Air Hogs Elite - Helix X4 Stunt Quadcopter - Review and Flight - RC Groups
Thread Tools
This thread is privately moderated by theimacman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 21, 2013, 03:21 PM
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Video

Air Hogs Elite - Helix X4 Stunt Quadcopter - Review and Flight


Here is my review of the highly-anticipated quadcopter, Helix X4, from Air Hogs!

Air Hogs Elite - Helix X4 Stunt Quadcopter - Review and Flight (7 min 3 sec)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jul 23, 2013, 09:12 AM
Registered User
do you know the weight?
Jul 23, 2013, 10:02 AM
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimicrorc
do you know the weight?
No, I don't, sorry. And I don't have a scale to weigh it with either.
Sep 09, 2013, 01:39 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman
No, I don't, sorry. And I don't have a scale to weigh it with either.
2.32 oz.
Sep 10, 2013, 11:58 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
I'd have to give this quad a thumbs down.

No power. Can not handle 1 mph winds. Flips and Rolls were very flakey.

Very underpowered.

No trim buttons... a must for any aircraft.

Very noisy for flying indoors at night.

Confusing transmitter functions.

Took it back to Wal-Mart. Would not recommend this quad to anyone!
Sep 11, 2013, 09:31 AM
Flyin' Ryan
theimacman's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
I'd have to give this quad a thumbs down.

No power. Can not handle 1 mph winds. Flips and Rolls were very flakey.

Very underpowered.

No trim buttons... a must for any aircraft.

Very noisy for flying indoors at night.

Confusing transmitter functions.

Took it back to Wal-Mart. Would not recommend this quad to anyone!
This quad is for indoor use... clearly says so on the box.

Underpowered? What does that mean? Mine could lift an 808 keychain cam!

Trim is not necessary... the gyro does all the work, and it works fine. If you read the manual for hobby-grade quads, they actually say not to use trim, as the gyro takes care of keeping the vehicle centered.

Yes, it is noisy.

Confusing transmitter functions? What do you mean? It has a power switch, throttle, cyclic, and a flip button. What is confusing about that?

I feel like you are just trying to side with MassiveOverkill in his battle against this quad, and it is entirely unwarranted.
Sep 11, 2013, 06:51 PM
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Jake8131's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman
This quad is for indoor use... clearly says so on the box.

Underpowered? What does that mean? Mine could lift an 808 keychain cam!

Trim is not necessary... the gyro does all the work, and it works fine. If you read the manual for hobby-grade quads, they actually say not to use trim, as the gyro takes care of keeping the vehicle centered.

Yes, it is noisy.

Confusing transmitter functions? What do you mean? It has a power switch, throttle, cyclic, and a flip button. What is confusing about that?

I feel like you are just trying to side with MassiveOverkill in his battle against this quad, and it is entirely unwarranted.
Hi! I am not taking sides with MO. I don't even know him. Those were my first impressions. I like a quad with at least trim buttons...the flip choices to me above the flip button were confusiong, and I don't really like the foam body...they break apart really easy. Sorry if I offended you.
Nov 07, 2013, 01:13 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131
Hi! I am not taking sides with MO. I don't even know him. Those were my first impressions. I like a quad with at least trim buttons...the flip choices to me above the flip button were confusiong, and I don't really like the foam body...they break apart really easy. Sorry if I offended you.
Well I have to Agree with the OP, this little bird is kind of neat. It performs as it should. As the your comment on the foam body breaking. Well I think you are confused. This type of foam doesn't break apart. It is EPP foam and extremely durable. I bet I could run it over with a car and the foam would not break apart. The machine would be toast, but the foam would flex and not break.

The flip button has a picture of what each stunt is supposed to do. It does exactly what it advertises. However, it will not do a stunt when the battery has been depelated to a certain level. This info in the manual.

Now is this bird like my blad mqx, heck now. Comparably, the blade is a real quad, and the helix is a toy. I bought this as a toy for my 8 year old kid, and she is so happy she has her own quad. She loves to fly it.

The only downfall is the internal battery, it should have a removable battery so you can buy multiple and fly as long as you want. The blade got this right.
Jul 22, 2015, 06:13 AM
Registered User

Recalibration


Help how do I re calibrate my drone it seems to always lean more to one side

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Air Hogs Elite Helix X4 mini ducted fan quadcopter SGsoar Mini Multirotor Drones 428 Dec 09, 2015 11:16 AM
News Air Hogs Elite Helix X4 Mini Ducted Fan Quadcopter Terry Multirotor Drone Talk 0 Mar 05, 2013 08:26 AM
New Product Air Hogs Hurricane stunt plane rcalldaylong Micro Ready-to-Fly 3 Jan 12, 2013 11:02 PM
Discussion Air Hogs Helix 360 sale! (with mini review) Chimerus Micro Ready-to-Fly 2 Nov 29, 2010 02:32 PM