This thread is privately moderated by Esprit Model, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 29, 2013, 10:51 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Jeti Product Ideas

Please discuss jeti product ideas and suggest future projects.

First thread is dedicated to organizing and cataloging your Inputs & Suggestions.

Zb/Esprit Model
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2013, 11:59 AM
I have converted to the Jeti ecosystem with a DS-16 and Mezon ESCs all over. There is one thing I miss, however: a bigger selection of ESCs.

More specifically, I would like high-voltage (16S or at least 14S) with BEC that supports high amp draws. I would like to use it in a Logo 800, for example.

Moreover, I'd like to use a smaller 30A or 50A ESC in my plane. A lightweight 6S Mezon in the 90A range would also be good.
Jul 29, 2013, 02:40 PM
A RPM sensor that can monitor rpm from the ignition pulse on the same principal as in electric helicopters
Jul 31, 2013, 12:44 PM
Thread OP
Look what just showed up. Brand New Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz R3 and R3i receivers. Also we got production Central Box 200 with Wireless and Magnetic Switches.

Zb/Esprit Model
Aug 03, 2013, 11:03 AM
When are they going up for sales?

On an other note any plan for gyros from jeti especially for airplanes?
Aug 04, 2013, 05:53 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puttputtmaru
When are they going up for sales?

On an other note any plan for gyros from jeti especially for airplanes?
Yes, that's next step, receivers with stabilization systems.

Zb/Esprit Model
Aug 04, 2013, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Yes, that's next step, receivers with stabilization systems.

Zb/Esprit Model
I was going to suggest a system for fixed wing airplanes like the FBL systems for helicopters that have become so popular. These should be integrated with the transmitter so the pilot can change the stabilization mode in any or all control axes during flight. For example, no stabilization, rate damping, attitude hold and perhaps a mix of rate and hold. He should also be able to change the gain and the gain should be automatically lowered if the system detects oscillations.

The system needs to be able to drive two or more servos in each aerodynamic axis without disturbing the direction, sub trim, end points, dual rates, mixing, etc.

I'm convinced once folks had this capability they'd never go back to unstabilized flight.

Jim O
Aug 04, 2013, 08:20 PM
Michael

Flight Stabilization

I've used a HeliCommand 3D (now Bavarian Demon, IIRC) on a Trex600E, several EagleTree Guardian 2D/3D units, Spektrum AS3X and SAFE and have found that, on a cost/benefit analysis, the EagleTree Guardian is quite good.

On the Guardian forum, there have been requests to have heading hold, rate, combo, etc., selectable in-flight (currently, only MODE (2D/OFF/3D) and GAIN (off to 100%) are selectable in-flight.)

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOddino
I was going to suggest a system for fixed wing airplanes like the FBL systems for helicopters that have become so popular. These should be integrated with the transmitter so the pilot can change the stabilization mode in any or all control axes during flight. For example, no stabilization, rate damping, attitude hold and perhaps a mix of rate and hold. He should also be able to change the gain and the gain should be automatically lowered if the system detects oscillations.

The system needs to be able to drive two or more servos in each aerodynamic axis without disturbing the direction, sub trim, end points, dual rates, mixing, etc.

I'm convinced once folks had this capability they'd never go back to unstabilized flight.

Jim O
Aug 05, 2013, 02:44 AM
Hmm, I've just invested in two Guardians and early experience is positive. However, the thought of a Jeti unit with the programming fully integrated into the Tx would be really attractive (especially since the Guardian programming software is Windows-only - pet hate of mine!).

Many of the Jeti products are (understandably) aimed at high end applications so don't really appeal to club modellers like me (I have no use for ESCs at 75a plus, for example) so it will be interesting to see where Jeti pitch this product price-wise.
Aug 05, 2013, 09:02 AM
ARF Addict
Quote:

Jim O
http://www.espritmodel.com/captron-b...em-cortex.aspx
Aug 05, 2013, 02:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
I've used a HeliCommand 3D (now Bavarian Demon, IIRC) on a Trex600E, several EagleTree Guardian 2D/3D units, Spektrum AS3X and SAFE and have found that, on a cost/benefit analysis, the EagleTree Guardian is quite good.

