 2013, 07:14 PM
LoL +1
Aug 01, 2013, 07:15 PM
Stitching 'em back together!
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip
If we have the option of recording our own I'm asking my wife just so she doesn't get mad when my radio talks to me.
My wife is normally my spotter. I could just see it now. The transmitter will say one thing my wife will say something conflicting and I'll be forced to choose.

On second thought maybe I don't need one of these.
Aug 01, 2013, 07:16 PM
Need More PURPLE !!
Quote:
Damn.... That would have been sweeeeetttt..

Side note....I have my bet on "T.B " only lasting 2-5 days on new name.
Aug 01, 2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
You could ask Heidi Klumm. She would do it.
Aug 01, 2013, 07:42 PM
Here ia a link with more specs that I don't see posted here yet. Yes it comes with a 2000mAh 2S Li-Ion battery.

http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/aeroon.../e6-dx9-2.html
Aug 01, 2013, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarr
OK, I,m going to break my personal rules and pre-order.

Andy: 2 quick questions since the manual isn't on line yet. Is there a throttle/pitch curve available in the airplane menu and can the timer be throttle activated - two things I use often on my 12X.

Azarr
1) Yes.

2) Yes, both by stick and by servo position (same as DX8 and DX18).

Andy
Aug 01, 2013, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne
I see, so for the included battery are we looking at the 2000mAh NiMH battery that comes standard with the DX7s/DX8?
No. I think there is more info on the product pages. You'll have to check there. It's not NiMH.

Quote:
I think it'd be nice to have both options, periodic readings like for battery voltage, altitude, speed, etc.
Yes it does that. So let's say you have a low-speed alarm set to repeat every 30 seconds, and you have it on a switch to report immediately, and you have it on a voice alarm.

At some time X you hear a voltage report. At X+15 seconds the voltage alarm goes off, you throttle back and it clears. At X+45 you get a normal periodic voltage report (45 = 15 + 30). At X+55 you hit the switch for a manual report. At X+85 you get a normal periodic report. You throttle up at X+90 and get an immediate voltage report. That make sense?

Quote:
A pic earlier in the thread of a DX9 screen showed transmitter battery voltage at 7.9V and since the DX9 seems have a number of parts/features shared with the DX18 I thought it might also come with the standard 2s DX18 lipo but I was wrong.
It had a DX8 LiPo in it for that photo. The DX8 LiPo fits into the DX9, but not into the DX18, nor does a DX18 battery fit into the DX9.

Andy

Quick Reply