This thread is privately moderated by DismayingObservation, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 19, 2013, 03:14 PM
Pronoun trouble...
Thread OP
Discussion

Quad goodies have arrived!

A wonderful little cardboard box hit my PO box this morning! One HobbyKing KK quadcopter control board, one power distribution board and four Afro ESCs with SimonK firmware waited within.

I quickly learned this is NOT a project for the faint of heart. The electronics from the Rotor Concept HPQ1 which is going to receive all these lovely goodies have a wider mounting footprint than the standard 45mm spacing on the HK electronics. So, I have to make some sort of an adapter plate. I hope I can find a piece of scrap acrylic; that would just be cool.

That's the easy part. Less easy is the setup of the control board since HK's online manual is borderline gibberish. That's where my quad expert buddy comes in. First things first, so I'll get the new electronics mounted soon and go from there.

I might do a review of the components and the conversion over at The E Zone, so stay tuned.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply