Mar 25, 2014, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busher
This is done in your dr and expo screen, you can select different curves etc and at the bottom of the screen you will find the switch selection, choose the flight mode switch, then highlight the switch box to select the curve for that flight mode,
Thank you.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 25, 2014, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyBigas
Is there a physical volume control on the DX18 V2? Tried to find an answer elsewhere but could not. Thanks.
It's just like the DX9. On the main screen press BACK and use the roller to adjust volume. Click and it tells you the volume you selected.

Andy
Mar 25, 2014, 11:15 AM
Electric baptism 1975
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
No, but I'll be easy to spot. I'll have on dark glasses, a wig, and will be surrounded by big guys in dark suits.

Andy
You'll be the one in shorts, right?

Mar 25, 2014, 11:20 AM
Need less hobbies, more toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
It's just like the DX9. On the main screen press BACK and use the roller to adjust volume. Click and it tells you the volume you selected.

Andy

OK. Thanks Andy.
Mar 25, 2014, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eghershey
Anyone notice....we made it to page 1000 and going very strong.
It depends on your page settings. I have mine set to 100 posts per page so I am on page 151.
Mar 25, 2014, 01:07 PM
AMA District VII AVP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfrazier
It depends on your page settings. I have mine set to 100 posts per page so I am on page 151.
15,000 posts.... ALOT to filter through to get anything meaningful
Mar 25, 2014, 01:17 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Use the search tool or pm other members you think would be able to help you.
Mar 25, 2014, 01:29 PM
I am new to the forum and just bought a DX9 so apologies if this is in the wrong place . I am trying to get the trainer function working. I have a full house sail plane set up which I have moved manually from my DX8. I have tried to use the DX8 has a slave but noticed that to get it all to work I had to change the direction of some of the servos. Is this normal and does it infer that if I am using the DX9 to fly a different model then I will need to check the servo directions on the DX8 first before I use the DX9 as a master? I did watch the redbaron video on Utube which suggests that no changes needed to be made on the slave transmitter. I am still very impressed with the DX9and realise that I am on a steep learning curve.
Mar 25, 2014, 01:30 PM
Major Electron Addiction

Question regarding trainer mode

First, loving the DX9. As much as I liked the DX18, I'm liking this radio a lot!

Have the wireless trainer all set up and everything works as it should. When I move the sticks on the master(DX9) the radio gives a short vibrate and voice alert "instructor has control". I'm trying to find a way to turn off the vibrate function.
I only want the voice notification. Can the vibrate be turned off? Thanks
Mar 25, 2014, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldj
Getting close to flying season, so really want to understand this.

So with my electric heli, I hit ThroCut, my motor stops? Works for me
If I turn on HOLD via a Flight Mode, my motor stops? I must be mistaken, but ......

Thanks,
Well, from the HELI mode perspective, HOLD has a pitch curve, CUT does not. With CUT, I presume you still get the pitch curve of the flight mode you're in, just no throttle.
Mar 25, 2014, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodsmith123
First, loving the DX9. As much as I liked the DX18, I'm liking this radio a lot!

Have the wireless trainer all set up and everything works as it should. When I move the sticks on the master(DX9) the radio gives a short vibrate and voice alert "instructor has control". I'm trying to find a way to turn off the vibrate function.
I only want the voice notification. Can the vibrate be turned off? Thanks
There's a screen to configure that stuff... It's on a NEXT option.

Andy
Mar 25, 2014, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
Well, from the HELI mode perspective, HOLD has a pitch curve, CUT does not. With CUT, I presume you still get the pitch curve of the flight mode you're in, just no throttle.
Correct. Because Hold is a flight mode and cut isn't.

Andy
Mar 25, 2014, 02:37 PM
Thread OP
For electrics, use both Hold and Cut as a safety feature. Then you have 2 switches to turn off the motor (and keep is off). So if you accidently switch one off (with your belly, for example), there is still one engaged. If you fool around with 90 size helis, it's good to have double security.

@Andy: I just had an idea about telemetry recording. I use the throttle cut switch to start/stop telemetry recording (esp. for helis). If I am about to crash, (not that it happened the last 2 years, but I am used to it from the gym sessions with the small Blades), I do the same, to reduce damage. So when it gets interesting, no more telemetry recording.
Would be cool if you could add a switch-off delay. Or maybe a switch-off condition like RPM zero or something like that.
Mar 25, 2014, 02:38 PM
How about using your throttle cut switch with One Time enabled?

Andy
Mar 25, 2014, 02:47 PM
Thread OP
I think switching off the radio with telemtry logging still running could cause damaged files. At least I once had a 0 byte file. Or does the radio take care of closing the file when switching off or change model ?

Quick Reply