Thread Tools
Jul 26, 2013, 08:25 AM
Registered User
302 Z28's Avatar
Thread OP
Discussion

New Powerlab 8X2


My apologies if this has already been posted. Revolectrix has come out with a new Powerlab 8X2 with 2699 total watts.

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...ual-PowerLab_2

Vince
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2013, 10:25 AM
A man with too many toys
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Z28
My apologies if this has already been posted. Revolectrix has come out with a new Powerlab 8X2 with 2699 total watts.

http://www.usastore.revolectrix.com/...ual-PowerLab_2

Vince

That will be perfect for charging large helicopters with 12s 5000 and 14s 5000 power systems.


Now we are going to need a 40V power supply.

Is it possible to modify computer power supplies for higher voltage?


Jul 26, 2013, 10:34 AM
Revolectrix Ambassador
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man
Now we are going to need a 40V power supply. Is it possible to modify computer power supplies for higher voltage?
If you are on 220v you can use the ESP120. For 120v users, there is the DPS-1001AB. They are rated at 700w on 120v (1000w on 220v). I've run a single unit up to 860 watts on 120v, no issues. These units are designed to be run in parallel. I currently have two running in parallel. There's even a low current 12v output. Only issues that they are kind of heavy. You can also string additional 12v server supplies in series for 36v or 48v.
Jul 26, 2013, 11:25 AM
Snappy Title On Backorder....
tsymonds's Avatar
Wonder if this means a dual 6 is in the works? I have a pair of PL6s I just bought so not likely to buy the dual 8 or a dual 6 if they come out with one but I like the multiple chargers in one box form factor. I just replaced two Hitec X2s with the PL6s so I basically lost two chargers but got parallel boards to help make up the difference.
Last edited by tsymonds; Jul 26, 2013 at 01:49 PM.
Jul 26, 2013, 12:09 PM
Registered User
It seems kind of liked a rushed counter to the iCharger 4010b. I'm curious to know the actual dimensions because the e-mail announcement I got had a quote stating that it was a much smaller form factor then two PL8.

Really to me all I see are two PL8 with an internal expansion channel link and upgraded components to handle 48V input all in a slightly smaller package. Though it is quite a bit cheaper then buying two PL8.
Jul 26, 2013, 02:23 PM
Registered User
hempelcx's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimbeaver
upgraded components to handle 48V input all in a slightly smaller package.
Would be nice to hear from REVOJohn, but I'm guessing that support for 48V input is the biggest difference between buying this and just chaining two PL8's.
Jul 26, 2013, 02:37 PM
Registered User
I don't think REVOJohn normally comments on the FMA Direct chargers. I think he kind of leaves that up to the FMA guys.
Jul 26, 2013, 08:18 PM
Registered User
hey guys tim will be best guy to answer but I'll try best I can
Since we're running up to 48V yes its smaller.....bout the size of 2 & PL6s.....still 40A each channel
Jul 26, 2013, 09:06 PM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Quote:
It seems kind of liked a rushed counter to the iCharger 4010b. I'm curious to know the actual dimensions because the e-mail announcement I got had a quote stating that it was a much smaller form factor then two PL8.
Well iCharger 4010 DUO was rumored wll over a year ago but my Beta arrived in Oct . '12 ,PowerLab 8X2 had been in development for a very long time prior to this date.One simple fact that most seem to be unaware of is that FMA chargers spend many months in the inhouse Alpha testing stage before being released to a team of Beta testers for addational months of testing before any anouncements are made.

Approx, dems. 5-1/2 X10-1/2 X 3-3/8
My beta 8X2 arrived mid April '13

Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Jul 26, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Jul 27, 2013, 08:08 AM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Well iCharger 4010 DUO was rumored wll over a year ago but my Beta arrived in Oct . '12 ,PowerLab 8X2 had been in development for a very long time prior to this date.One simple fact that most seem to be unaware of is that FMA chargers spend many months in the inhouse Alpha testing stage before being released to a team of Beta testers for addational months of testing before any anouncements are made.

Approx, dems. 5-1/2 X10-1/2 X 3-3/8
My beta 8X2 arrived mid April '13

Charles
Yup, fma is tops.

I have the icharger duo. Tough to learn but great display, and I fear it's quality.
Jul 09, 2016, 05:07 AM
Commercial RPAS flyer
Just got my Cellpro Dual Powerlab in house. Connected it to the Revo powerstation powersupply and can't get the 2nd channel to start (no power to channel 2, no light, nothing in the LCD). I've used a Y-cable from Revo and I've also tried to connect with the cable I know works on channel 1.

Is there ant tricks for this or is it a defective unit? Anyone?
Jul 09, 2016, 05:49 AM
Southern Pride
everydayflyer's Avatar
Sounds like one channel / side DOA. I would post down in the Vendor's Forum

https://www.rcgroups.com/fma-direct-623/

and also get an email / PM off to the vendor you purchased it from.


Could be as simple as a blown fuse inside or a bad solder joint in the EC5 on the charger side as you know you supply side works on the other side of this charger , or even a bad solder joint at the chargers board. Being new I would not advise trying to fix it yourself as it would likely void warranty.


Sorry for your Bum Luck.

Charles


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Powerlab 6 or Powerlab 8? JimHSoars Batteries and Chargers 26 Jun 15, 2016 06:22 AM
Sold Like New Cellpro Powerlab 8 V2 with Accessories jgalexander Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 2 Jul 18, 2013 05:50 PM
Discussion New Powerlab 6 problem mcornett998 Revolectrix 4 Jun 17, 2013 11:48 AM
Sold new powerlab pl8 v2 1344w 40a charger plus accessories ohsnap Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 1 Jan 18, 2013 12:10 PM
Discussion Home Made 8x2 and 9x2 props Arcright Indoor Pattern/F3P 3 Jan 24, 2011 03:21 PM