Aug 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Here is my case for the Dual Powerlab. Note that the unit in these pictures is prototype used in the beta program. Production units will have a fit and finish more like the Powerlab6 and Powerlab8.

More pictures can be found here https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post25817455

to remove ads between posts
Oct 03, 2013, 03:40 PM
"Input Voltage: Each channel may be operated on separate power supplies using 110V/15A isolated circuits for best results. Additionally both channels may be operated on one power supply provided packs on each channel are isolated."

How do you isolate the packs on each channel when using one power supply?

What are the interior dimensions of your box?
Last edited by tulz43; Oct 03, 2013 at 03:50 PM.
Oct 03, 2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
How do you isolate the packs on each channel when using one power supply?
The packs connected to each channel are normally isolated. But there is supported configuration where the packs on each channel are wired in series. See the Powerlab8 manual Configuration H, page 26. I wouldn't recommend this configuration and see no benefit.

Quote:
What are the interior dimensions of your box
Here's the link to the case. It doesn't list interior dimensions. Case side and padding are a tad over 1/4 inch thick.
http://www.harborfreight.com/18-x-12...ase-69318.html
Oct 03, 2013, 11:35 PM
Any reason you did not include a LCD display and allow the charger to combine the entire charger to charger higher than 40 amps?
Oct 04, 2013, 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie500 View Post
Any reason you did not include a LCD display?
The charger displays input voltage and current so that wasn't required, unless I wanted to supplement the displays. I was planning on adding on adding an AC current meter. But ran out of time. I may go back and add one later.

Quote:
and allow the charger to combine the entire charger to charger higher than 40 amps?
The output channels cannot be combined for higher current and I'm not sure why you would need to. The only scenario I can think if is parallel charging. I'd rather split the packs across the channels anyway since I can.
Oct 16, 2013, 08:28 PM
DPL User Manual has been posted. http://www.revolectrix.com/dpl_links_tab.htm
Oct 16, 2013, 09:14 PM
Here's the direct link to the manual:

http://revolectrix.com/support_docs/item_1431.pdf
Oct 18, 2013, 07:42 PM
Any idea when the DPL8 calculator will be available?
Oct 23, 2013, 03:34 PM
It's too quiet in here. Time to get the countdown started!

When will the DPL8's be shipping? Do we have an official ship date yet?
Oct 23, 2013, 04:06 PM
The updated ETA is early November.
Oct 23, 2013, 04:52 PM
November is only a little over a week away!
Nov 02, 2013, 12:28 PM
www.solidhobby.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
Hi,

You are good to go with 4 x 12.2 = 48.8 volts. We will update the maximum input voltage after we complete further testing.

What is the chemistry and cell count of the packs you are looking to charge?
What about 4x12.5v for a total of 50v? Would that be pushing it too high?
Nov 02, 2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocanon View Post
What about 4x12.5v for a total of 50v? Would that be pushing it too high?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos View Post
We will update the maximum input voltage after we complete further testing.
The testing has not been completed.
Nov 02, 2013, 01:41 PM
www.solidhobby.com
Thanks, I was asking for someone else. By looking at the manual it looks like you get the max benefit at 39.53v (page 76). I could put 3x12.5v in series for a total input voltage of 37.5v. Seeing as how that is only about 2 volts below I wonder how much benefit would truly be gained by going to 50v even if it is possible? I am guessing not much.
Nov 02, 2013, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocanon View Post
By looking at the manual it looks like you get the max benefit at 39.53v (page 76). I could put 3x12.5v in series for a total input voltage of 37.5v.
You also have to factor in the charging scenario. If the largest cell count you are ever going to charge is 6s then you only need about 30v to max out the charger. 35v for 7s. For most charging scenarios three 12v supplies in series will get the job done, both for current requirements and buck/boost transitions.

Going to 48v will lower the input current which reduces the stress and requirements on the input connectors and wires. This makes the charger more tolerant of less than perfect soldering work, lower quality connectors and under performing wiring.

Quick Reply