This thread is privately moderated by Tartago, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 21, 2013, 08:05 AM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Gallery

Canopy rod fishing

I flew my P-51B today and the canopy tub was giving me some work to close.

After take off I climbed as usual and on the second turn I noticed the canopy going off.

Immediately I initiated the landing sequence but the thing flew off!

It landed in the exact middle of a swampy pond.

I was very lucky that one of the guys does RC boats and keeps a fishing rod in his car for boat retrieval.

After a very careful work, my good friend Dino was able to recover the cockpit. The pilot is ok, wet and scared but lived to fly another day.

I also discovered the root cause. and is because the magnets are too recessed inside the foam. I extracted them and raised them with a layer of hot glue and now I can hear the comforting "clack" when closing it.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 21, 2013, 08:45 AM
How's the wind today?
Glad you got it back old friend.
Jul 21, 2013, 09:37 AM
Plane crazy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcbyair
Glad you got it back old friend.
Thank you Steve.

How are you doing lately?