Jul 22, 2013, 12:44 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Does the BTOA work with the Freebie Fr3ak Master download or only the pay app? Do the little boards draw much current? Attach it to the Rx anywhere or on an AUX pin? Work with iPad? Very much value for an absolute beginner like me? you know, AD, how far along I am currently, but I would enjoy tracking my launch alttitude progress as well as batts use, etc.

I use a Galaxy Note droid and can turn it into a hotspot for iPad when needed.

thanks
to remove ads between posts
Jul 22, 2013, 01:15 PM
A different attitude to RC
Steve, good questions.

- Yes, the BTOA works with both paid and free F3K Master versions.
- The current draw is from 10 to 30mA depending on if the buzzer or LED's are on. It's not much.
- You want to attach it to an output on the receiver that is on a three position switch.
- It does not work with the iPad
- It is useful as a logger no matter what your experience and can help improve your launches.
- Apart from that, it is a low voltage alarm that works with 1S, 2S and 3S and will enable you to keep tabs on the battery from F3K Master.
Jul 22, 2013, 01:31 PM
Slope-a-Dope
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremewing
Steve, good questions.

- Yes, the BTOA works with both paid and free F3K Master versions.
- The current draw is from 10 to 30mA depending on if the buzzer or LED's are on. It's not much.
- You want to attach it to an output on the receiver that is on a three position switch.
- It does not work with the iPad
- It is useful as a logger no matter what your experience and can help improve your launches.
- Apart from that, it is a low voltage alarm that works with 1S, 2S and 3S and will enable you to keep tabs on the battery from F3K Master.
Thanks, AD! I kinda thought it was a no go with the iPad....not much works with them.
What is the best way for me to get a preview or demo?
Jul 22, 2013, 01:33 PM
Steve, just come flying later this afternoon with Jim and myself?
Jul 22, 2013, 01:38 PM
Slope-a-Dope
When and where?
Jul 22, 2013, 01:40 PM
Steve, please lets keep this kind of chat in PM's.
Jul 22, 2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickj.1151
Windows Vista
What is also important is the use of 32 or 64 Bit! There are different extra.dll's for ever version. If you use a 64 Bit Vista, i can send you the files
Jul 22, 2013, 03:04 PM
Yes, Markus is right. More info is here too: http://rxtx.qbang.org/wiki/index.php/Download
Jul 22, 2013, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabelbrand
What is also important is the use of 32 or 64 Bit! There are different extra.dll's for ever version. If you use a 64 Bit Vista, i can send you the files
I do have the 64 bit OS Vista. Thanks for the heads up and the files
Rick
Jul 23, 2013, 01:46 PM
Yesterday, we were completely unable to get android 4.04 to connect to the BTOA. There are lots of posts talking about Bluetooth problems on that OS so maybe that is causing it. I will look into it further.

If you are using a BTOA, please post your experience with your particular Android here and let us have:
- Your device model
- Your Android version (get it from the android settings > About > Software screen)
- How well you think it works (something like always connects, mostly or hardly ever? Is hard to connect to or any other experiences).
- The serial port name of your BTOA (is it xxx-SPP or xxx-RNI-SPP)

This would allow me to look into some of those specific Android versions and get a sense of where we are.
Jul 23, 2013, 05:32 PM
This integrated BTOA does not have the regulator option that the "old school" OA has, correct? I didn't see the reg component or pads on there and wanted to confirm. Thanks,

-John
Latest blog entry: Latest creation...
Jul 23, 2013, 06:51 PM
That is correct John.
Jul 24, 2013, 12:55 AM
If you are using a BTOA, please post your experience with your particular Android here and let us have:
- Your device model
I have a Galaxy S2 and a HTC Hero
- Your Android version (get it from the android settings > About > Software screen)
Samsung has 4.1.2, HTC has 2.3.5
- How well you think it works (something like always connects, mostly or hardly ever? Is hard to connect to or any other experiences).
I have no problems with both devices.
- The serial port name of your BTOA (is it xxx-SPP or xxx-RNI-SPP)
Where can i find this name?

Thanks
Markus

Just forgot one thing: the Desktop App works fine with Windows 8 x64!
Last edited by kabelbrand; Jul 24, 2013 at 01:06 AM. Reason: forgot something
Jul 24, 2013, 01:21 AM
Markus, you find the name in the downloader where you select the port.
Jul 24, 2013, 06:11 AM
Adrian,

sorry for that, but i can't find anythink like you told There are no similar definitions with SPP. Because of Windows?

Quick Reply