This thread is privately moderated by Jyester, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 28, 2013, 06:28 PM
Jyester
Thread OP
Discussion

Visionaire update

I've been flying the visionaire for some time now and I live it. How ever it's lacking in power and I want to move up in prop size so I opted to switch out the stock Eflite 10 motor for a value hobby G25 motor. I tried this motor with a 40 amp esc and it was to much. So I started searching rc groups classified ads and found a hobbywing 60 amp esc for $35. Talk about a deal! I have to get the connectors changed but other than that I think she will fly better than stock. I'm looking for torque not speed so I'm gonna go with a 12x9 or 12x10 prop. The stock prop was 12x5.5 which gets her off the ground and flys her pretty good but if your gonna hover do it in the first few minutes the battery only last about 5-8 minutes of mixed flying. If you can't afford to up grade motor/esc then change the battery to a 2650-3300 pack this will give you the extra flight time and some extra power. The price for the motor from value hobby was $27 think my biggest cost is gonna be the battery I like Tp packs but sky lipo zippy and turnigy a-spec and nano techs are all good batteries is a choice I'm gonna have to make. I will up-date this blog once I get everything worked out. Fly high, fly fast, crash pretty
Last edited by Jyester; Aug 27, 2013 at 08:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 04, 2013, 03:20 PM
Jyester
Thread OP

Update

This is a update of the visionaire upgrade to a G25 from value hobby. They have great prices but you have to act fast If any issues arise! That's how I came across this particular motor. 8 of the 12 magnets on the can were not glued down. After some minor work I am happy to say this motor rocks. I had a chance to fly with the new set-up and it was more than enough power with a 3s 2200 65c impulse pack the red not the green! It was a bit warm for my taste. I hope I can find a suitable pack to fit the requirements. I'm leaning towards a 3300 3s 40c pack and a 12x6 or a 13x4 prop. I might even step down to 11x7 prop! They key I thing is the amp draw and the C rating of the pack being used. During the flight I noticed the plane was flying fast at half throttle this could be due to wind but even flying into the wind the plane didn't slow down all that much. So I'm looking for torque not speed so lessoning the pitch and adding or taking away from the diameter will calm her down and give me torque vs speed. The visionaire was not ment to fly fast but have power throughout a manuver such as hovering the pulling out vertically. But with the stock Eflite 10 the power is their in the beginnig but as the flight time progresses the power isn't their! As I put this system through it's paces I will update often as I try and fly twice a day. If anyone else has the visionaire let me know what you think about how your plane flys and remember I'm not using the stock system. I'm flying futaba so no As3x rec/gyro flight stabilizer . So here's the starting point in a low cost upgrade $27 G25 motor Value Hobby, 60A hobbywing platinum pro esc $35 from RC groups classified, 2200 3s 45c impulse green $45 which I already had! Going for a G-force 3300 3s 40c $31.00. I'm under a $100 and I have a power house power system. Please comment if you like and ask question!! Fly high, fly fast, crash pretty!!
Aug 11, 2013, 04:09 PM
Jyester
Thread OP
I've been flying the visionaire hard! All flips and tricks I can throw at it. She handles them just fine! With more power it flys strong and you can tell it wants to break-out and run wild. The 2200 3s 45c packs are warm after a good flight. I purchased a used pack off of a flying buddy a turnigy 3000 4s 40-50c, it was used once then stored! I figure this pack is new even if it's almost 2 years old. I did a test fit and it leave no room in the battery bay. I think this will give more power and longer flights. I will update this blog with the 4s results this evening or tomorrow. Fly high, fly fast, crash pretty

Quick Reply