This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 02, 2014, 04:55 AM
question?? with the central box 200, i have 3 satellites, 1 is the switch. I can turn on and off the airplane radio from my Jeti DS 16 (pretty cool!!!!!)
i want to test the failsafe. ?
currently, if i turn on the Tx radio, turn on the airplane Rx system,
and if i then turn off the Tx, the airplane radio turns off.
I thought that airplane radio should remain on
how do i change it to stay on when there is loss of signal?
to remove ads between posts
May 07, 2014, 11:10 AM
pull the switch out of the Cbox, then turnoff transmitter
Aug 08, 2014, 12:56 AM

JR Flight Mode thinking is messing me up!

I need help with my flight modes please. I have most of them working but I can't be doing it right. Here are the basics, if one of you guys give a walk thru, I should be able to get the rest working:

Flight Mode: Takeoff
Rates- Ail/Ele/Rud 100%
Flaps - 30%
On Throttle Up- Delay to 100%

Flight Mode: Level
Rates - Ail/Ele/Rud 70%
Flaps 0%
Throttle - Manual, no delay

Flight Mode: Land
Rates: a/e/r 100%
Flaps 80%
Throttle Manual

I am setting everything individually to the same switch positions; flight modes, rate changes, voice..So whats the point of the Flight Modes? I am sure that I am missing something.
Thanks,
MosFetMan
Mar 16, 2015, 02:02 PM
Ramon

Throttle to Elevator mix

Hello all,

we have DS16. we fly Imac so we will need lots of mixing like for example, programming a throttle to elevator mix for the straight down lines. The mix should turn on only in the last portion of the down throttle, the last 10 or 15% of the stick.

Another mixes are:

Rudder to elevator
Rudder to aileron.

we thanks in advanced the help that someone can offer us.

Imac group in South Florida with new Jeti.

Ramon
Mar 16, 2015, 02:15 PM
You can start

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ostcount=11838

and here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1964545

Many ways to do he same thing in the Jeti Tx
Mar 17, 2015, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzubiria
Hello all,

we have DS16. we fly Imac so we will need lots of mixing like for example, programming a throttle to elevator mix for the straight down lines. The mix should turn on only in the last portion of the down throttle, the last 10 or 15% of the stick.

Another mixes are:

Rudder to elevator
Rudder to aileron.

we thanks in advanced the help that someone can offer us.

Imac group in South Florida with new Jeti.

Ramon
Puttputt already pointed you to the other mixes but since I didn't see a downline mix in the links he posted, these screen shots should explain it. I leave my downline mix on at all times but you can easily assign a switch to enable / disable it if you prefer. Also, when first setting it up, you can assign one of the knobs in the switch field and that will allow you to tune your downline mix in flight. Just start with a Master value you know will be too large such as 5%, assign a knob such as P8 as a proportional control so that it reads from 0 through 100 and you should see the resulting mix value in () next to the master value change from 0 to 5% as you turn the knob . Fly some downlines and keep adjusting the knob until it comes down nice and straight. Leave the knob at the best setting and after you land, edit the mix, and change the master value to match the number in (), disable the knob and you're mix is set in a single flight....

Wayne
Mar 18, 2015, 01:14 PM
Ramon
Hello Wayne and Putt....,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have a couple more questions:

1. I programmed my Rudder to Elevator and ailerons using this way: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1964545, (Using Logic Switches). I couldn't used the Free Mix option for this because only one surface (one side) moved when applying rudder. For this mix, which one do you use? (The logical switch one)

2. I fly with flights modes, total 5 (Snap, Hammerhead, Roll, Normal, Landing) For the mixes, specially the throttle to elevator one, I don't use it or I turn it out in the landing mode. How do I program this, to use the mixes in certain mode and other not?

Thanks,

Ramon
Mar 18, 2015, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzubiria
Hello Wayne and Putt....,

Thanks a lot for your help. I have a couple more questions:

1. I programmed my Rudder to Elevator and ailerons using this way: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1964545, (Using Logic Switches). I couldn't used the Free Mix option for this because only one surface (one side) moved when applying rudder. For this mix, which one do you use? (The logical switch one)

2. I fly with flights modes, total 5 (Snap, Hammerhead, Roll, Normal, Landing) For the mixes, specially the throttle to elevator one, I don't use it or I turn it out in the landing mode. How do I program this, to use the mixes in certain mode and other not?

