Jun 19, 2016, 10:43 PM
A different attitude to RC
Excellent
to remove ads between posts
Nov 10, 2017, 05:40 PM
Build, fly, crash. Repeat.
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd give signs of life - my M-Link firmware development got interrupted by a knee problem and job changes. Not being able to toss a DLG, my BTOA fell in the "forgotten" drawer of my mind, seeing as it was in the fuse of one of my ships.

I'm getting better again and have dug up my old code and started up Arduino. New versions mean I probably need to reprogram one or two of the underlying libraries to make it fully compatible with Arduino 1.8.x, so I suspect I won't get anything ready to share before some time in the spring.

Cheers!
Sep 22, 2018, 01:09 PM
FIN-5414

2 bad

After long time not using it I took out the BTOA from drawer and placed it in my CX5 and went out on the field playing. I’ve forgotten how much fun it is to know the throw height! Only I could not really get the timer to stop upon BT reconnect, even when using the highest transmitter power it took sometimes 30 seconds after landing before the timer stopped. I wonder what could the reason be? This makes training of the disciplines impossible so would be really great to know how to improve. Adrian?

>m
Sep 22, 2018, 01:19 PM
Build, fly, crash. Repeat.
meeks, it could also be the polling time on your phone's bluetooth, not the BTOA. The Bluetooth protocol doesn't specify how often the phone should try to reconnect to the BTOA.

Also, you can try to change the altitude threshold at which the BTOA re-activates its bluetooth connection...
Sep 25, 2018, 04:14 AM
Hello,

I have one BTOA for sale. Itīs new and never used. If somebody is interested please contect me. I will sell it at a good price and ship almost anywhere.
Sep 25, 2018, 12:35 PM
FIN-5414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goeland86
meeks, it could also be the polling time on your phone's bluetooth, not the BTOA. The Bluetooth protocol doesn't specify how often the phone should try to reconnect to the BTOA.

How can I change this?

Also, you can try to change the altitude threshold at which the BTOA re-activates its bluetooth connection...
Again: how to change this? Don’t recall seeing such an option.

>m
Sep 27, 2018, 11:15 PM
Adam RED Weston
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeks
Again: how to change this? Don’t recall seeing such an option.

>m
I'm pretty sure they meant adjust the power setting of the Bluetooth transmitter... Which effectively changes the distance away from your phone when it connects... Sorta like altitude, but really radial distance. Turning on at a given altitude sounds cool, but only if you landed near yourself... Turning on at low altitude when you are really far away could be disastrous.

RED
Last edited by RED_HLG; Sep 27, 2018 at 11:22 PM.
Oct 10, 2018, 04:41 PM
Carlos G.
Adrian, when I try to run the program on my Mac gives me this error..............

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Oct 13, 2018, 11:48 AM
That is caused by the security settings (of the mac). Try right clicking, then select Open. Let us know if that helps.
Oct 16, 2018, 09:11 PM
Carlos G.
Hi Adrian, I did as you asked and went through the security settings on my mac and the app stills says that is damage, it work no problems on the windows version, but no luck on the mac, same problem on my laptop (mac) and desktop (mac)
Oct 16, 2018, 11:07 PM
What version of Mac?

https://www.santoshsrinivas.com/disa...-macos-sierra/
Oct 18, 2018, 07:14 PM
Carlos G.
following this instructions fixed the problem. BTOA is up and running on my Mac now.

Thank you Adrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing
Oct 22, 2018, 01:47 PM
Great news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crgonzalez08
following this instructions fixed the problem. BTOA is up and running on my Mac now.

Thank you Adrian

Quick Reply