Jul 24, 2013, 09:28 AM
Thread OP
Gallery

First plane (Exposure) flight in over a year.. GoPro 3 BE in low light flight

Since I entered the multicopter world with a Gaui 330x purchase just over a year ago, my poor Exposure plane has been more or less confined to a side table, especially since I moved from the Gaui to Naza & Quadrino copters.

Anyway, a couple of evenings ago I thought I'd try the GP3 out in the failing evening light, light I'd not even attempted with my GP1. Got a 1/2 hour of flight in, flew the GP at 1080-60p and was quite pleased with the results. This video is focused mostly on our new high school being attached to our recreational complex, I have nicer footage from the same flight I'll compile later.

Overall very pleased with the GP3BE, despite it quirks. Next project I think is figure out a 3 axis BL gimbal for this plane, because it's a 3 channel I'm seeing some yaw-wagging when I'm trying to keep it on a true heading, and pitch & roll stabilization would be nice to eliminate the horizon curvature when climbing, descending & banking.

Anyway, enjoy..

New School Flyover (6 min 29 sec)

Vimeo version:

(6 min 29 sec)
Last edited by Glenstr; Jul 25, 2013 at 12:14 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2013, 09:49 AM
That is really good! Very smooth! I, too, haven't flown a plane is a long time. Need to get out and do some flying!
Jul 25, 2013, 12:02 AM
Thread OP
Thanks QB - yeah it was a nice change, far more relaxing than flying the multi's. With two 3300 stacked in parallel I can fly for 30+ minutes, just bought a 19" insignia TV from BB that has 12v DC plug, it was nice for the video downlink & framing the video as I was a long ways out for a lot of this flight.

Quick Reply