This thread is privately moderated by bobepine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2013, 01:45 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

My website is up and running! www.armattanquads.com

Well, actually, my website's been running for quite a while. I never advertised because to this day I am still working on builds every day. I build between 5 and 10 quads every week. It may not seem like much, but since I have a full-time day job already, it's a lot. I'm happy with that.

I know I should maybe think about advertising more on other websites and in the classifieds, here, on RCG, but if I'm busy working on quads every day already, it seems like I would either have to hire employees to go bigger or quit my day job. I don't think I'm there yet and I prefer to play it safe. Besides, I do not like feeling overwhelmed with too many orders. If I build one quad per day during the week and 3 or 5 on the weekend, that's plenty for me at the moment.

The end result is I can deliver good service with short lead time and still have time to offer after sale support and.... erm... have a bit of time for myself.

Anyhoos... The website is www.armattanquads.com I also sell spare parts now which is something I never did in the past. This is going well. So far so good. I think my prices are low. Only 5$ for international shipping and 12.50$ for F-20 simonk ESCs, for example. And I include heatshrink and bullet connectors with the ESCs for that price. I don't think anyone sells these for so low. I also sell the replacement parts for motors and frames, of course.

Maybe it's a good business model to keep the prices low and fair, or maybe I'm just not very good at running a business. But things are moving along well so I must be doing something right!

I invite you all to have a look at my new website. Make sure to read the news articles to find out what's happening with my little business, and of course, if you have any questions, do not hesitate to drop me a line.

Happy flying!

Best,
Chris

CNC 355 re-edit (4 min 15 sec)

Insane Quad chopper, rips it up ! (5 min 2 sec)
Last edited by bobepine; Jul 27, 2013 at 06:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2013, 07:22 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Well, I have to go on record and say that yours is by far THE fastest quad I have ever seen. Just beautiful.

I've sent you a PM regarding a quad, so please get back to me when you have a moment.
Jul 27, 2013, 06:35 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DismayingObservation
Well, I have to go on record and say that yours is by far THE fastest quad I have ever seen. Just beautiful.

I've sent you a PM regarding a quad, so please get back to me when you have a moment.
Thanks for the kinds words, Sir. And it's a pleasure dealing with you.

Best,
Chris
Aug 02, 2013, 09:47 PM
What state do you ship from?.looking at your full carbon copter.I'm new on rcg but sell and buy on rcu slwatson user name. still trying to navigate on rcg
please email me [email protected] thanks Steve
Aug 02, 2013, 11:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpics
What state do you ship from?.looking at your full carbon copter.I'm new on rcg but sell and buy on rcu slwatson user name. still trying to navigate on rcg
please email me [email protected] thanks Steve
Email sent.

Thank you for the inquiry.

And for other people reading this, I am a Canadian expat living in the south of Taiwan. My location has a lot to do with my ability to offer the cheapest, and toughest (among the toughest) acrobatic platform on the market.

Best,
Chris
Sep 15, 2013, 12:48 PM

I'm very interested in the 355 model DIY. Completely new to quads though, I fly a Align 500 DFC. To clear my mine this is a complete kit minus Rx, Tx and battery correct?
If true what is the shipped price to USA?
Thanks Chris you've done a great job in advancing this sport.

Jack

Sep 15, 2013, 01:02 PM
Thread OP
Hi Jack,

Yes, only battery, TX and RX needed. Everything included down to solder, heatshrink and battery strap.

Shipping cost anywhere worldwide is 5$.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Best,
Chris
Sep 22, 2013, 08:58 AM
Hi Chris,

Just going along all the thread about armattan quad, and read about you tried to design FPV quad.
Any news for this frame, i'm looking for 300mm or smaller quad for FPV. And see from your acro quad it will be though enough to be abused
Sep 22, 2013, 09:45 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc16
Hi Chris,

Just going along all the thread about armattan quad, and read about you tried to design FPV quad.
Any news for this frame, i'm looking for 300mm or smaller quad for FPV. And see from your acro quad it will be though enough to be abused
Hi,

The work on the FPV design will resume soon. I suppose you'll have to wait a little longer.

Thank you for the inquiry.

Best,
Chris

Quick Reply