Thread Tools
Jul 03, 2019, 03:32 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumi
Hi hardline,

The 636 is an AS3X receiver and therefor programmable either manual or over file.
The other standard receivers are not programmable in that way.
I therefor program the Eagletree Guardian and not the AR6210 ( see my previous comments).
hello slumi
you are great!!!
I don't know how to thank you, but if you come on holiday in Rimini I offer you an excellent lunch of good fish.
if I have further DR tuning problems, I'll write to you
cordial greetings
Alfio
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2019, 01:33 AM
Registered User
Thanks a lot Alfio,

but the sense of the forum is to exchange knowledge and experiences.
The kids (12 years) and I are not perfect pilots, and therefor the Delta Ray is the ideal plane to experiment (it also has been crashed a few times).

Still to add, we use two lipos 3S 850 mAh 30C. Put one battery close to the CG in the middle of plane, the other one on the usual place.
Balance the plane with two fingers in the CG points. It should neither be tail heavy or front heavy.
Jul 05, 2019, 05:23 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumi
Thanks a lot Alfio,

but the sense of the forum is to exchange knowledge and experiences.
The kids (12 years) and I are not perfect pilots, and therefor the Delta Ray is the ideal plane to experiment (it also has been crashed a few times).

Still to add, we use two lipos 3S 850 mAh 30C. Put one battery close to the CG in the middle of plane, the other one on the usual place.
Balance the plane with two fingers in the CG points. It should neither be tail heavy or front heavy.
slumi thanks again for these suggestions
kind regards
Alfio
Jul 16, 2019, 04:54 AM
Registered User

file .spm


hello slumi
you wrote that you have a transmitter spektrum dx9.
I also have the same transmitter be.
Please could you post the .spm file of your setup?
thank you
Jul 16, 2019, 05:55 AM
Registered User

problem MIX 2


hello slumi
I have a problem with the MIX2 in my dx9.
If I setup <aux1 Throttle> in <Rx Port Assigment> then I can't do MIX RUD> AUX1.
I can't understand why.
regards
Jul 21, 2019, 11:53 AM
A Day @ a Time - Matt. 6:25-34
ruff1's Avatar
Does anyone know which motor leads coming off the receiver brick go to which side? I broke mine down without marking the motors. Props are still attached, so if you can tell me which side the reverse rotation prop is on that will work too.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention motors have been removed from the airframe.
Jul 21, 2019, 03:03 PM
Registered User
Hi alfiosca,

There are a lot of different receivers from Spektrum.
Maybe Aux2 works better for you than Aux1.
I have the AR6210 receiver.

In the transmitter Dx9 you choose the second channel input screen, not the first.

Throttle for Aux1 should work. (Otherwise Aux2).

There are also newer versions of Dx9. Maybe yours is slightly different.
There is a whole YouTube video on “Differential Thrust on a Dx9” . This one you should watch.

Unfortunately I have no Computer connection to the Memory chip of my Dx9, to download the setup file.
Jul 22, 2019, 10:36 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
GottaZoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff1
Does anyone know which motor leads coming off the receiver brick go to which side? I broke mine down without marking the motors. Props are still attached, so if you can tell me which side the reverse rotation prop is on that will work too.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention motors have been removed from the airframe.
I set mine up so that prop tips spin from outside to center of fuse.
Jul 23, 2019, 10:31 AM
Registered User
EvanM's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff1
Does anyone know which motor leads coming off the receiver brick go to which side? I broke mine down without marking the motors. Props are still attached, so if you can tell me which side the reverse rotation prop is on that will work too.

Thanks.

Forgot to mention motors have been removed from the airframe.
When you get it back together, plug in a battery and spin up the throttle to activate stabilization. Then, when you hold the aircraft level in front of you and turn to the right, the left motor should spin up. If the right motor spins up, switch the leads.
Jul 23, 2019, 02:39 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumi
Hi alfiosca,

There are a lot of different receivers from Spektrum.
Maybe Aux2 works better for you than Aux1.
I have the AR6210 receiver.

In the transmitter Dx9 you choose the second channel input screen, not the first.

Throttle for Aux1 should work. (Otherwise Aux2).

There are also newer versions of Dx9. Maybe yours is slightly different.
There is a whole YouTube video on “Differential Thrust on a Dx9” . This one you should watch.

Unfortunately I have no Computer connection to the Memory chip of my Dx9, to download the setup file.
ok slumi

regards

Alfio
Aug 20, 2019, 12:29 PM
Out Standing In The Field
RexGalore's Avatar
Flying my DR today, I (again) noticed how much of a bottom-heavy "keel" effect it has, and how it effects certain maneuvers.

I think I will have to mod my nearly destroyed DR#1 and try to top-load the battery, and have it mounted higher in the fuse.

Whenever I get around to doing it.
Aug 22, 2019, 12:29 PM
Registered User
Hi RexGalore,

the Delta Ray needs to be exactly levelled on the CG.
If it is nose heavy or tail heavy, you hardly can fly it.
Other planes are not that sensitive.
Therefor I always test, how to position the battery.

Also the servo zero points need to be exact. It takes me always a lot of time to level the zero points.
Check both elevator and aileron.

Also I use high Expo Rates. Usually 70%.
Aug 22, 2019, 01:56 PM
Up! Up! And Away!
GottaZoom's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by slumi
...the Delta Ray needs ...
It may be more about what you need or want, rather than the DR. Like Rex said, a different setup may be preferred with certain maneuvers and flying styles, but such changes are hardly a necessity.

Please don't scare off people who might believe your talk of this being a difficult plane to manage. For basic, all-round flight the DR is hardly a finicky plane (neither stock or as I've modified them). It was designed for beginners and thus is pretty forgiving.

It flies fine for me with any size battery I can stuff in the bay (1000mAh up to 2100mAh) and it doesn't seem to matter if bat is forward or back (isn't a lot of room, anyway).

Heck, even cutting out foam up front to add a little room for moving larger bats around has been fine, too. Do I like some setups better than others? Sure, but that is what I prefer, not what any of my DRs "need".

YMMV
Aug 22, 2019, 05:28 PM
Registered User
Hi GottaZoom,

you are right the stock version is easy to fly.

But depending on your modifications it may become more sensible and volatile to fly.
That is my personal impression.
But I guess we all have different brushless setups.

How did you set your servo travel, dual rates and expo.

The stock version flies with 100% rates and expo 0%,
because the motherboard gyro manages everything.
Aug 22, 2019, 05:50 PM
Out Standing In The Field
RexGalore's Avatar
I'm going (to attempt) to change the position of the vertical CG (top to bottom), not the horizontal CG (front to back), so I don't imagine that there will be any great change in general flight characteristics, just a lessening of the heavy-bottom "keel effect" in stall maneuvers.

Also, loading the battery into the fuse bottom is annoying, as well as the inevitable foam compaction of the hatch-holding area that results in a "dirt scoop" after many landings.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product E-Flite Apprentice S 15e RTF With SAFE Technology.... ChuckTseeker Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 10320 Sep 13, 2019 01:35 PM
News 350 QX BNF With SAFE™ Technology by Blade® RCGroups Update Multirotor Drone Talk 25850 Aug 28, 2019 12:55 PM
Discussion New E-Flite Apprentice S w/ SAFE Technology Unboxing/Flight ManiacsDane Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 0 May 31, 2013 01:46 PM
Article Hobbyzone Commander II Trainer RTF with Anti-Crash Technology Review jbourke Electric Plane Talk 7 Oct 16, 2008 09:29 PM