On the Guardian forum, there have been requests to have heading hold, rate, combo, etc., selectable in-flight (currently, only MODE (2D/OFF/3D) and GAIN (off to 100%) are selectable in-flight.)

Michael

A few years ago I was helping an old friend get back into RC flying and as you might expect he was very nervous and wasn't having much fun. I talked him into an FY-20 which was rate damping only and he immediately gained his confidence and enjoyed flying again. More recently I borrowed a friend's Angel S, a small pattern type plane and installed the FY-30 which has attitude hold capabilities. The idea was to have a low cost practice plane that felt like a large 2 meter pattern plane and would let me practice under typical contest high wind conditions. I was pleased with its performance in all pitch plane maneuvers but wasn't happy with rolling and just plain banking maneuvers. The attitude hold doesn't work well in Yaw on fixed wing planes and the rudder can end up in some pretty strange positions if you don't continually fly the rudder. Therefore, I'd like to try switching the rudder to rate or off during some maneuvers.
I briefly tried the ET Guardian but didn't think it worked well at all. Maybe I didn't set it up right. It seemed to drop out of attitude hold in all channels if given a command in any channel .

Jim O
Aug 05, 2013, 03:41 PM
Michael

Guardian Attitude Hold

I have several Guardians installed in my EDFs and 3D birds (older than dirt, hence need all the help I can get). I've also installed at least a half-dozen for other folks; all have worked great after a couple of learning mishaps (on my part - early in the user experience.)

2D mode is a true flight stabilization system in that releasing the sticks will allow the G to put the plane into the last set "level" attitude; great for PANIC mode, strong winds, etc.

3D mode will hold attitude if RUDDER is moved, but will break attitude if AILERON and/or ELEVATOR are moved.

A demo trick many of us are doing (videos available on Guardian forum) is to set plane in desired climb attitude, enable 3D mode, set the plane down on the runway, only add throttle and the bird auto turns to the correct heading, takes-off, climbs, etc.

Michael
Quote:
A few years ago I was helping an old friend get back into RC flying and as you might expect he was very nervous and wasn't having much fun. I talked him into an FY-20 which was rate damping only and he immediately gained his confidence and enjoyed flying again. More recently I borrowed a friend's Angel S, a small pattern type plane and installed the FY-30 which has attitude hold capabilities. The idea was to have a low cost practice plane that felt like a large 2 meter pattern plane and would let me practice under typical contest high wind conditions. I was pleased with its performance in all pitch plane maneuvers but wasn't happy with rolling and just plain banking maneuvers. The attitude hold doesn't work well in Yaw on fixed wing planes and the rudder can end up in some pretty strange positions if you don't continually fly the rudder. Therefore, I'd like to try switching the rudder to rate or off during some maneuvers.
I briefly tried the ET Guardian but didn't think it worked well at all. Maybe I didn't set it up right. It seemed to drop out of attitude hold in all channels if given a command in any channel .

Plenty of user experience and help available; hence why I recommended using this $75 device as a model for Jeti ideas. Most reported problems seem to be caused by (1) user manual intended as a reference manual and/or (2) failure to RTFM. :-)

Michael

Jim O
Aug 19, 2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit Model
Look what just showed up. Brand New Jeti Duplex 2.4GHz R3 and R3i receivers. Also we got production Central Box 200 with Wireless and Magnetic Switches.

Zb/Esprit Model
can you verify, are R3 and centralbox 200 in sale now?
Aug 19, 2013, 05:49 PM
I am the Warranty.
No, not yet.
Oct 02, 2013, 09:59 AM
New front cover for DC-16.

I would like to see an all black front cover for this radio. No letters, numbers or stripes, just flat black (like the back of the radio)
I think it would make the radio look more elegant in black and silver.

Look at Graupners MC-32, a bit more stylish.

Other than that, its one excellent radio :-D

Anyone else for this idea?
Last edited by Gandalv; Oct 02, 2013 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Forgot last question

Quick Reply