This thread is privately moderated by Jason Cole, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 25, 2013, 10:56 AM
RCG Admin
Cool

How Molten Iron Almost Took Down My Octo

A few weeks ago we went up to Indiana to document and film an Iron Pour. It was awesome and we got some pretty good footage. One of the guys is a performance artist who hollows out logs, wets them, and then when they pour molten iron in it, it creates a massive explosion.

I was flying my Octocopter to film the experience. They poured it into one log and the explosion was cool, but not that impressive. The second one however, was insane. The explosion was HUGE! I could only see it from my peripheral as I was watching the copter. The explosion sent red hot molten iron a hundred feet in the air, and it was heading for my Octocopter. It happened so fast there wasn't really much I could do. I watched as the iron fell literally just feet from my Octo. Neal, standing next to me controlling the camera had some choice words. We had never seen anything like that before. It was amazing and we got it all on film. Check out the video below to see the explosion for yourself.

Iron Pour (1 min 44 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2013, 06:01 PM
Huh...weird...

Wow!!

Easily the coolest thing I've seen all day.
Aug 23, 2013, 02:19 PM
ShopCzar
That is absolutely awesome Great camera work and editing!
Aug 23, 2013, 02:23 PM
So very cool and a very well done video! Very IMPRESSIVE!!!
Aug 28, 2013, 04:47 PM
J. Titors gr8 grandson...
Great video!!
Jan 04, 2014, 10:19 AM
i will say thanks for the plus membership if only for the fact it lead me here to see this vid.
Aug 07, 2014, 10:54 PM
Just Happy To Be Here!!!
AWESOME!!!

Quick Reply