Thread Tools
Dec 15, 2014, 05:52 PM
Hit my smoke....
Hostage-46's Avatar
I was unable to connect via BT, I didn't spend much time trouble shooting, intead launched the currnet version (not test)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 15, 2014, 06:31 PM
Will fly for food
davidjensen's Avatar
After using this unit for a while now I have the following comments. First I want to say its a wonderful unit, and is well built and has great customer support.

The readout when you return, tells you the climb rate but it does not seem logical. It really is not needed and could be eliminated (its gobbledygook). Also for me it is sometimes hard to distinguish between Plus and Less and I would replace less with minus. I think some sort of start tone or beep just before the launch altitude is read out would give the pilot some warning that here comes the numbers.

The display of the data when analyzed shows the height and the g forces which is also gobbledygook and confuses the launch height numbers. All we need is the launch height.

Thanks for making these and I can say they do help you fine tune your launch technique
Dec 17, 2014, 01:27 PM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjensen
After using this unit for a while now I have the following comments. First I want to say its a wonderful unit, and is well built and has great customer support.

The readout when you return, tells you the climb rate but it does not seem logical. It really is not needed and could be eliminated (its gobbledygook). Also for me it is sometimes hard to distinguish between Plus and Less and I would replace less with minus. I think some sort of start tone or beep just before the launch altitude is read out would give the pilot some warning that here comes the numbers.

The display of the data when analyzed shows the height and the g forces which is also gobbledygook and confuses the launch height numbers. All we need is the launch height.

Thanks for making these and I can say they do help you fine tune your launch technique
Thank you for the feedback!

I will add the ability to select what gets read out in F3KM in the next version.

Note: the device should beep as it sends the data.
It's also helpful to setup a switch action to "Output over Bluetooth" so you can get it to repeat the readout message or use the menu > Altimeter option in F3KM.

The g-forces are meant to give you a comparison of force to altitude. The g's shown are the peak forces measured during the throw . I will add an option to not display those numbers in a the next version.
Dec 17, 2014, 01:30 PM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Thread OP
I have seven devices left and after that, the next batch would be some time in January. If anyone wants one, please order here: http://www.bluetoothopenaltimeter.com/
Dec 17, 2014, 02:33 PM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
Flew the new ver6 firmware with the test version of F3KMaster today at lunch. everything worked great except the launch readouts on the phone were meters and was saying feet. Got back in and checked the firmware and the coefficient in the firmware is set for feet (3.281). Other than that everything worked great- set the same launch and land sensor settings as the previous version and that all worked well. I like the confirmation beeps, but usually I am downloading when I get back in the office after lunch.. which tends to disturb the whole office- any chance you can add a firmware option to disable the initial power on tone, the usb serial connect tone, and the confirmation beeps? ... but still leave all the during flight notifications active. Phone is a Boost Mobile LG ls620.
Dec 17, 2014, 02:37 PM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclenut
Flew the new ver6 firmware with the test version of F3KMaster today at lunch. everything worked great except the launch readouts on the phone were meters and was saying feet. Got back in and checked the firmware and the coefficient in the firmware is set for feet (3.281). Other than that everything worked great- set the same launch and land sensor settings as the previous version and that all worked well. I like the confirmation beeps, but usually I am downloading when I get back in the office after lunch.. which tends to disturb the whole office- any chance you can add a firmware option to disable the initial power on tone, the usb serial connect tone, and the confirmation beeps? ... but still leave all the during flight notifications active. Phone is a Boost Mobile LG ls620.
Did you use the test version of F3KM?
Dec 17, 2014, 02:43 PM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing
Did you use the test version of F3KM?
Yes, I was using the new test version of F3KM
Dec 17, 2014, 02:48 PM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
Further feedback, the installer for the downloader worked well on my windows 8.1 machine. and I like the new functionality in F3KMaster- I liked hearing the disconnect after launch in F3KM while flying and the beep in the altimeter when reconnecting (just not in the office over usb like I mentioned in my previous post). Thanks again Adrian for the hard work.
Dec 17, 2014, 02:58 PM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Thread OP
Thank you for the feedback too!

Please let me know if (after saving BTOA settings) you are still getting readouts in meters?
Did you wipe settings when flashing V6 on the BTOA?
Dec 17, 2014, 03:00 PM
Citizen#019
cyclenut's Avatar
I did, I chose to have it wipe the settings when I was prompted for the upgrade. However, I will try wiping them again and resetting. Should get to fly again tomorrow at lunch, so will report back after.
Dec 17, 2014, 03:34 PM
hrr
hrr
Registered User

BTOA up for grabs


Hello

If I am violating the netiquette then just kill the post...

I have one unused BTOA to sell as I am working with the Taranis vario to achieve the same function. I would like to have $75 for it ( Paypal, postage included to anywhere in the world). => PM to me

Thanx
Dec 17, 2014, 03:38 PM
A different attitude to RC
extremewing's Avatar
Thread OP
You are welcome to use this thread!

PS: I will still support the device for the new user too
Dec 17, 2014, 04:44 PM
Blind Hawk
rdjay's Avatar
Adrian,

FYI, mine was reading out meters but saying "Feet" last weekend when I flew it as well (V6 w/ test F3K Master). I had the other settings messed up so was thinking that may have been causing it but it was the same as cyclenut experienced.

Rj
Dec 17, 2014, 04:57 PM
Will fly for food
davidjensen's Avatar
Another option to the tone or beep before the altitude is announced is to have the voice say, "launch altitude XXX feet, plus (or minus) xx feet. That would be even better and easier to program.
Dec 18, 2014, 03:56 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrr
Hello

If I am violating the netiquette then just kill the post...

I have one unused BTOA to sell as I am working with the Taranis vario to achieve the same function. I would like to have $75 for it ( Paypal, postage included to anywhere in the world). => PM to me

Thanx
If this ons is gone, I have a few month old used BTOA available. Same price, selling for same reason.
Location UK. PM to me.

Thanks Adrian!


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Introducing BradWii - Open Source Multi-Copter Software bradquick Multirotor Drone Electronics 764 Nov 21, 2015 06:41 PM
Mini-HowTo Open Altimeter Bluetooth Conversion extremewing Hand Launch 270 Apr 27, 2014 10:14 PM
Sold Spektrum telemetry altimeter sensor (SPMA9575) teryn1 Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W) 1 Mar 10, 2013 03:05 PM
Question Cbr - VSI with altimeter sensor: How to setup? PhilSU Eagle Tree Systems 1 Jun 16, 2011 05:07 PM
Help! At wits end with original altimeter sensor Alan Hahn Eagle Tree Systems 4 Sep 25, 2009 09:28 PM