Introducing the NEW Cellpro Dual PowerLab 8x2 from Revolectrix - Page 5 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Dec 06, 2013, 01:23 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift
Another design triumph for fma!

Are you listening Wee Ghose Yu!
No tail yanking. But you will get a PM!
to remove ads between posts
Dec 06, 2013, 01:30 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99
No tail yanking. But you will get a PM!
Ouch!

Hu Phlung Dung sent me a bm, er pm!

Disclaimer. This is a joke.
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Dec 06, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Dec 06, 2013, 03:11 PM
Sindland MC SAA
Here is the link to the DPL CCS:

http://www.revolectrix.com/new_appli..._software.html
Dec 06, 2013, 03:13 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Matos
And, this, Howard, is no joke!
Dec 06, 2013, 05:15 PM
I ran into a couple of minor "glitches".
First, on the netbook running Win XP, which has the Vista charger, Bantam Charger, and Castle USB/ serial adapters setup, one of those drivers was automatically detected when I installed the DPL CCS software. Not too surprised, I pulled the correct driver for the PL adapter and installed it. Then restarting the CCS software, and so forth, the correct drivers were configured by windows, etc. Powering up the DPL 8 produced the expected results.

One quibble that pertains to some netbook XP displays. The vertical resolution is less than desired for the program to display properly. Since the main program window can be re-sized, at the expense of not displaying the lower part, it's an annoyance, not a "killer".
The ability to scroll the main window would be welcome. Or, it might be re-sized if it scales accordingly.

I'd also like to see the ability to display multiple graphs at a time, display size permitting.
Dec 06, 2013, 07:01 PM
I don't get any PMs....
Dec 06, 2013, 07:05 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohmic
I don't get any PMs....
Yeah, they treat me special. I think my Chinese nemeses put donkey Bain in a firmware upgrade once. Hey, just cause I'm paranoid don't mean they are after me!
Last edited by JohnathanSwift; Dec 06, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
Dec 15, 2013, 03:38 PM
BVH
BVH
In reading the Dual 8 manual, it would appear as though configuring it in Expansion mode would work best for my main use. The main use is to charge a split pack of LiFeP04 Prismatic, 100 Ah bricks. 9 cells total used to power a 28 Volt searchlight. They will be configured in 2 carry cases - 4 cells in one and 5 cells in the other. Even though they are different Voltages, I would connect the 4-cell pack to Channel 1 and the 5-cell pack to channel 2 and use the CCS to control both channels. Seems like the perfect solution. I have a 40V/70Amp supply and am limiting the charge per channel to 30 Amps due to mfg standard charge recommendation. My question is that I cannot determine if the male-to-male servo and "Y" servo interconnect cables come with the charger. I don't see either of those cables on the Revo USA site for purchase.

EDIT: Found them
Last edited by BVH; Dec 15, 2013 at 03:47 PM.
Dec 20, 2013, 09:50 PM
BVH
BVH
Deleted
Last edited by BVH; Dec 20, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Jan 10, 2014, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99
...I have four of the DSP-600PBs. When I get time, I'll set up the config and give it a test run.
Have you had a chance to test with 4 DPS-600PBs at 50v? I know how to mod it to bring the voltage down if needs be, but if it works fine on 50v then there is no need to do the extra mod.
Jan 10, 2014, 02:41 PM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocanon
Have you had a chance to test with 4 DPS-600PBs at 50v? I know how to mod it to bring the voltage down if needs be, but if it works fine on 50v then there is no need to do the extra mod.
No, sorry. Its been a busy holiday. But I can tell you the DPL hits the over voltage protection at 53v. To accommodate the regulation issues on most supplies, the resting supply voltage should no higher than 51v.
Jan 14, 2014, 04:31 AM
hey guys, i have a pl8 v2 and i am really interested in acquiring a pl8 duo, but have heard this charger has had a few issues. i was wondering if someone could give me a quick idea what is going on. i don't want to buy an expensive charger to be unhappy. thanks a lot.
Jan 14, 2014, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tFly
hey guys, i have a pl8 v2 and i am really interested in acquiring a pl8 duo, but have heard this charger has had a few issues. i was wondering if someone could give me a quick idea what is going on. i don't want to buy an expensive charger to be unhappy. thanks a lot.
I've had 2 PL8's since they first came out and now have a DPL8x2 as well. I'm not aware of any issues. What issues are you referring to?
Jan 14, 2014, 06:30 AM
I dont know actually. I read a comment here in rcgroups about some firmware issues if im not mistaken. Have you owned an icharger? If so, which one and how do you compare it to pl8? Thanks
Jan 14, 2014, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tFly
I dont know actually. I read a comment here in rcgroups about some firmware issues if im not mistaken. Have you owned an icharger? If so, which one and how do you compare it to pl8? Thanks
I am one of the DPL8 beta testers and am not aware of any firmware issues.
Can you please locate the source of that comment and post it to me? I can tell you that the DPL8 is an excellent charger. The manufacturing quality is first class. The charger is very easy to use as you can set up presets for specific batteries and charge with only one or two button pushes. On the other hand it is extremely versatile as you can manipulate virtually all the charge/discharging parameters.

I own an iCharger 206B. It is a fine charger for a medium range charger. Of course you cannot compare it to a PL8 or DPL8 as it is a 250 watt charger.

Glen