Apr 19, 2015, 08:11 PM
Adam RED Weston
BTOA 'ers,

I've been using mine a lot lately, but have experienced some odd behaviour after about an hour of flying... The BTOA doesn't want to connect any more even after multiple restarts of both the app and the BTOA. However, the next days flying session everything is back to normal for an hour or so. Any one else experiencing this?

Equipment:
Nexus 6
Airplane side:
Single cell 900mAh turnigy
Frsky 4 channel FASST RX

RED
to remove ads between posts
Apr 19, 2015, 08:17 PM
I don't want to "Switch Now"
Have you tried topping up the rcvr pack?
You might be running into some sort of low voltage issue.
Apr 19, 2015, 09:09 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
also check your BTOA against another phone -
Apr 20, 2015, 02:14 AM
Will fly for food
I have the same problem. Recently I fly for a while and get warmed up. Then I put the BTOA in it will work for a while. Even though it stops connecting to your phone it is still logging data.
Apr 20, 2015, 05:57 AM
Nobody is prefect.
Adrian, I need your help, please. My BTOA (downloader 6.0.4, FW 6.1 speaking w/ F3KM updated about 4 weeks ago) has developed some odd behavior:
- first few launches all is normal
- then F3KM announces a launch hight that is obviously too high by like 10-15 meters
- this incorrect launch hight stays stuck, but the other info like altitude loss, max etc is updated.
- downloaded data is correct.

I restarted BTOA and F3KM - same behavior, ok for 2-3 launches, then same error.

It could have to do with me fiddling with TX settings to trigger read-out per switch. But I deleted inputs to the BTOA channel and still get same behavior.

It also could have to do with the F3KM update - was working well before and that's the only change that comes to mind.

Thanks - as always - for your help and great work.

Thomas
Apr 21, 2015, 09:58 AM
A different attitude to RC
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_HLG
BTOA 'ers,

I've been using mine a lot lately, but have experienced some odd behaviour after about an hour of flying... The BTOA doesn't want to connect any more even after multiple restarts of both the app and the BTOA. However, the next days flying session everything is back to normal for an hour or so. Any one else experiencing this?

Equipment:
Nexus 6
Airplane side:
Single cell 900mAh turnigy
Frsky 4 channel FASST RX

RED
Hello Adam. Please make sure you are using the latest version of the F3K master app. Also, it is possible the phone has something to do with it, but if restarting does not help, that sounds a bit strange.

Are you able to try a different BTOA or phone to eliminate some variables?
Apr 21, 2015, 09:59 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggertroll
Adrian, I need your help, please. My BTOA (downloader 6.0.4, FW 6.1 speaking w/ F3KM updated about 4 weeks ago) has developed some odd behavior:
- first few launches all is normal
- then F3KM announces a launch hight that is obviously too high by like 10-15 meters
- this incorrect launch hight stays stuck, but the other info like altitude loss, max etc is updated.
- downloaded data is correct.

I restarted BTOA and F3KM - same behavior, ok for 2-3 launches, then same error.

It could have to do with me fiddling with TX settings to trigger read-out per switch. But I deleted inputs to the BTOA channel and still get same behavior.

It also could have to do with the F3KM update - was working well before and that's the only change that comes to mind.

Thanks - as always - for your help and great work.

Thomas
Hello Thomas. It is likely your device memory is full. Please check if there is a red light flashing. This indicates memory full. If so, use the downloader app to download and erase the data from the BTOA.
Apr 22, 2015, 01:21 AM
Nobody is prefect.
Hi Adrian,

I delete data after every download so there is no way memory can be full. But I'll check next time if the red light is blinking. My guess is: it is not.

Thomas
Apr 22, 2015, 02:08 PM
Hi Guy's, can anybody tell me the thickness in mm of the BTOA? thanks
Apr 22, 2015, 03:08 PM
Thread OP
8.8mm at the thickest part with heatshrink.
Apr 23, 2015, 01:29 AM

LiPO calibration

Hello Adrian.
What will be the right way to do the battery calibration? My BTOA reports 2 volts less than my receiver, that is calibrated to the measurement my meter gives whit servos connected.

I've tried changing this settings via the new f3k master BTOA settings menu option but seems my changes only had an effect when selecting None on the battery type option. Changing the 1.0 value had no effect on the readout of voltage and at some point (with the battery around 3.75 according to my receiver) the BTOA alarm jumped. Battery LVA being set at 3.5

I had power cycled the device after changing the settings but the continues beeps kept on coming. Perhaps I have to change this using the desktop application (one can hear a short beep after hitting the save bottom on the f3k master BTOA settings page, so I assume it writes ok the changes).

Oke, I hope it makes sense, but basically, how can I get the readout of the BTOA to be 2 volts higher? Seems like it's very conservative now considering the other 2 readings (direct and from the receiver).

Thanks for any hint!
Apr 23, 2015, 10:31 AM
Thread OP
Do you mean 0.2V difference?

I will look into this today, but it sounds a bit strange.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing
Do you mean 0.2V difference?
Yes, sorry.. i get a 3.5 report on through F3K master, but my telemetry tells 3.79

After some 15min flying my BTOA makes some low and high pitch sounds and I can't connect anylonger.

I should make a video, might be easier to explain the situation.
Apr 23, 2015, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Can you measure the battery voltage with a meter at the same time as getting a readout from the telemetry? I would like to know if the telemetry is correct - or double check that at least.
Apr 23, 2015, 02:29 PM
This are my current settings:

I will recheck with the volt meter tomorrow, but this video is with a freshly charged 1S LIPO as you can see on the Taranis screen. The diff. still there.

(1 min 40 sec)

Quick Reply