Apr 18, 2021, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
Mix throttle into the 2nd motor channel at 100%, switched by the same switch you use for throttle cut. You want throttle cut applied to each of the motor channels.

Use mixes so that rudder input is applied to each motor so as to give differential input in the correct direction.

STRONGLY recommend that rudder input only decreases thrust on the motor on the inside of the turn, do not use it to increase thrust on the outside motor.
For what it's worth here's a solution to the problem of mixing for a twin and having a throttle cut for both (these are pages from the Rather Good Guide® for Programming the DX9 for Fixed-Wing Aircraft). EDIT: The relevant section starts at paragraph 2530.

If anyone knows how to improve the solution, I'd appreciate any comments.

Hope it helps.
Andy #3
Last edited by ajohnsonlaird; Apr 18, 2021 at 11:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 18, 2021, 11:23 AM

restore ALL models from SD Card

Got another DX8G2 for a backup. Copied all models from the old Tx to an SD card. Deleted all models on the new Tx. How do I transfer ALL the models on the SD card to the new Tx.
Sorry for the mistake. I found it.
Last edited by k88kramer; Apr 18, 2021 at 11:35 AM.
Apr 18, 2021, 11:29 AM
Quote:
"More than a few" is not "everyone".
Everyone would be several billion people.
Apr 18, 2021, 12:35 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnsonlaird

If anyone knows how to improve the solution, I'd appreciate any comments.

Andy #3
iX20 has an option for multi-engine. That is my solution.
Apr 18, 2021, 12:40 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan D
They are different types of measurements, "more than a few" could be "everyone"...
Not in this context.
Apr 18, 2021, 12:49 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
iX20 has an option for multi-engine. That is my solution.
the solution to any problem is throw more money at it..
Apr 18, 2021, 04:35 PM
Quote:

STRONGLY recommend that rudder input only decreases thrust on the motor on the inside of the turn, do not use it to increase thrust on the outside motor.
Totally agree! The last thing you want is to have the throttle stick at zero and have a motor come on when you add rudder.
Apr 18, 2021, 04:49 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petefoss
Totally agree! The last thing you want is to have the throttle stick at zero and have a motor come on when you add rudder.
also note that throttle cut does not cut both motors...so it is not safe anyway..
Apr 18, 2021, 04:54 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by ror1
also note that throttle cut does not cut both motors...so it is not safe anyway..
It does if you do it the way I described.
Apr 18, 2021, 04:56 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
It does if you do it the way I described.
ya right...spend the money to solve all problems...
Apr 18, 2021, 04:59 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
ya right...spend the money to solve all problems...
NO, the way I described using a DX9. Post #69071

Perhaps you should pay more attention instead of just thinking up snarky remarks.
Apr 18, 2021, 06:48 PM
I just got a DX-20 and one behavior seems very strange. I have owned many Spektrum radios before, and if I change something (for example a few clicks of trim, etc.), I can cycle power on the radio, and it comes back with whatever changes I made. This is true of pretty much everything – any programming change I make in Servo Setup, Flap Setup, Flight Modes, etc., seem to be stored in non-volatile memory immediately after I make the change. I can power the radio off/on and my latest changes are always there.

But the DX-20 (with Airware 2.07) doesn’t work this way. It seems to restore the model from the SD-Card at EVERY power up. If I want ANY change to be retained, I have to go to System Menu->Transfer SD Card->Export. If I export the model this way, then I can power cycle the radio and whatever changes I made are retained. But if I don’t Export the model to SD Card before powering off, any change I made since the last power-on are lost.

Is this just a new “feature” of Airware? Is there some system setting I am missing that controls this?
Apr 18, 2021, 07:43 PM
FPV'r
Quote:
NO, the way I described using a DX9. Post #69071

Perhaps you should pay more attention instead of just thinking up snarky remarks.
all i saw was ref to ix20

excuse me for not searching the other 70000 messages for your words of wisdom...i will check it out
thanks
Apr 18, 2021, 08:06 PM
A top radio should offer convenience and safety of use. That's why I'm surprised that the DX9 offers wing type functions but not multi-motor selection type for fixed wing models when there are some very many twin and four motor bomber models around. I think I have 9-10 such models including a 3 motor JU-52 and they all need mix programming for rudder to motors. What a pain.
Motor cut, trimming and channel selection for twins+ should be made easy and reliable. 20% of throttle to rudder input should be safely enough for a scale model with no rudder mixing when below say the bottom 30-40% of your throttle. This is so you can't cut out one side when low throttle and stall it.
Apr 18, 2021, 08:52 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
all i saw was ref to ix20

excuse me for not searching the other 70000 messages for your words of wisdom...i will check it out
thanks
It was posted today. Hardly a difficult search.

Try being helpful and not snarky.

Quick Reply