New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by theimacman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 04:21 PM
Find More Posts by theimacman
Flyin' Ryan
Video

Air Hogs Elite - Helix X4 Stunt Quadcopter - Review and Flight

Here is my review of the highly-anticipated quadcopter, Helix X4, from Air Hogs!

Air Hogs Elite - Helix X4 Stunt Quadcopter - Review and Flight (7 min 3 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 23, 2013, 10:12 AM
Find More Posts by minimicrorc
do you know the weight?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 11:02 AM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimicrorc View Post
do you know the weight?
No, I don't, sorry. And I don't have a scale to weigh it with either.
Old Sep 09, 2013, 02:39 PM
Find More Posts by Jake8131
Jake From Planet Mascoutah, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
No, I don't, sorry. And I don't have a scale to weigh it with either.
2.32 oz.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 12:58 AM
I'd have to give this quad a thumbs down.

No power. Can not handle 1 mph winds. Flips and Rolls were very flakey.

Very underpowered.

No trim buttons... a must for any aircraft.

Very noisy for flying indoors at night.

Confusing transmitter functions.

Took it back to Wal-Mart. Would not recommend this quad to anyone!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 10:31 AM
Flyin' Ryan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I'd have to give this quad a thumbs down.

No power. Can not handle 1 mph winds. Flips and Rolls were very flakey.

Very underpowered.

No trim buttons... a must for any aircraft.

Very noisy for flying indoors at night.

Confusing transmitter functions.

Took it back to Wal-Mart. Would not recommend this quad to anyone!
This quad is for indoor use... clearly says so on the box.

Underpowered? What does that mean? Mine could lift an 808 keychain cam!

Trim is not necessary... the gyro does all the work, and it works fine. If you read the manual for hobby-grade quads, they actually say not to use trim, as the gyro takes care of keeping the vehicle centered.

Yes, it is noisy.

Confusing transmitter functions? What do you mean? It has a power switch, throttle, cyclic, and a flip button. What is confusing about that?

I feel like you are just trying to side with MassiveOverkill in his battle against this quad, and it is entirely unwarranted.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theimacman View Post
This quad is for indoor use... clearly says so on the box.

Underpowered? What does that mean? Mine could lift an 808 keychain cam!

Trim is not necessary... the gyro does all the work, and it works fine. If you read the manual for hobby-grade quads, they actually say not to use trim, as the gyro takes care of keeping the vehicle centered.

Yes, it is noisy.

Confusing transmitter functions? What do you mean? It has a power switch, throttle, cyclic, and a flip button. What is confusing about that?

I feel like you are just trying to side with MassiveOverkill in his battle against this quad, and it is entirely unwarranted.
Hi! I am not taking sides with MO. I don't even know him. Those were my first impressions. I like a quad with at least trim buttons...the flip choices to me above the flip button were confusiong, and I don't really like the foam body...they break apart really easy. Sorry if I offended you.
Old Nov 07, 2013, 02:13 PM
Find More Posts by akfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Hi! I am not taking sides with MO. I don't even know him. Those were my first impressions. I like a quad with at least trim buttons...the flip choices to me above the flip button were confusiong, and I don't really like the foam body...they break apart really easy. Sorry if I offended you.
Well I have to Agree with the OP, this little bird is kind of neat. It performs as it should. As the your comment on the foam body breaking. Well I think you are confused. This type of foam doesn't break apart. It is EPP foam and extremely durable. I bet I could run it over with a car and the foam would not break apart. The machine would be toast, but the foam would flex and not break.

The flip button has a picture of what each stunt is supposed to do. It does exactly what it advertises. However, it will not do a stunt when the battery has been depelated to a certain level. This info in the manual.

Now is this bird like my blad mqx, heck now. Comparably, the blade is a real quad, and the helix is a toy. I bought this as a toy for my 8 year old kid, and she is so happy she has her own quad. She loves to fly it.

The only downfall is the internal battery, it should have a removable battery so you can buy multiple and fly as long as you want. The blade got this right.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 07:13 AM
Find More Posts by matthewpres

Recalibration

Help how do I re calibrate my drone it seems to always lean more to one side