This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 29, 2013, 11:06 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Voice/Sounds & Timers (Post Your Files)

First thread is dedicated to organizing and cataloging your Inputs & Suggestions.

Zb/Esprit Model
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2013, 03:57 PM
NHENRY

British (english) Jeti sounds

Hello, I have put some considerable time in compiling a british (English) sound-bank for my jeti transmitter. It would be wasted to keep the files to myself and thought i would share them. So please feel free to use them.......

I have sent them to jeti also to publish to the larger community!

Dropbox link = https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3mgxc81qh812srq/L_2orn41sq

Enjoy :-)
Aug 03, 2013, 02:47 PM
Soaring Circuits

Timer Question

Ok I'll try posting in this forum. Hope somebody sees it.

I set up a timer on my motor switch and selected Voice for Report Type. I edited the TimerV.jsn file and added my own wav files and got it set up exactly the way I want. It's a very powerful and flexible way to set up audible timers.

The question I have is, it appears that there's only the one jsn file available for timers. Is there a way to have multiple timers pointing to different jsn files? When you choose Voice for Report Type, I don't see a way to make it point to anything other than TimerV.jsn.

Randy
Aug 04, 2013, 05:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbrust
Ok I'll try posting in this forum. Hope somebody sees it.

I set up a timer on my motor switch and selected Voice for Report Type. I edited the TimerV.jsn file and added my own wav files and got it set up exactly the way I want. It's a very powerful and flexible way to set up audible timers.

The question I have is, it appears that there's only the one jsn file available for timers. Is there a way to have multiple timers pointing to different jsn files? When you choose Voice for Report Type, I don't see a way to make it point to anything other than TimerV.jsn.

Randy
Not yet it's being considered in one of the next software releases.

Zb/Esprit Model
Aug 06, 2013, 12:44 AM
Goes to eleven!
Yes - multiple voice notice for different aspects would be great!
I plan to use 3 position spring loaded switches to activate different voice telemetries.

Joe
Aug 06, 2013, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N Henry
Hello, I have put some considerable time in compiling a british (English) sound-bank for my jeti transmitter. It would be wasted to keep the files to myself and thought i would share them. So please feel free to use them.......

N Henry ... nice!

Thanks for putting in the time and effort to compile this. I have indeed downloaded them to my JETI folder on my PC for future reference / use.

I contemplated purchasing ivona but the software was US$129 - which seemed a bit steep to me just for one application (DS-16).

Cheers.
Dale.
Aug 06, 2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:

N Henry - thanks for this!

I've downloaded this to my PC in case I have a future need. I found that iVona software to be a bit pricey for only one application.

Thanks again,
Dale.
Aug 06, 2013, 11:37 PM
Goes to eleven!
Henry,
Thanks so much for taking the time to develop and share these files!

Joe

Quote:

Aug 07, 2013, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdalemerce
N Henry - thanks for this!

I've downloaded this to my PC in case I have a future need. I found that iVona software to be a bit pricey for only one application.

Thanks again,
Dale.
Hi,

there is a 30 Days Trial on the Ivona - website. Should give you a good feeling if the software is what you need.

regards

gecko
Aug 07, 2013, 08:18 AM
Soaring Circuits
You may want to take a look at Acapela, more specifically, Acapela Box. Link is here.

I've been using it for a while and it works very nicely. You basically pay for how many characters you want. You can get 715 characters for about $5-$6. You have a choice of voices (I use Heather) and you can listen to and fine tune your speech as much as you want before you actually create and download the .wav file.

Randy
Aug 07, 2013, 02:17 PM
"Fly"Fisherman
Or...
ATT "natural voices" works great and is free up to a point. There is a limit as to how many files you can download. I haven't reached it yet...

http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php

Asher
Aug 23, 2013, 07:44 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!

Jack?

Is the jack on the DC-16 Mono or Stereo?

I read something about it somewhere but don't remember where, and the manual is silent on that issue.

Thanks

Iain
Aug 23, 2013, 08:24 PM
Michael

PPM Jack

There have been posts that, IIRC, RealFlight uses the mono jack and Phoenix uses the stereo jack, but I do not know the wiring connections. There may be a post, somewhere.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev.iain
Is the jack on the DC-16 Mono or Stereo?

I read something about it somewhere but don't remember where, and the manual is silent on that issue.

Thanks

Iain
Aug 23, 2013, 08:57 PM
Mesa AZ, it's a dry heat!

Jack

I am really interested in the audio jack on the front, not a PPM out for a Sim.

Iain
Aug 23, 2013, 09:11 PM
Michael

Sorry

My error - read your message too fast.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev.iain
I am really interested in the audio jack on the front, not a PPM out for a Sim.

Iain

Quick Reply