Thanks,

Ramon
Ramon,

I'm currently using 2 mixes for Rudder to Elevator with logic switches to prevent them from interacting. Basically what I showed in posts 51 and 52 of the thread you referenced. I also showed Rudder to Aileron mixes as well but my plane doesn't actually need any Rudder to Aileron mixing.

I also have a similar flight mode setup to what you describe. I use switch A to select my flight modes but any 3 position switch would work. This is what I implemented.

Sa, position 1: I use this position for Take Offs and landing.

Sa, position 2: This is my IMAC position and is where my Snap Roll, HammerHead and Spin modes are active. I have logical switches to detect stick inputs for Snaps, Spins and Hammerheads and adjust dual rates to optimize them for each maneuver.

Sa , position 3: This is my 3D position and travels on all controls are maxed out..

Since I like to fly with my idle raised except when landing, I use throttle curves, also selected by Sa with the takeoff and landing position selecting a throttle curve that has the lowest point set to 0. All other positions of Sa select a curve that has the lowest point set to about 3% to raise the idle slightly.

I personally always leave the Throttle to Elevator / Downline mix active as it's only about 1% or 2% and I don't notice any problems with it always being on but it could easily be controlled by only enabling it in my IMAC position (Sa position 2) or by enabling it in position 1 and then pressing the reverse key which I believe will make it active in positions 2 & 3.

That is of course tailored to how I have my flight modes configured but hopefully my descriptions will give you the info you need to change it to meet your needs.

If you have questions don't hesitate to ask..

Wayne
Mar 18, 2015, 05:09 PM
Notmuch to add to the last post.

I have my throttle idle up/down on a push button switch on my left stick but I fly tray DC-16. I guess you could have the same on a switch.
Apr 27, 2015, 02:25 PM
Thank you both, Wayne and PPM for posting this. It is very very helpful!
Apr 27, 2015, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Notmuch to add to the last post.

I have my throttle idle up/down on a push button switch on my left stick but I fly tray DC-16. I guess you could have the same on a switch.
Actually, I have recently started using a momentary toggle switch pressed once to select high idle, pressed again to select low idle. A voice command says which is selected, each time it's toggled or whenever I tilt the transmitter left/right.
I decided I liked this better than a regular toggle switch as my switch and switch position of choice for high idle felt like it interfered with my access to my flight mode switch. I like the flip flop type behavior of it much better now.

I've also started using the idle up function to raise the idle instead of a throttle curve for each flight mode. If I need a throttle curve, it's simpler to use Function Curve and set it up once and leave it Global. I tend to try different things when I set up a new model and if I decide I like something better, will often go back and update all the models to be the same.

Wayne
May 19, 2015, 08:35 AM
Byron C
I'm setting up my first 100cc IMAC plane and contemplating dual receivers. I.e. a pair of R9 with each receiver controlling one half of the airframe, with a more or less standard servo arrangement of (4x) Ail, (2x) Elv, (1x) Rud, (1x) Throttle servo, plus Opto-kill.

Something like this:

R9 RCVR-1: Left Ail., Right Elev., Throttle

R9 RCVR-2: Right Ail., Left Elev., Rud., Opto-kill

Question, is anyone doing this? Or does this method make setting up mixes problematic or super complex?

Any info, pointers, etc., much appreciated
May 19, 2015, 08:57 AM
It can be done but if you are looking for ultimate safety a CB200 would be best. See chart below which is a translation of the one done by the Jeti French importer (Thanks Geoff)
May 24, 2015, 02:56 PM
Ramon
3deltafly,

don't think about it, go with the CB200. I fly imac too, and it works great. Also, we have learned to program the radio for this type of flying. Very good radio.

Ramon
Apr 07, 2017, 03:36 PM
Ramon
Hello,

I tried to change the throtle trim to P8 but the trim is not moving. I would like to do this because it will be easier to start a turbine. The trim numbers are not moving, it stay in -100%. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. I am following the instruction posted by PuttPuttmaru. Thanks in advanced for your help.

Ramon

Quick Reply