This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 29, 2013, 11:05 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Software & Hardware Problems/Suggestions

First thread is dedicated to organizing and cataloging your Inputs & Suggestions.

Zb/Esprit Model
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2013, 11:57 AM
This is an awesome radio. With very tweaks it will be the king forever more!!! Thing I've noted so far are below.

Request the following:

1) Stick switching... Now the off point for a trigger is the same as the on point. Request separately selectable off points. Ie a function triggers on a 80% stick travel, but doesn't turn off until 10%.

2) Ability to smooth function and mix curves so we can create expo like effect without abrupt changes in stick responsiveness and with only a point or two used (ie throttle curves for electric/gas motors in planks).

3) Stick switch points be adjustable per model, not global.

EDIT: Disregard #3!!! I just tested and they are adjustable on a per model basis. The control type, on the same screen, applies to all models, but the switching points are per model. That's a touch confusing. The only things that could be improved upon:

a) Move the control type to the System menu. All global properties that apply to all models really should be located there.
b) Possibly have the stick switching points be adjustable per Flight Mode (G vs S).

4) Ability to have 3 servos on an aileron function with ability to balance them all (S1, S2, S3)

5) Ability to have differential propagate through mixes...ie if flaps are mixed to ailerons, and differential is applied to the ailerons, it is not currently applied to the flaps through the mix (unless I missed something). Fo now I am using end points to set differential.

6) Stick switching... offer a symmetrical option so that either "left" or "right" can activate a functon without having to use a logical switch to get the same behavior.

Cheers!
Last edited by Sillyness; Jul 29, 2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Made an error
Jul 29, 2013, 03:46 PM
Have the name of your model be called out when you turn it on

How would you like to have the name of your model being announced when you turn on the model?

Until Jeti thinks of doing it as a submenu, you will need to have a model that has a sensor with an alarm you don't need.

For example:
1) Make an alarm (any alarm) example: U Bec greater than 10 V (any unrealistic value)
2) Associate a sound file that says BAe Hawk or ASK 21
3) Put a no repeat on it

That is it. When you turn on your model the Tx will call out the name of your model.
Jul 30, 2013, 04:31 AM
Ability to have 2 RXs bound in dual path mode identified and telemetry displayed separately rather than alternating in the same boxes. i.e. RX1 and RX2 voltages displayed at the same time.

I set my voltage alarm a bit high this weekend to see if I could set it off in flight. I could, but when I looked down I had no idea if the voltage I was looking at was for the RX that gave me a temporary low voltage, or for the other one that didn't.
Jul 30, 2013, 03:18 PM
Request more logical switches. I've already used all 16 between functions and voice.

32 would be awesome!!!
Last edited by Sillyness; Jul 30, 2013 at 10:05 PM.
Jul 30, 2013, 10:05 PM
I've come up with another request for Jeti.

As of now, now we can assign a sound to an event, which is awesome. Available triggers are Logic, Sticks, inertial, or switches.

If we could also assign a Flight Mode itself as a trigger that would be AWESOME.

I have several flight modes that are triggered simply because a higher priority flight mode was switched off... pretty simple and smart. However, if I want to hear my flight mode, and I have more than 3 flight modes, then I have to start using logic switches to get the sound to work. If I could assign a sound directly to a flight mode, then I could save some of my Logic switches. For a guy that just used all 16 logic switches, that's important!!!
Aug 01, 2013, 08:20 AM
How do you switch from one flight mode to the other?
I assumed it is with a switch, so just assign you flight mode name calling to the switch position itself.
Aug 01, 2013, 11:21 AM
That's what I've done now, but it unnecessarily eats up logic.

For example, I can only enter my normal flight mode if my landing switch is up, my 3D switch is in the off position, and my flight mode switch is in the back position.... when these are in those positions, normal flight mode takes over.

BBUUUUTTTTT.... it takes over not because those switches are in those positions. In reality, I have zero switches assigned to the normal flight mode. Because it is a lower priority than the other flight modes (again, not because I've assigned any switches to it) it takes over just because landing, 3D, and any other flight modes are off.

If I could assign a sound file directly to that flight mode, I could have sound without having to use any logical switches. However, because I can't, I have to eat up 2 sets of logical switches to define the 3 switch positions as an "ON" condition.

My point is that it's an inefficient use of logical switches, that aren't needed to get into the flight mode, to play the sound.

As I posted already... I've already used up all 16 logical switches, and wish I had more, so wasting them when there is a more elegant solution available gets my goat
Aug 01, 2013, 12:22 PM
I'll make a table tonight that shows why it's impossible to assign a sound to each of the 20 available flight modes using 16 logical switches.
Sep 16, 2013, 08:54 PM
I am the Warranty.
After a couple of hours of flying, condensation under the screen:
Oct 13, 2013, 03:28 PM
Elevator stick restriction :-(

My right stick was way to soft for my likings, so I adjusted it. As a result I lost a 6-7mm of the stick travel (up elevator). Yes, I now that I can calibrate my stick, but I wont full deflection back without loosen up on the spring tension.

The problem is that the adjustment arm (the one that holds the spring for the elevator tension) is hitting the aluminum of the base of the stick. Only solution I have found so far is to loosen the spring, and thats a poor solution - but will do for now.

Anyone else having this problem? And now how to fix it?
---
edit note: its a DC-16
Oct 15, 2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalv
Elevator stick restriction :-(

My right stick was way to soft for my likings, so I adjusted it. As a result I lost a 6-7mm of the stick travel (up elevator). Yes, I now that I can calibrate my stick, but I wont full deflection back without loosen up on the spring tension.

The problem is that the adjustment arm (the one that holds the spring for the elevator tension) is hitting the aluminum of the base of the stick. Only solution I have found so far is to loosen the spring, and thats a poor solution - but will do for now.

Anyone else having this problem? And now how to fix it?
---
edit note: its a DC-16
Yes, a friend of mine told me he had the same problem on his DC-16. I believe he re-calibrated. That got me thinking about what I did. When I tightened my springs I was unaware of changing the range of stick movement, but when I was setting up a new test model I noticed I wasn't getting the full plus and minus 100% so I re-calibrated that stick. I didn't do all four. Now I'm wondering if I should go back and start over. I'm also wondering how often it needs to be done and I guess it means it affects all of your model setups when you do. We need to discuss the whole calibration feature and decide the best procedure for setting it and maintaining it. Anyone been down this road?

Jim O
Oct 15, 2013, 05:05 PM
AeroPanda Team
I will be getting my new DS16 Carbon this week.. I would be interested to know if I have to adjust the tension on my sticks do I have to recalibrate? do I have to do it for every model I setup? or it will be a global adjustment... Please advise
Oct 16, 2013, 07:41 AM
Tension on your stick is a mechanical adjustment so yes it is global. Always best to recalibrate afterwards and that will be global too.
Congrats on your Carbon, I wished I had one because I find that the regular non carbon Tx tends to age, it is not as shiny already.
Oct 16, 2013, 11:45 AM
AeroPanda Team
Thanks Puttputtmaru.. thats good to know... I am also gathering some .wav for my new transmitter.. I noticed in one of your posts you had some .wav files. I just need a few such as "flaps take-off" "flaps landing" and flight mode announcements..etc..

Appreciate your help

Quick Reply