Finwing Airtitan AUW>7.0kg (15.5IB) AP&FPV Aircraft-- - Page 5 - RC Groups
Feb 04, 2014, 08:58 PM
Hi Atflying / Finwing

Its a lovely plane. Great job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atflying
Also to :"tree topper " and "The M "
Friendly "optical " "LexusFPV " "mons2b "

it's still lots of works to do after the first molded prototype coming our months ago. especially spending most of the efforts to improve the Airtitan after feedbacks from testers, they did great works and good suggestions from the perspective of end users. perhaps to improve it is "pain" to manufacturer but good to pilots in the long run. it's really "soon" now..... new year new Airtitan is coming..
more information updating after the new year

Deeply appreciated for all your attentions!
Wish you all happy and prosperous new Year
to remove ads between posts
Feb 05, 2014, 11:07 AM

air titan

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCleary.11
Hey guys,

I just wanted to give you all an update on our Finwing shipment. We currently have the Air Titan listed on the website and ready to ship out tomorrow. Penguin kits and parts should be updated and in stock by tomorrow.

Follow the links below for the Air Titan:
Air Titan Kit
Air Titan with power pac Thakage
How about posting pics of nose gear mount main gear mount . Not enough pics of aircraft structure. Interested but need to see more info . Thanks
Feb 06, 2014, 04:50 PM
Katalepsis

Manual

When are we going to see a link to the manual for this thing. It'd go a long way at helping me decide if I need find room for a 10 foot styrofoam airplane. From what is currently out, I can't be sure of what servos this thing uses. Torque is useful but size is kinda important too. Seeing some pictures of how this thing goes together until the early adopters start weighing in would be nice.
Feb 06, 2014, 06:42 PM
maybe a 625MG? pretty attractive price... just above a skywalker that you have to ship from china.
May 18, 2014, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorysgun
It'd go a long way at helping me decide if I need find room for a 10 foot styrofoam airplane.
Me too. Geeze...Where am I going to put a 10ft plane....
anyway, I am looking for a plane for FPV. I am interested in stability and long flight times. How well does this handle windy day and how long will it glide? Does it need to be under power constantly?
Which glides better, this or the penguin?
May 19, 2014, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100MPG
Me too. Geeze...Where am I going to put a 10ft plane....
anyway, I am looking for a plane for FPV. I am interested in stability and long flight times. How well does this handle windy day and how long will it glide? Does it need to be under power constantly?
Which glides better, this or the penguin?
There isn't a whole lot of info on this plane from owners as of yet, It seems we are low in numbers.

I am finishing the odds and ends on my build and will be test flying the next couple of weeks. I'll do my best to record data to share with the rest of you.
May 19, 2014, 12:26 PM
Katalepsis
Titan is extremely stable and I'm getting some great footage. Tremendously powered so take offs are short and quick. Will "glide" without power but you can maintain altitude at about 10amps. Need to land with power because it has a significant sink rate at normal foamy landing speeds. Gear is solid. Flight times are average to me. Can tool around for 30 minutes on 10000mah. 30 minute is about as long as I can stand under goggles so unless you're going for some record, the standard flight envelope is adequate. Plus, if you're going for any records, this probably isn't the airframe. This is a niche aircraft. Very big, needs lots of hangar space and will probably need you to disassemble for transport. Not unheard of but this is the only bird I break down for travel, the rest fit nicely in the back of a pickup truck to the field. I laminated my wings and stabs which may reduce flex but you're still going to get some bounce with wings this large. For me, laminate really is about protecting the paint scheme and reducing hangar rash. Overall recommend if you want something large. Price wise not a big investment over other foam FPV platforms but I had lots of 6S 5000 batteries from my 600/700e helis so I avoided that expense. Just a couple of packs could set you back enough to fund an entire bixler FPV setup........but this is no bixler.
Dec 09, 2014, 06:09 PM
Subbing
Last edited by zachanddragon; Dec 13, 2014 at 06:41 PM.