Jul 31, 2013, 10:45 AM
Thread OP
FAQ

Spektrum DX6(G2/G3/e),DX7(G2),DX8(G2/e),DX9,DX18G2,DX18T,DX20 Questions and Answers

Edit:

Please notice: This thread is about the new Spektrum radio lineup which came out after the DX8 and DX7s.

All Spektrum radios with speech, which are DX6 (G2 and G3, the black ones), DX7 (G2, the black one), DX8 (G2, the black one), DX9 (no matter which colour ), DX18G2 and Stealth Edition, DX18t (only available in Europe), the new top model DX20 and also the speechless DX6e/DX10t/DX18/DX18QQ have the same codebase, so most questions and answers apply to all of these radios.
The older radios (DX18, DX18QQ and DX10t) have no speech functionality and no wireless trainer, but the same software features.

The following radios are NOT covered: DX8, DX7s and every other Spektrum radio without SD card slot.

Please also notice that all radios imported to Europe from the beginning of 2015 do not support DSM2 anymore due to European regulations. US and the rest of the world are not affected.

So let's start the fun.

I heard a rumor in a german forum about this:

If it is shopped, then congratulations to the shopper. Looks like a product photo. Every detail perfect.
Display like the DX18, diversity, speech, wireless buddy-boxing, ....

If it is real then I am pissed.
I also heard in the german forum I should wait for tomorrow.
Would explain the sellout on the DX8 kits with RX.
Last edited by Mukenukem; Jan 17, 2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Added some explanation which radios are covered
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2013, 10:55 AM
Suspended Account
Deleted text.
Last edited by seagate; Aug 01, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Jul 31, 2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem

If it is shopped, then congratulations to the shopper. Looks like a product photo. Every detail perfect.

No sliders....no go for me. That would be a HUGE miss....
Jul 31, 2013, 11:14 AM
Still same old locked in designs... aren't you bored to wait for a new bone from big brands over and over ?
Jul 31, 2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:

Wow.Very interesting.What forum did you find the pic on? And the details? Looks like it could bridge the gap between the 8 and 18. I take it all with a grain of salt though.Its not the first time something was announced out of Germany that didnt materialize.
Does it seem credible or maybe just a photoshop?
Jul 31, 2013, 12:17 PM
Thread OP
To me it looks real. Too good to be shopped, imho.
Seems they are catching up. Bought a MX16 and tried to duplicate the functions
Wireless buddyboxing, speech, no showstoppers.

Picture came from a forum user on rc-heli.de. No info where he got it. Just told me I should wait until tomorrow....
Jul 31, 2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by renatoa
Still same old locked in designs... aren't you bored to wait for a new bone from big brands over and over ?
Welcome back - here to spread the Spektrum love again I see.

It appears you are a fan of the FrSky Taranis but I must admit this box looks MANY ordinals better than that. And at the core I bet that the DX9 will balance on the neck strap - something rather important for a new design.

So who is the design leader and sets the high water mark now renatoa?

I think it looks great - a blend of good functionality and modern. And at least it is not orange - LOL.

Mike
Jul 31, 2013, 12:42 PM
Ok.I couldnt find a definite link.Was it here?

http://www.rc-heli.de/board/showthread.php?t=228590
Jul 31, 2013, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagate
I know nothing about crap products from spektrum I only know the new Graupner radios will be available before end August...

[]
I do you fly model airplanes?
Last edited by richard hanson; Jul 31, 2013 at 01:40 PM.
Jul 31, 2013, 01:47 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal
Ok.I couldnt find a definite link.Was it here?

http://www.rc-heli.de/board/showthread.php?t=228590
Well done
Jul 31, 2013, 03:29 PM
Suspended Account
Just saw this on Runryder.
Jul 31, 2013, 03:38 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
.... If it is real then I am pissed. ...
Why?
Jul 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
Thread OP
Let's see if I am pissed if the features are official
Jul 31, 2013, 04:28 PM
How come people in German know this first not US....it look nice just missing the S (DSX9)anyway let wait for official announment from Spektrum.
Jul 31, 2013, 04:31 PM
Surface, Air & Water Rc Toys..
Quote:
Let's see if I am pissed if the features are official
Would it be in regards to the voice?

Quick Reply