This thread is privately moderated by cabman1969, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 20, 2013, 03:09 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Fpv49

Well with the recent success of my first wing, the divinity II I'm hooked. To me wings are one of the most enjoyable aircraft to fly as they have no protruding bits such as a fuselage or tail section to break away in a less than perfect meeting with a solid object, (ie..the ground)!! They are a blast to fly and can be as aerobatic or docile as you wish. The are excellent platforms for payloads, cameras, or lights for night flights.

I'v just completed an FPV49 designed by FPVTrond. (search youtube for many of his beautiful videos) I'm super proud of how she's turned out. I will eventually be using the full FPV setup in this wing and have lovingly named her the VIEWFINDER. I've set it up for now with a dummy Boscam HD19 in the nose. (A wooden block version of the cam weighted the same as the original) I've also modified the original design by adding 2 extra layers in the center to allow for a covered battery and electronics tray, and my own wing tip design. The 55amp speedy is neatly tucked away behind the bay with the heatsink exposed for cooling.

HERE ARE THE SPECS....

Turnigy 3542 1000kv.....(for now!) with 11x6 prop
Turnigy Trust 55amp esc
2 Turnigy Nano Tech 3s 2650 25-50c lipos
2 Corona DS329 MG metal gear servos
Orange RXR610 dsm2 6ch receiver /with orange RXR100 satellite receiver

No Maiden as of yet..... still waiting on the weather to clear!!
Full report to follow soon...
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply