This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 05, 2013, 07:47 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!

Vario

I have just started to work with the MVario.

Anyone else working with this unit?

It is a very useful item for getting to know a new ALES model's characteristics.

I have set mine up so that I can switch the vario signal on and off, set the height reporting on or off, and set the altitude warning limit too.

So far I have only used it in my "test-bed" Radian, but it will be going into my "Penumbra" soon.

For such a small unit it is a very capable device. The dimensions are smaller than a CAM, RAM2 and a Altis 4. Amazing!!

Iain
to remove ads between posts
May 15, 2014, 09:27 PM
I own a Sky Assistant Vario. Just bought the DS-16 with MVario (and GPS, just for fun in my Eagle 3.6).
The Mvario weighs only .2oz. The Sky Assistant weighs about .6, and requires a handheld radio receiver (which receives a bit of static too).
Looking forward to first flight the Jeti and Mvario this weekend. The MVario sounds a little all over the place in a Youtube video I watched. It sounded like the model is rocketing upward one second and not, the next second. Not a gradual increase or decreasing tone I am used to.
I have configured the dead zone to -.25 ~ +.25 m/s, and the momentary switch to read Altitude, then climb rate, then receiver voltage. And when switch SF is flipped, the altitude is read out every 60 seconds.
I had a hard time getting the SkyAssistant to read altitude WHEN I wanted it to. Sometimes I would wait a long time for the reading. Sometimes it would read it over and over so that I couldn't hear the vario beeps. So I love the Mvario so far. Just have to see it (and hear it) in action!
May 16, 2014, 03:29 PM
rev.iain, How do you get a push button on a stick? I think I have also seen a stick with a lever on top of it. I would like to have a lever or button on a stick.
May 16, 2014, 10:49 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!

Stick top push buttons

Esprit has the stick top with the switch on their website. They are fairly easy to install, but be careful with the soldering to the pcb, it takes a small soldering iron and a steady hand.

Here is the link, go about 3/4 way down the page: http://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-tran...cessories.aspx

Iain
Last edited by rev.iain; May 16, 2014 at 10:52 PM. Reason: added info.
May 17, 2014, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetiFXJ
rev.iain, How do you get a push button on a stick? I think I have also seen a stick with a lever on top of it. I would like to have a lever or button on a stick.
Have a look at this thread for a video and a few pics and advice

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....highlight=Push
Nov 25, 2016, 01:59 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Here's something a little different for those of us that fly sailplanes in ALES or F5J contest and are looking for alternative motor controls. This also shows the versatility of the Jeti radio versus any other brand of radio out there.

For ALES contest all I'm looking for is a switch for motor control so I added a push button switch. However, I noticed the button sits too high above the switch nut for my liking. I was always worried I'd accidently hit the button while flying. The solution was to machine the sides of the switch nut and then add a second plastic nut that effectively extends the nut height even with the button. Now it takes a little effort to actuate the switch. See photos.

For F5J contest I wanted a proportional motor control so I can cruse around looking for thermals. I never use the right slider for anything so I removed it and mounted it on the back plate and added two stops. Now I have the best for both situations, on/off for ALES, and proportional for F5J. The only other change I'm going to make is adding a lock-out switch for the proportional control. I'm afraid I could easily bump that while flying. See photos.
May 17, 2017, 11:42 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Jeti famiy and have a few questions. I mainly fly F3F and will be setting up my planes using the Jeti DS-16.
6 servo sailplane w/ 2 ailerons, 2 flaps, and v-tail, no motor.

I've begun initial model setup as follows:

1. Basic properties - wing type: 2 flaps, 2 ailerons. Tail type: V-Tail
2. Servo Assignment - 1. Aileron 1, 2. Flap 1, 3. Aileron 2, 4. Flap 2, 5. Elevator 1, 6. Elevator 2 (should this be Rudder?)
3. Functions Assignment - Ailerons P1, Elevator P2, Rudder P3, Flaps P4

Have the following mixes also:

1. Ailerons to flaps
2. Ailerons to rudder
3. Elevator to flaps and Elevator to Ailerons ("Snap Flap")

Flight modes:

1. Landing on P4 w/ offset
2. Speed on switch SB (forward)
3. Cruise on switch SB (back)

Look about right so far?

Thanks,

B
May 17, 2017, 12:15 PM
∑(No,12k,Lg,17Mif)
Brandon, I'm new to Jeti too. Everything looks right to me based on how I set my models up. I got some tips from Dave Olson and picked up a few other tips from reading the large Jeti thread. A few I will pass along include how to setup flap differential (post #14149) and using function curve to change the center point of your flap servos (post#20853) . Good luck!

Vic
May 17, 2017, 12:49 PM
Brandon, this might be useful to you on the Jeti site:

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...up-of-a-model/
May 17, 2017, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
Brandon, this might be useful to you on the Jeti site:

http://www.jetimodel.com/en/DC-16-am...up-of-a-model/
Yes, I have that as well...Thank you!
May 17, 2017, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Slope Pilot
Brandon, I'm new to Jeti too. Everything looks right to me based on how I set my models up. I got some tips from Dave Olson and picked up a few other tips from reading the large Jeti thread. A few I will pass along include how to setup flap differential (post #14149) and using function curve to change the center point of your flap servos (post#20853) . Good luck!

Vic
Thanks Vic!
May 17, 2017, 05:59 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Hi Brandon,

I can send you a good setup for a six servo plane. You'll need to change it from cross tail to v tail but everything else will work for you..

Send me you email address and I'll send the file.

Best,
Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the Jeti famiy and have a few questions. I mainly fly F3F and will be setting up my planes using the Jeti DS-16.
6 servo sailplane w/ 2 ailerons, 2 flaps, and v-tail, no motor.

I've begun initial model setup as follows:

1. Basic properties - wing type: 2 flaps, 2 ailerons. Tail type: V-Tail
2. Servo Assignment - 1. Aileron 1, 2. Flap 1, 3. Aileron 2, 4. Flap 2, 5. Elevator 1, 6. Elevator 2 (should this be Rudder?)
3. Functions Assignment - Ailerons P1, Elevator P2, Rudder P3, Flaps P4

Have the following mixes also:

1. Ailerons to flaps
2. Ailerons to rudder
3. Elevator to flaps and Elevator to Ailerons ("Snap Flap")

Flight modes:

1. Landing on P4 w/ offset
2. Speed on switch SB (forward)
3. Cruise on switch SB (back)

Look about right so far?

Thanks,

B
May 17, 2017, 06:09 PM
Jim,

Much appreciated and no offense, but I really am trying to learn this on my own so
that I can completely understand the radio and how it works. Can you tell me if I'm
on the right track as far as my initial setup goes?

Thank you Sir!

Brandon

QUOTE=Jim Frahm;37542947]Hi Brandon,

I can send you a good setup for a six servo plane. You'll need to change it from cross tail to v tail but everything else will work for you..

Send me you email address and I'll send the file.

Best,
Jim[/QUOTE]
May 18, 2017, 03:38 PM
Another question......

Trying to program adjustable camber to the left side slider P6 where the flaps and ailerons come down proportional to the slider.

Suggestions on how to do this?

B
May 18, 2017, 05:28 PM
MSgt, USAF Ret.
Use your free mixes.

P6 to ailerons
P6 to flaps

Quick Reply