This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 06, 2020, 09:54 AM
i have several problems of signal, the antenas is on 5 to 8 values but the Q is up and down all day long
i have 2 fail safe but i dont recover the model at the last one, never rebot
I dont know if is a signal problem or a set up problem
i use rex7 and sat, on clone mode whit ds16
i fell super desapointed
to remove ads between posts
Jan 06, 2020, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignacioguido
i have several problems of signal, the antenas is on 5 to 8 values but the Q is up and down all day long
i have 2 fail safe but i dont recover the model at the last one, never rebot
I dont know if is a signal problem or a set up problem
i use rex7 and sat, on clone mode whit ds16
i fell super desapointed
Define "Q is up and down". Is it dropping below 20%

You said you had fail-safes but last one didn't reboot. The receiver should never "reboot". A reboot indicates a loss of power to the receiver, not a loss of signal. How do you know it went into fail-safe? did it say "Signal loss" or receiver reboot ? Did you actually have no control ? Did your throttle go to the pre-set fail-safe (idle or off) ? Basically all I could understand is that you're having a problem but I really don't have any details about what happened, how far away the airplane was, what type of airplane or anything else. I'm not trying to be critical but without more information, no one will be able to help you.
Jan 06, 2020, 03:20 PM
In search of speed......
Wayne he post on FB as well....I’m guessing he’s got a power power problems from the photo he post....somebody ask for a photo of the power telemetry didn’t see it yet...
Mar 27, 2020, 05:44 PM
Hello all.
I'm having issues with my new CB220 with 2 R3 receivers and DS16 transmitter. The problem only appears when I select to MIXING under switchover strategy. The options are Timeout 150ms, Timeout 80ms and mixing. When mixing is selected the servos move very erratic, servo arm movements are jumpy and seem to lock up at times. seems to work normal on 80ms and 150ms. I also have a CB200. I tried the mixing setting on it and see no problems. I am running the latest firmware on all the devises. I spoke to the Jeti tech at Esprit model. I really didn't like his answer. He just told me that he only flies with 80ms. Can someone please try this setting (mixing) and see how servos respond.
Thanks
Mar 27, 2020, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by a25afm
Hello all.
I'm having issues with my new CB220 with 2 R3 receivers and DS16 transmitter. The problem only appears when I select to MIXING under switchover strategy. The options are Timeout 150ms, Timeout 80ms and mixing. When mixing is selected the servos move very erratic, servo arm movements are jumpy and seem to lock up at times. seems to work normal on 80ms and 150ms. I also have a CB200. I tried the mixing setting on it and see no problems. I am running the latest firmware on all the devises. I spoke to the Jeti tech at Esprit model. I really didn't like his answer. He just told me that he only flies with 80ms. Can someone please try this setting (mixing) and see how servos respond.
Thanks
I saw someone else report the exact same thing recently so it's not a figment of your imagination.

I assume it will be fixed but for now I'd just select one of the other switchover strategies until a firmware update is released.
Mar 27, 2020, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfield0455
I saw someone else report the exact same thing recently so it's not a figment of your imagination.

I assume it will be fixed but for now I'd just select one of the other switchover strategies until a firmware update is released.
Thanks. I just want to make sure its not just me. I'll stick to 80ms
Oct 21, 2020, 11:29 AM
I would like to see Jeti with a small or even micro SBus receiver so I can use a RX on the smaller quad-copters, etc. At present most all of the current flight controllers use Sbus and do not have separate PWM connections for a regular receiver. We are really needing a small Sbus receiver for using with the current quad-copters, etc.
Oct 21, 2020, 07:39 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlwb
I would like to see Jeti with a small or even micro SBus receiver so I can use a RX on the smaller quad-copters, etc. At present most all of the current flight controllers use Sbus and do not have separate PWM connections for a regular receiver. We are really needing a small Sbus receiver for using with the current quad-copters, etc.
The main problem would be the low demand wouldn’t justify the certification cost...in the USA/Canada
Oct 23, 2020, 08:37 AM
Well, maybe they could change the receiver firmware to use one of the servo ports to output Sbus signals. Then it would be a already existing FCC approved RX then.

Wow, maybe it already supports it using the EX port on the Jeti receivers. I ran across a thread here about using Jeti RXs with Betaflight and flight controllers. I checked my copy of Betaflight and it shows Jeti EXbus there as an option. I will have to try it out. Maybe when the Jeti micro receiver is FCC approved it will work with it too.
Last edited by earlwb; Oct 23, 2020 at 09:07 AM. Reason: add more info
Oct 23, 2020, 11:26 AM
Quote:
Well, maybe they could change the receiver firmware to use one of the servo ports to output Sbus signals. Then it would be a already existing FCC approved RX then.

Wow, maybe it already supports it using the EX port on the Jeti receivers. I ran across a thread here about using Jeti RXs with Betaflight and flight controllers. I checked my copy of Betaflight and it shows Jeti EXbus there as an option. I will have to try it out. Maybe when the Jeti micro receiver is FCC approved it will work with it too.
All the REX receivers provide SBUS output. but they are what I'd call Micro. You can load SBUS capable firmware on to the older Ex receivers and use something like an R3.
Oct 23, 2020, 08:13 PM
In search of speed......
Quote:

The micro will never be FCC..so ZB said again the demand is not there....but Europe has them....
Oct 23, 2020, 09:38 PM
Bummer. Thanks for the heads up.
Oct 26, 2020, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Bummer. Thanks for the heads up.
I used to do a lot of quad racing.
Used decased and depinned r3 and r5 RXs.

If your a casual quad flyer and just doing fun flying this is probably fine for 5” quads.
But if you a racer, and have 4-6 builds and are fixing 2-3 setups per week after racing... then jeti is just too expense for quads!

The antenna lengths are wrong.
The antennas are soldered.
Resoldering the antennas if very hard, even with above average skils.
Often the PA front end is damaged due to no load after an ant loss, so resoldering does work.

There is nothing in the tx with todays quads. They are just sticks and switches.
All the programming is in the FC.

For the price of 5x R3, which was my monthy (4 race days) RX burn rate...
i bought an FRSKY TX, 5 RX and a bag of 100 ufl antennas!
Never wrecked single rx since.
Majority of crashes that take out an antenna can be fixed by simple popping on another antenna in a couple minutes.

Other benfits include,
Micro rx designed for quads! No decasing, no depinning!
Quad friendly Open protocol bus for FCs
Ability to use lua to tune FC, change VTX channel and power, etc

Jeti is great. But its a total waste money for serious quad flying.
And the bus isn't open will likely never be open.
You will always be unhappy with the level of device integration available with other radios system!
Last edited by cravenjw; Oct 26, 2020 at 09:55 AM.
Oct 27, 2020, 11:21 AM
Yeah, I am figuring that out already too. Thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply